Author

Topic: Analysis - page 139. (Read 941567 times)

Activity: 348
Merit: 250
October 31, 2015, 09:42:38 AM
Huobi and okcoin summary traded 6kk coins this week. This is almost half of all issued bitcoins. Can that be true?

its been posted on here or reddit that those are fake numbers cuz no commission trading so people buy/sell to themselves to create fake volume/pump

There were reddit threads about fake Huobi and okcoin trades since 2014. I quoted one comment that compares them to mtgox. There was a reddit thread by an ex-okcoin employee who said they run their own bots to manipulate both volume and price. Those exchanges deny it but I don't believe them, they fake their volume.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/1ub0f0/convince_me_why_huobicom_stats_are_not_fake

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2alcze/imo_okcoin_and_huobi_are_not_100_legit/

For me it is pretty obvious and easy to spot that at least in OKcoin and btc-e there are malicious bots doing tiny trades to manipulate the price, it either creates a fake pump or a fake dump, exactly like mtgox used to do.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1366
October 31, 2015, 09:26:11 AM
So you think this will end as small bubble to return around $270s in mid-week?
I actually think same (if you think like that) there is still no big reason for huge trend.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
October 31, 2015, 09:24:19 AM
Huobi and okcoin summary traded 6kk coins this week. This is almost half of all issued bitcoins. Can that be true?

its been posted on here or reddit that those are fake numbers cuz no commission trading so people buy/sell to themselves to create fake volume/pump
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
October 31, 2015, 09:21:41 AM
master, do you trade things other than bitcoin?  does your system of analysis (primarily elliott wave?) work for other assets?  how did you educate yourself on trading?

I am dedicated to bitcoin. Bitcoin changed my life. No other assets.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
October 31, 2015, 09:19:13 AM

Seems to be true. The question is what does that mean?  MOON?
Activity: 615
October 31, 2015, 09:17:55 AM
master, do you trade things other than bitcoin?  does your system of analysis (primarily elliott wave?) work for other assets?  how did you educate yourself on trading?
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
October 31, 2015, 09:17:17 AM
Does someone know what means that volume on huobi on bitcoinwisdom? It shows unreal data like trade 1000s btc per minute and millions per week.

fake '0-fees' volume?

gee, it completely outperform the volume from the 2013 bubble, i got 3,7+ million spike on the weekly chart Shocked

or do they have some sorta HFT going on there maybe?

To be fair I don't believe they were much of a thing back then.

Volume over there certainly rises an eyebrow. We're used to say the volume on Chinese exchanges is fake but what could generate so much "fake" volume is a good question...
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
October 31, 2015, 08:47:59 AM
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
October 31, 2015, 08:42:40 AM
Does someone know what means that volume on huobi on bitcoinwisdom? It shows unreal data like trade 1000s btc per minute and millions per week.

fake '0-fees' volume?

gee, it completely outperform the volume from the 2013 bubble, i got 3,7+ million spike on the weekly chart Shocked

or do they have some sorta HFT going on there maybe?
legendary
October 31, 2015, 08:37:15 AM
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
October 31, 2015, 08:25:41 AM
Can you explain the whole overbought calculations? I'm still new to trading, so I'm learning.
Does the overbought situation account for the downwards selling pressure for over a year?

in my opinion bitcoin shits on overbought signals, there's not such thing as overbuying bitcoin.

ahahah true story Grin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
October 31, 2015, 08:13:47 AM
Can you explain the whole overbought calculations? I'm still new to trading, so I'm learning.
Does the overbought situation account for the downwards selling pressure for over a year?

Overbought conditions usually detected using oscillators. The most known oscillator is Relative Strength Index (RSI). It is overbought >70 and oversold <30.

Daily RSI is at 2 years high, almost at 2013 bubble value.

Next one is Slow Stohastic (SS). Same as RSI (70/30).

Next ADX. Overbought or oversold >40 depending on what greater +Dl or -Dl.

All of those are close to 2013 top values.

how can all of them be so high after all this sideways trading? That doesnt make any sense at all.

If those signals are reliable we will never break out of $350, which is obviously going to happen pretty soon anyway (before next year at least).
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
October 31, 2015, 08:08:30 AM

in my opinion bitcoin shits on overbought signals, there's not such thing as overbuying bitcoin.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
October 31, 2015, 05:39:42 AM

Overbought conditions usually detected using oscillators. The most known oscillator is Relative Strength Index (RSI). It is overbought >70 and oversold <30.

The question now is if BTC is going to continue to range at a price 70% below the all time high 2 years ago, or if the bear market is finally over, 2 years of coiled spring price compression is going to explode, and we are entering a new trend.  

If new trend, need to switch to trend/momentum indicators. Because Oscillators, as we saw in 2011 and 2013, can stay MaxOverbought for months and are not useful in that case.

"Wyckoff discovered during this observation period was that when the market began to flatten out after a long decline this would usually lead to an
upward trend for the market."  - How Legendary Traders Made Millions

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
October 31, 2015, 02:52:34 AM
Overbought means nothing when bubble. That is the trouble with oscillators when trending. The question is whether Bitcoin is still oscillating or starting a new trend. When in doubt, wait and see.
Activity: 588
October 31, 2015, 01:16:15 AM
Thanks Smiley
legendary
October 30, 2015, 10:10:47 PM

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
21 million. I want them all.
October 30, 2015, 10:05:51 PM

Nov 1 is decision day for me.

If we're going sideways or stalling on November 1, I will take profits and watch closely.

If we're still going up strongly on November 1, blasting through 350 on Bitstamp, then I'm staying in to see what happens.
Activity: 588
October 30, 2015, 09:47:21 PM
legendary
October 30, 2015, 07:44:49 PM
I don't see fuel except volume to escape from this trend now with current daily overbought conditions. Even weekly are close to overbought.

If price will escape I'll be much surprised.

Jump to: