Author

Topic: Analysis - page 198. (Read 941563 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
April 24, 2015, 11:04:13 AM
I'm not worried about the collapse, but the silence phase will be painful / depressing / boring.

Too true. Alot of this is technical mumbo jumbo to me, but can someone explain why the Mid January capitulation to 150 followed by the last 3 months of silence is not exactly this, and that the bottom hasn't already been reached?

It's bid sum still being ridiculously low (and still decreasing, while at the end of the 2013 bear market bid sum went nuts, and price clearly followed for example), it's decreasing volume on all exchanges since January (again, after a real capitulation like in 2013 or 2011, the recovery should be panic buying on progressively increasing volume for the following months), the fact that the actual volume on the $150 bottom wasn't all that amazing (on chinese exchanges they are almost a standard volume bar), the fact that overall volume measured in USD is lower than in the $300-$400 area especially on chinese exchanges, EW analysis, value of daily mined coins, short term (and also long term) support trend lines broken, recent weak price action etc.

I'm not an expert on Elliott Wave Theory (I don't know anything about it actually), but all the EW chartists on this forum are bearish right now. They probably can give you a more specific answer regarding EW.

As a summary I would say:
-Bearish current price structure (and weak price action)
-Decreasing Bid Sum
-Decreasing volume (since the January bottom)
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
April 24, 2015, 10:55:50 AM
I'm not worried about the collapse, but the silence phase will be painful / depressing / boring.

Too true. Alot of this is technical mumbo jumbo to me, but can someone explain why the Mid January capitulation to 150 followed by the last 3 months of silence is not exactly this, and that the bottom hasn't already been reached?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
April 24, 2015, 10:23:02 AM
ITT people see what they want see...

I'm leaning towards 'more downside' as well (expecting to see sub-200 again, for example), but you'll note that luc didn't say "New lower low incoming", but rather "Further price collapse is possible, but not required".

Also, prices an order of magnitude lower than current price (i.e. ryn's myself chart) are pretty unlikely in my opinion, unless catastrophic protocol failure or "global crypto ban" happens. It took more than a year for price to deflate 75% (as measured by a 20 day average), and we're already showing signs of selling exhaustion, so I wouldn't bet much on pre-2013 prices.

Prediction in act.

On 208 hit next target 120.

a) 208 not hit (yet?). Keep the salivation reflex in control Smiley

b) Even then, still missing what luc's main point was. Relevant parts again:
1. Further price collapse is possible, but not required, and
2. Very fucking long "silence phase" (after final collapse)

Activity: 283
Merit: 250
April 24, 2015, 09:32:13 AM
Luc, i'm wondering, since I've seen charts from gold as well, do you also analyze the major indices? DJX SPX?

If so, what are your thoughts on the current conditions?
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
April 24, 2015, 08:13:57 AM

I'm leaning towards 'more downside' as well (expecting to see sub-200 again, for example), but you'll note that luc didn't say "New lower low incoming", but rather "Further price collapse is possible, but not required".

Also, prices an order of magnitude lower than current price (i.e. ryn's myself chart) are pretty unlikely in my opinion, unless catastrophic protocol failure or "global crypto ban" happens. It took more than a year for price to deflate 75% (as measured by a 20 day average), and we're already showing signs of selling exhaustion, so I wouldn't bet much on pre-2013 prices.

Prediction in act.

My reply was for the bolded parts of your reply.

Imo you read luc posts with a bit too strong bull classes. Luc could comment, but my interpretation from example H&S pattern that luc has showed also, is that luc thinks that new LL <166 is likely.

We could see capitulation <100 then upper weekly BB then "very fucking long silent phase" at middle weekly BB.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
April 24, 2015, 06:57:39 AM

Prediction in act.

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
April 23, 2015, 07:10:54 AM
Gold h&s

sorry, can someone explain the implications should it play out? Is head and shoulders a continuation pattern or bearish or what?

I sent this one for silver to my dad. Maybe it will explain better.

Those pink vertical lines are the same height but this is log scale. The point of neckline break is approximated so it may be sooner or later than I have drawn.

Edit:
The problem with H&S is they don't confirm until they complete. There could be a false break below the neckline and it could break back above on the retest.
Activity: 798
Who's there?
April 23, 2015, 03:03:15 AM
Gold h&s

sorry, can someone explain the implications should it play out? Is head and shoulders a continuation pattern or bearish or what?

According to the picture - bearish. If price reaches black rectangle - short, when it reaches blue one - cover, but if it goes up instead and reaches red rectangle - cut your losses.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
April 23, 2015, 02:47:20 AM
Gold h&s

exactly what happened to bitcoin not even a month ago. how did it played out?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
April 23, 2015, 02:42:33 AM
Gold h&s

Activity: 263
Merit: 280
April 22, 2015, 05:03:40 PM
See, you guys read it all wrong. That chart isn't targeting $.05 for this correction (though I know it looks like that with the box and the note), it means we are correcting the entire history of Bitcoin. Not just the 2013 euphoria phase.

Get it now, wasn't clear to me at first glance.

Besides "we won't retrace 100% of wave 1", is there any other price level prediction that can be derived from that parse?

Higher than 32 USD/BTC (wave 1)
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
April 22, 2015, 04:39:09 PM
Gold h&s

Activity: 189
April 22, 2015, 03:25:17 PM

Prediction in act.

Activity: 280
April 22, 2015, 10:09:38 AM
well in the last chart i can see a detailed graphic of long term stable and rise to 500 dollars in 2 years the BTC but with some flocutations even in ending of years
I don't see any rises possible. bitcoin's  not the one to survive
donator
April 22, 2015, 09:06:47 AM
See, you guys read it all wrong. That chart isn't targeting $.05 for this correction (though I know it looks like that with the box and the note), it means we are correcting the entire history of Bitcoin. Not just the 2013 euphoria phase.

aah! thanks for clearing that up. I read it wrong, too.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
April 22, 2015, 08:48:11 AM

Get it now, wasn't clear to me at first glance.

Besides "we won't retrace 100% of wave 1", is there any other price level prediction that can be derived from that parse?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
April 22, 2015, 08:25:03 AM
How low do you reckon we could go?

Courtesy of myself (the user, not me)
img snipped...

Riiiiight. Such delusion at the end of a bear market.

donator
April 22, 2015, 07:17:58 AM
well in the last chart i can see a detailed graphic of long term stable and rise to 500 dollars in 2 years the BTC but with some flocutations even in ending of years

btc definitely flocutates too much, still.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
April 22, 2015, 05:50:44 AM
legendary
Activity: 1176
April 22, 2015, 05:21:48 AM
How low do you reckon we could go?

Courtesy of myself (the user, not me)

Riiiiight. Such delusion at the end of a bear market.
Jump to: