Author

Topic: Analysis - page 212. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
January 18, 2015, 03:19:44 PM
Today's price action resembles the one of November 4th to 7th 2014, but looks artificial - could be because the market moves about 5 - 6 times faster.
To confirm this scenario we should see a double bottom in price and maybe in market indicators, followed by at least another round of pumps.
And 30min MACD should stay positive. Also, 30min PSAR should flip back to bullish.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
January 18, 2015, 02:27:51 PM
Normally I don't do EW, but this seems blatantly obvious to me.

Or can somebody invalidate that count?

Nope! It is completely valid

Does that mean that we should expect at least 1~2years of bear-market ? That doesn't seem right to me.  Huh

Validity != correctness Wink

It is a possible scenario, but not necessarily THE scenario and it's definitely not the only possible scenario. The correction could be done in a few weeks. See that A on the right side of EM's pic? To build that A, there is an ABC within it, so that can be the extent of the whole correction.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
January 18, 2015, 02:05:06 PM

https://i.imgur.com/2Od0fn9.png

Does that mean that we should expect at least 1~2years of bear-market ? That doesn't seem right to me.  Huh
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
January 18, 2015, 12:57:54 PM
Nicely done Swiss CB.

They just completely fucked over their export business. Whatever reason they had, it must be a good one. They next few weeks should be interesting to say the least.
Probably they got tired of buying billions of euros to enforce the cap. The current account surplus is too high and needs to balance itself.

via Imgflip Meme Maker
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
January 18, 2015, 12:53:58 PM

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
January 18, 2015, 12:34:51 PM

legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
January 18, 2015, 10:36:46 AM
Are you still long because of the Bitstamp thing luc?

Does his post looks like he is long, lol.

He said he chose to go long a while ago because of the risk of using Bitstamp. I'm sure he would have traded otherwise. I was wondering if he is prepared to use another exchange because I'm in a similar position and don't really trust any of them. I'm pondering which one with decent liquidity is the least risky.

Went out mostly long due to bitstamp incident
Isn't this the opposite of what people usually do?

I'd prefer to wait for current levels for long, but yes, risk with bitstamp was high.

Last I knew, he trades on BTC-e, but the spill-over effect from the BS hack is probably what he was waiting for.
He may have moved to BS, but Not afaik. Now, with the price well below the Weekly BB and the Weekly MACD hooking down, is not the time to be long. So I doubt he's long more than a small percentage.

Considering the price just shot up by $20 it was a good time to be long last night. How come it went up with the Weekly BB and the Weekly MACD hooking down?

Besides what seleme said, Weekly indicators take a lot of time to move. There will be many fluctuations until it moves back into bullish territory. I just know that luc trades more on the longer term (according to this thread anyway) rather than intraday swings, so this rise would not have even registered on the weekly indicators. Of course if he was a scalper, he would have seen the bull flag which has a target of around 240-250 and traded it, but that isn't his (public?) style.

So put that cork back in the bottle of Dom, because we are still below the spike off the bottom.
legendary
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
January 18, 2015, 06:38:35 AM
Because bulls are trying to push the price up to close inside weekly BB. That would form pretty bullish candle too.
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
January 18, 2015, 06:32:19 AM

He said he chose to go long a while ago because of the risk of using Bitstamp. I'm sure he would have traded otherwise. I was wondering if he is prepared to use another exchange because I'm in a similar position and don't really trust any of them. I'm pondering which one with decent liquidity is the least risky.

I'd prefer to wait for current levels for long, but yes, risk with bitstamp was high.

Last I knew, he trades on BTC-e, but the spill-over effect from the BS hack is probably what he was waiting for.
He may have moved to BS, but Not afaik. Now, with the price well below the Weekly BB and the Weekly MACD hooking down, is not the time to be long. So I doubt he's long more than a small percentage.

Considering the price just shot up by $20 it was a good time to be long last night. How come it went up with the Weekly BB and the Weekly MACD hooking down?
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
January 17, 2015, 11:18:12 PM

January 17, 2015, 11:08:57 PM

legendary
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
January 17, 2015, 10:32:26 PM

January 17, 2015, 09:30:22 PM
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
January 17, 2015, 09:07:34 PM
Interesting. So basically too soon to tell. Thanks for the reply!
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
January 17, 2015, 09:05:07 PM
I dont know ))

2011 fractal (not mine)

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
January 17, 2015, 08:35:05 PM
Does this nullify your wedge throw-over possibility Luc?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
January 17, 2015, 08:14:19 PM
I am worry about price is under both daily and weekly bb, so it may accelerate down. Also I don't like latest bearish weekly macd hook.
Now this is official. Under bb for 2nd time + macd bearish hook

Next support could be found at around 120 (Sept 2013 consolidation)
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
January 16, 2015, 03:58:45 PM
Latest bottom should be followed by triangle consolidation in a case of continuation.
How about a flag?

By my counts at least movements up (and down) have been of corrective structure ever since 152 bottom, which seems to support consolidation scenario here before resumption of bear trend.

Probably not as there's a pretty well defined top resistance area that we've been bouncing off of with lower lows since the big crash.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
January 16, 2015, 03:44:49 PM
Latest bottom should be followed by triangle consolidation in a case of continuation.
How about a flag?

By my counts at least movements up (and down) have been of corrective structure ever since 152 bottom, which seems to support consolidation scenario here before resumption of bear trend.
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
January 15, 2015, 06:23:07 PM

They just completely fucked over their export business.
no they dint also is irrelevant is all about imports

tell that to swatch.

made in china?

They are all swiss made and have been since 1983. They use some components from asia, but its all assembled in CH.

That's just one example. It's naive to say that the swiss have no exports. Without exports their economy shrinks by more than half.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/switzerland/exports-of-goods-and-services-percent-of-gdp-wb-data.html
It is a common lie told by the banksters that a country can, like Switzerland, live off the financial sector. Few people know it is the most industrialised country in the world, together with Japan, in terms of industrial GDP per capita.

Its industry may be small, like the country, but has a long history and has world leaders in several sectors.
Jump to: