Author

Topic: Analysis - page 127. (Read 941567 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
November 05, 2015, 03:06:03 AM
When you finished great or (especially) bad trade you should go rest/beer/friends/whores/family. Anything but not trade. Stay away from trade. When emotions will calm, start to think what next.
Because in the end that is what I did to improve. I would turn off my computer and go read a book in the sun.
Really starting to appreciate my profits instead of being in such a hurry to make more all the time.

Realizing there will be plenty of great opportunities down the road brought me happy times.

nothing like profit "down" the road.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
November 05, 2015, 01:27:05 AM
I decline to analze this. The multi year Great 3 has been started.

Thanks for everything!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
November 04, 2015, 10:36:49 PM
It requires a strong gut to put up with the trading market, the worst thing to do is panic trade.  BTC Will always go up and receive boom and busts, make a plan and do some smart trades.  Make a solid trade or 2 but if after that trade some losses follow don't worry about it, relax and things might bounce the next day.  I experienced today was a sharp decline to 404 then it started trading up quickly, got some at 417 as I thought it will probably raise to higher levels later.  Then it dropped to 370 or so and everyone started going nuts losing their minds like this was it btc was doomed.  Meh I held and now prices are at 430 something, likely to rise to some nicer levels later on.  The big thing is don't panic and.. don't trade if your emotions start messing with you.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
November 04, 2015, 09:37:52 PM

I suck at trading these posts help me remember why I don't do it anymore... i am certain there is a frame of mind perfectly suited for trading, just not mine.

The most successful traders are those who are not quite of this world. And I wonder how much the outrageous successes have burnt through before they became financial ice men or women. As one Hollywood exec said, if they'd greenlit all the films they'd said no to and blew off the ones they said yes to they'd probably have ended up in the exact same position.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
November 04, 2015, 09:28:50 PM
I had sold every last coin I owned at 500. After masterluc announced that analysis ended I was finally convinced that this is the next bubble and bought back in at 470.
Panic sold at 415. Bought back in at 420. Then panic sold 392.  All in all a horrible way to end the day lol
I was in a similar situation while trading alt coins back in 2013-2014.
Immediately following up my best trades with multiple terrible ones, wasting my profit.

I really liked this advice:
When you finished great or (especially) bad trade you should go rest/beer/friends/whores/family. Anything but not trade. Stay away from trade. When emotions will calm, start to think what next.
Because in the end that is what I did to improve. I would turn off my computer and go read a book in the sun.
Really starting to appreciate my profits instead of being in such a hurry to make more all the time.

Realizing there will be plenty of great opportunities down the road brought me happy times.

I suck at trading these posts help me remember why I don't do it anymore... i am certain there is a frame of mind perfectly suited for trading, just not mine.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
November 04, 2015, 09:25:39 PM
I had sold every last coin I owned at 500. After masterluc announced that analysis ended I was finally convinced that this is the next bubble and bought back in at 470.
Panic sold at 415. Bought back in at 420. Then panic sold 392.  All in all a horrible way to end the day lol
Immediately following up my best trades with multiple terrible ones, wasting my profit.

Thats great advice. Thanks. The past is the past. I'm going to learn from it and move forward.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
November 04, 2015, 09:08:06 PM

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
November 04, 2015, 08:46:17 PM
Panic sold at 415. Bought back in at 420. Then panic sold 392.  All in all a horrible way to end the day lol
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
November 04, 2015, 08:25:24 PM
Of course it may pop at some point, then recover, but there wasn't even 4rd wave since 240. All this is the local 3rd.

Can someone translate this for me? Thx.

You understand EW theory I presume? Masterluc is just saying that we're still only in local wave 3 since 240, and that he expected to see a corrective wave 4 much earlier. That's why he sold his coins at 320-360 or something around there.

I don't really understand why this is a reason for masterluc to end his analysis though. So wave 3 was bigger than anticipated, and wave 4 seems to be underway right now. Why is this such a problem? You can't correctly predict and ride every single wave out there, this one was too big and unexpected also for me and I've been hanging on all the way in November 2013. Chinese buyers are just something else lol.
Is there an objective way to count the waves? Or is it up to anyone's interpretation?

Both. There are guidelines, but as with anything else, the data can be interpreted in multiple ways. That's why, given the same circumstances, you can see vastly different EW analyses.
legendary
Activity: 1498
November 04, 2015, 08:10:50 PM
Of course it may pop at some point, then recover, but there wasn't even 4rd wave since 240. All this is the local 3rd.

You understand EW theory I presume? Masterluc is just saying that we're still only in local wave 3 since 240, and that he expected to see a corrective wave 4 much earlier. That's why he sold his coins at 320-360 or something around there.

I don't really understand why this is a reason for masterluc to end his analysis though. So wave 3 was bigger than anticipated, and wave 4 seems to be underway right now. Why is this such a problem? You can't correctly predict and ride every single wave out there, this one was too big and unexpected also for me and I've been hanging on all the way in November 2013. Chinese buyers are just something else lol.
Is there an objective way to count the waves? Or is it up to anyone's interpretation?
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
November 04, 2015, 08:10:37 PM
Don't quit, Luc. We missed you Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
November 04, 2015, 08:10:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear that masterluc enters a silence phase, I hope my "polluting" of his thread, especially during these last days, wasn't among the causes.

About the market, I think we need to form a bullish double bottom before going up, so need to test support again (happening as I write this... Grin).
At a larger time frame, this exciting evolution may fit into the "THE wave B" scenario, of an accelerated wave C that we just entered.
But it depends how much fresh fiat is going to hit the exchanges during the next weeks, if China dries up, then it's a good case for wave C.
If price recovers and stays close to 500$, then this may have been the wave 1 (and beginning of 2) of a new bubble.
legendary
Activity: 1246
November 04, 2015, 07:47:27 PM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
November 04, 2015, 07:08:24 PM

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
November 04, 2015, 07:00:23 PM
thx master!
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
November 04, 2015, 06:55:56 PM

Anyway, this is above my skillz. I waited this great 3, it comes suddenly. I quit. Bye guys. Analysis ended.

Epic end to an epic thread.

Of three epic threads only one is left Angry.

The three threads:
Goomboos Journal https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/goomboos-journal-60501
This thread.
Third?

The thread with the 1'527'282 views.
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
November 04, 2015, 06:55:04 PM
Anyone find it odd that there is a $60 USD difference between bitstamp and the chinese exchanges (okcoin, huobi)?
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
November 04, 2015, 06:50:49 PM
Here comes the sanity... at $400 already.

Like an LSD trip wearing off.

Right now we're actually still up compared to yesterday. I wonder if we're going to stabilise around $400 or if we'll drop into the $300 range. I don't think we'll necessarily drop into the $200 range again though, at least I hope so Wink

I think we shouldn't go below $350 which was the top target of this rally for me. Right now that should be a solid support, if we are pushed below $400. Good to see a correction, because the pace of recent events was unsustainable and hard to explain by any fundamental news or TA.

@luc: sad to see you go, although I am not big fan of EW, nevertheless the quality of the posts in this thread deserves to keep it alive!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
November 04, 2015, 06:33:35 PM
Thanks Master.

Sad to see the  best thread on this forum come to a close though.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
November 04, 2015, 06:24:17 PM
chessnut's EW analysis too
Jump to: