Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANALYSIS] Altcoin Investing - page 9. (Read 41034 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
January 23, 2014, 02:28:48 PM
Added my thoughts on Infinitecoin.

I've been playing around with it today - despite having a market cap north of 5M, it was difficult to sync with only one node appearing for the duration of the sync. Difficulty very low and weak network - recommended sell until this coin gets rescued.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
January 23, 2014, 01:44:45 PM
And whatever Bitcoin enthusiasts may say, at this stage they cannot implement this combination of features into Bitcoin because that would radically alter Bitcoin's DNA."

Yes, I've heard that line . . . that if altcoins come up with any improvements, Bitcoin will simply adopt them. It's tosh. The only way the Bitcoin community will agree to even a minor (forking) change is if there is a clear existential threat like a security problem discovered . . . that will cause a scramble, and there won't be any new features added.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
January 23, 2014, 01:40:07 PM

The real confirmation time is not the time for a transaction be included in a block, it should be the time that the chain is long enough so that the chance of reorganization is very little. For BTC, normally you wait 3 to 6 confirmation, but how many you need to wait for Quark? Maybe 20, 30? Short confirmation time only gives you false safety. Moreover, 36 seconds block generating time will introduce a lot of stale and orphan blocks.

"If you use one PREDICTABLE algo (e.g SHA-256 or Scrypt) and make the block confirmation speed too fast, then your coin would be incredibly insecure (e.g.FastCoin). For instance we know that Bitcoin uses ONLY SHA-256, and Litecoin etc are using ONLY Scrypt algo -- that's predictable! But Quark complements it's fast confirmation times by 9 rounds of hashing using RANDOMLY 6 algorithms, which is unpredictable. So in effect, you have lightning speed combined with unbeatable multi-layered security. Quark is really a unique and ingenious hidden gem of a cryptocurrency.
And whatever Bitcoin enthusiasts may say, at this stage they cannot implement this combination of features into Bitcoin because that would radically alter Bitcoin's DNA."
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
January 23, 2014, 01:17:31 PM
Thank you for this article..
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
January 23, 2014, 05:58:27 AM
Nice MMC advertising  Grin
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
January 23, 2014, 05:13:04 AM
It took me a while, but I came to realize that confirmation time isn't as important as I thought when I first looked into crypto-currencies.
A "good enough" confirmation per transaction can be achieved via other methods so you don't have to wait, for example, the full ~10 minutes per confirmation on BTC.

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
January 23, 2014, 02:36:02 AM

The real confirmation time is not the time for a transaction be included in a block, it should be the time that the chain is long enough so that the chance of reorganization is very little. For BTC, normally you wait 3 to 6 confirmation, but how many you need to wait for Quark? Maybe 20, 30? Short confirmation time only gives you false safety. Moreover, 36 seconds block generating time will introduce a lot of stale and orphan blocks.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
January 22, 2014, 06:10:58 PM
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
January 22, 2014, 04:56:39 PM
Memorycoin is in my opinion the coin with the most potential out there, mainly due to the voting system. It is truly remarkable how much we have achieved because of it - and as freetrade said we already have more services that QRK or LTC.

I own memorycoin and I'm an active member of invictus co.munity, but to say memorycoin has more services and infrastructure than litecoin is just a bunch of bullshit.

About the write up, I agree with a lot of it btw but when it came to litecoin, seriously Free trade 0 /10? You have no idea what's in store this year for litecoin development and infrastructure. There are litecoin projects worth millions of dollars in development and most exchanges and ATMs plan yo have litecoin very soon. Sure there are issues with the community but they are already being worked on. Litecoin still has a long way to go up, $700Million market cap won't just go to $0

Activity: 48
January 22, 2014, 04:17:18 PM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Looking to start various enterprises
January 22, 2014, 06:29:59 AM
Memorycoin is in my opinion the coin with the most potential out there, mainly due to the voting system. It is truly remarkable how much we have achieved because of it - and as freetrade said we already have more services that QRK or LTC.
Activity: 98
Bitbahia.com
January 21, 2014, 02:43:01 PM
Excelent guide, a lot of thanks Grin
Activity: 62
January 21, 2014, 12:36:20 PM
Great guide!
Activity: 462
January 21, 2014, 11:40:39 AM
Activity: 42
January 20, 2014, 07:22:07 PM
legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001
January 20, 2014, 07:08:39 PM
What!? Your alt-coin doesn't let you vote? HaHa...

Should have used Memorycoin!

5% of newly mined MemoryCoins are awarded as grants to finance development, support and marketing.
Anyone can apply for a position and the winners are selected by a vote of MemoryCoin holders.

http://memorycoin.org/manifesto/
Activity: 168
January 20, 2014, 04:41:59 PM
lol first of all there is no mention for peercoin or namecoin. maybe educate yourself a bit about the big coins.

quark is mined almost entirely, it's the end of mining what are you talking about asics and fpgas joining in the future?
it is so obvious you are a quark holder/drooler

From your post it almost makes it seem like QRK won't be mined at some point. From what I've read, the blocks just keep coming and stop halving after we hit 247,4xx,xxx coins.
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
January 20, 2014, 04:28:33 PM
lol first of all there is no mention for peercoin or namecoin. maybe educate yourself a bit about the big coins.

quark is mined almost entirely, it's the end of mining what are you talking about asics and fpgas joining in the future?
it is so obvious you are a quark holder/drooler
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
January 20, 2014, 03:08:45 PM

In QRK, they are never 'all mined'.  (1M per year indefinitely).

If a coin were 'all mined' then it would be a good test of whether the network stands on transaction fees or PoS (or some other).

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
January 20, 2014, 03:00:11 PM
Quark is a scamcoin.

Great analysis. Well presented argument as usual. Mod , you can delete mine with this message if you wish.

I am delighted to find this thread, and will contribute as and when I have something useful to add.

No argument, only fact. Quarkcoin is a pump and dump scheme, the most egregious ever attempted.

Don't agree with that, many coins have risen x100 or more in value. Qrk is one of those that happens to have a huge community to go along with it's rise in value. It is now a coin that can only go forward.  We should review in 1 year and see who is correct everything else is just guessing and speculation. Nobody knows for sure what will happen. I personally am holding the QRK i have and picked up more in the 7000 range.

the anti thesis to your argument is, what will happen when all the coins are mined?
Pages:
Jump to: