Author

Topic: Analysis - page 213. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
chaos is fun...…damental :)
January 15, 2015, 06:08:11 PM

They just completely fucked over their export business.
no they dint also is irrelevant is all about imports

tell that to swatch.
why then bother to sell goods if they can sell painted paper ? just export money and import goods jesus is not hard to understand
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
January 15, 2015, 05:07:59 PM
Found this chart today:

----

TARGET CORRECTION/UPDATE

using a semilog chart the target for wave 5 is about USD 28,000
semilog is more suited to bitcoin market behavior rather than using arithmetic scale

https://www.tradingview.com/v/dHbn7XZ4/

Yet another chart that ignores Bitcoin price history before 2013  Roll Eyes

Even with the fake 2013 trend, it would take turbo-Willy to reach that high so soon, he must be smoking hallucinogens.
I would be pleasantly surprised to be above 500$ by April, but 28k$??? Come on...

Oh shit, I closed my short too early again! Angry
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
January 15, 2015, 02:22:37 PM
Found this chart today:

----

TARGET CORRECTION/UPDATE

semilog is more suited to bitcoin market behavior rather than using arithmetic scale

Yet another chart that ignores Bitcoin price history before 2013  Roll Eyes
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
January 15, 2015, 02:10:35 PM
Found this chart today:

----

TARGET CORRECTION/UPDATE

legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
January 15, 2015, 02:05:16 PM

tell that to swatch.

made in china?

They are all swiss made and have been since 1983. They use some components from asia, but its all assembled in CH.

That's just one example. It's naive to say that the swiss have no exports. Without exports their economy shrinks by more than half.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/switzerland/exports-of-goods-and-services-percent-of-gdp-wb-data.html
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
January 15, 2015, 01:12:47 PM
It's not only bitcoin that's seen carnage this week then. It's a reminder that fiat can be extremely volatile too.

Stability is a myth in a volatile universe.

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/bitcoin-as-a-store-of-value-unit-of-account-and-medium-of-exchange/
Activity: 316
January 15, 2015, 12:57:39 PM
It's not only bitcoin that's seen carnage this week then. It's a reminder that fiat can be extremely volatile too.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
January 15, 2015, 12:36:25 PM

tell that to swatch.

made in china?
legendary
January 15, 2015, 12:28:40 PM

tell that to swatch.
Activity: 515
Merit: 506
Screw It, Let's Do It
January 15, 2015, 11:11:21 AM
wow i am completely shocked. glad i get my salary in CHF Grin Grin Grin Kiss

True!
15% discount nearly worldwide. Deal of the day.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
January 15, 2015, 10:44:03 AM
Well done SNB, that EUR/CHF move was sweet Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
January 15, 2015, 09:46:18 AM
legendary
chaos is fun...…damental :)
January 15, 2015, 09:45:40 AM

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
January 15, 2015, 09:29:22 AM
Nicely done Swiss CB.

They just completely fucked over their export business. Whatever reason they had, it must be a good one. They next few weeks should be interesting to say the least.
Probably they got tired of buying billions of euros to enforce the cap. The current account surplus is too high and needs to balance itself.
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
January 15, 2015, 08:49:35 AM

And many more people that have loans denominated in CHF, contracts in CHF, hedge funds... Black swan event.
legendary
January 15, 2015, 08:45:57 AM
Nicely done Swiss CB.

They just completely fucked over their export business. Whatever reason they had, it must be a good one. They next few weeks should be interesting to say the least.

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
January 15, 2015, 08:23:59 AM
EURCHF holy fuck...

Turbulence on markets!
And people say Bitcoin is volatile. Cheesy
legendary
Merit: 1013
January 15, 2015, 08:17:18 AM
EURCHF holy fuck...

Turbulence on markets!
legendary
Merit: 1013
January 14, 2015, 09:22:38 PM
I'd say it's a bottoming behavior, but how far it may go I don't have idea.

I am worry about price is under both daily and weekly bb, so it may accelerate down. Also I don't like latest bearish weekly macd hook.

But ew suggests a bottoming picture.

Latest bottom should be followed by triangle consolidation in a case of continuation.
Activity: 316
January 14, 2015, 09:18:55 PM

Selling at ~$195 and buying at ~$132

Thoughts on this?

is there any chance that we'll see a retrace up to 240 or something before going further down?

Don't you think you're being a little greedy? Tongue
Seriously though, yes there is a possibility of 230's if this is the C of another 4th wave. The rise off the bottom looks more corrective, and with the extended downtrend and lack of a decent pull back, there is the chance that we are still in the corrective move off the bottom. I still see a good chance of lower lows in our future, but maybe not for a few days.

Maybe we hit $132...wont last very long.

Some people tend to get caught in short squeezes then end up selling too low and buying back higher.

Everyone make your own decisions without blaming anyone else for the outcome.  Smiley

+1

The post below describes a short squeeze but if you read its thread the author isn't against shorts, just warning what can happen.

I have.  And its not pleasant.  In fact, they are extremely vicious.  Without appropriate risk management, they have the ability to wipe you out.

Imagine the Spring ramp repeating itself while you're holding short.  The mentality has settled in with virtually all the Bears that Bitcoin is done and is going to zero.  They are taking their victory laps and cheering their profits.  This type of mentality is just as bad as the speculative bubble, only in reverse.  

I have most unpleasant news for you.  The Squeeze of the Century is coming.  It may not be tomorrow, next month, or even next year, buts its coming and you will be crushed.  

I know the feeling.  You shorts are probably sleeping less well now while you're making profits than you did before.  Thats because deep down you know the protocol has not failed, you know that 99% of the people want Bitcoin but just don't know it yet, you know the developers are still out there and working on improvements, and you know that big money is waiting on the sidelines for the perfect time to buy and buy hard.

Typically the ramps come in the middle of the night.  You wake up and the price has doubled trapping you deeply in the losing trade.  You wait and wait for the price to come back down but it never does as the price moves upwards incessantly to force you to cover.  The pendulum has swung too far to the wrong side.

Just wait.  Its coming...

Nobody was even talking about shorting it down. At least in the original conversation smoothie was replying to. Selling BTC for fiat is not the same as shorting. If the price rises while you're in fiat, you lose nothing except opportunistic gains. You have the ability to wait for the retrace to get in. You are not forced out of your current position as with a short squeeze.

For the record, I have been accumulating for the last few days so I am in no way telling anyone to short nor am I short. Shorting here is the most extreme of risk and the whole idea of trading is to minimize risk for whatever position you take.

Sorry I misinterpreted what you meant by a short squeeze.
Jump to: