Author

Topic: Analysis - page 215. (Read 941563 times)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250
January 14, 2015, 06:39:40 AM
And while this should be THE bottom, I wouldn't be surprised if support at these levels gets tested in a month or two.
Well the rise so far seems corrective so we should have one more down, although given how far up the 4th went I wouldn't be surprised if 5 will be truncated/double bottom.

edit: yup, here we go Grin

Is that probably it afterwards? Will the price stop falling? My nerves are frazzled due to the big crash.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
January 14, 2015, 06:31:20 AM
And while this should be THE bottom, I wouldn't be surprised if support at these levels gets tested in a month or two.
Well the rise so far seems corrective so we should have one more down, although given how far up the 4th went I wouldn't be surprised if 5 will be truncated/double bottom.

edit: yup, here we go Grin
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
January 14, 2015, 06:23:54 AM
Any update on where are we now? Is this the bottom?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
January 14, 2015, 05:33:14 AM
oh what a day Smiley
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
January 14, 2015, 04:51:48 AM
Bad rebuke, lebing! Angry

(Sorry, I had to.)
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
January 14, 2015, 04:45:27 AM
I made a comparison of the current bid and ask sums on Bistamp and Huobi, with the ones during the second half of September 2014.
The differences are massive: for Bitstamp, they suggest a major drop starting 3 - 5 days from now, and reaching 155$ - 180$ about 20 - 25 days from now.
For Huobi, the bid sum has increased a lot, maybe the reinstated deposits are working and there has been fresh CNY entering Chinese exchanges.
This complicates the situation, because the direction of the market depends on who leads. To crash Huobi a lot of coins must be dumped.

What does bid/ask sum have to do with predicting major movements in price?

Jack shit.

GTFO of here with that useless FUD you worthless troll.

Let's see what happened... Wink

With a lot of help from Chinese panic sellers, my prediction became true regarding prices:
Bitstamp 152$, BTC-E 176$, Bitfinex 166$, and mainland Chinese exchanges ~900CNY, let's say 150$.
I was wrong about the timing though, the first drop started 2 days earlier than expected and ended with this high volume capitulation 7 days earlier.
So my EW-derived method is not accurate with respect to timing... shrug.
The extra fiat on Huobi only made a small difference, it wasn't possible to stop this deluge.

Good call Tzupy!
legendary
Merit: 1094
January 14, 2015, 04:38:25 AM
I made a comparison of the current bid and ask sums on Bistamp and Huobi, with the ones during the second half of September 2014.
The differences are massive: for Bitstamp, they suggest a major drop starting 3 - 5 days from now, and reaching 155$ - 180$ about 20 - 25 days from now.
For Huobi, the bid sum has increased a lot, maybe the reinstated deposits are working and there has been fresh CNY entering Chinese exchanges.
This complicates the situation, because the direction of the market depends on who leads. To crash Huobi a lot of coins must be dumped.

What does bid/ask sum have to do with predicting major movements in price?

Jack shit.

GTFO of here with that useless FUD you worthless troll.

Let's see what happened... Wink

With a lot of help from Chinese panic sellers, my prediction became true regarding prices:
Bitstamp 152$, BTC-E 176$, Bitfinex 166$, and mainland Chinese exchanges ~900CNY, let's say 150$.
I was wrong about the timing though, the first drop started 2 days earlier than expected and ended with this high volume capitulation 7 days earlier.
So my EW-derived method is not accurate with respect to timing... shrug.
The extra fiat on Huobi only made a small difference, it wasn't possible to stop this deluge.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
January 14, 2015, 02:48:29 AM
A bit of nasty speculation for you all...

Bitcoin hits $200 in January  Wink

wow!
that was a lucky guess! congrats!

You could probably do it too if you'd stop looking at it as merely "a guess".
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 14, 2015, 02:26:04 AM

wow!
that was a lucky guess! congrats!
Activity: 509
Merit: 564
"In Us We Trust"
January 14, 2015, 02:15:39 AM

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
January 13, 2015, 04:09:07 PM
why didn't you sell them back to bitfinex then?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
January 13, 2015, 03:44:39 PM
interesting
legendary
Activity: 1498
January 13, 2015, 03:44:10 PM
I am waiting for one more down, but China seems to have gone to sleep, so the rest of the market waits for them to wake up and decide direction.
If there won't be one more down, this means it was truncated (locally), and since the volume wasn't IMO high enough for capitulation, it would
leave open the possibility of a larger order extension. So... bulls, pray that we go down one more time and that should be THE bottom.

Larger order extension?

The bulls on Bitfinex think since it didn't go down in due time, it was truncated, maybe it was, but Chinese volume is much weaker.
By a "larger order extension" I mean that while the market may go up for a while (several days), because it was truncated and didn't drop low enough, it could drop again below the current low.
To confirm truncation, the market needs to stay for a significant amount of time above 240$.
Was ist truncation?
legendary
January 13, 2015, 03:30:23 PM
I am waiting for one more down, but China seems to have gone to sleep, so the rest of the market waits for them to wake up and decide direction.
If there won't be one more down, this means it was truncated (locally), and since the volume wasn't IMO high enough for capitulation, it would
leave open the possibility of a larger order extension. So... bulls, pray that we go down one more time and that should be THE bottom.

Larger order extension?

The bulls on Bitfinex think since it didn't go down in due time, it was truncated, maybe it was, but Chinese volume is much weaker.
By a "larger order extension" I mean that while the market may go up for a while (several days), because it was truncated and didn't drop low enough, it could drop again below the current low.
To confirm truncation, the market needs to stay for a significant amount of time above 240$.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
January 13, 2015, 03:17:55 PM
* masterluc buying frenzy  Grin

Price can throw over the wedge resistance/support line shortly at the end (bearish wedge on example, flip image upside down)

Activity: 52
January 13, 2015, 03:07:25 PM

Larger order extension?
Activity: 798
Who's there?
January 13, 2015, 03:05:35 PM
I'd prefer to wait for current levels for long, but yes, risk with bitstamp was high.

current levels?
He probably means that he didn't want to go long yet, but had to, because of the bitstamp risk.
legendary
January 13, 2015, 03:00:20 PM
Activity: 22
January 13, 2015, 02:26:54 PM
I'd prefer to wait for current levels for long, but yes, risk with bitstamp was high.

Thanks for the update on current sentiment & clarification on Bitstamp statement.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
January 13, 2015, 11:16:28 AM

current levels?
Jump to: