Pages:
Author

Topic: And now - the sucker's rally - page 2. (Read 13926 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
April 19, 2013, 03:53:05 PM
The "crash" looks like a minor speed bump  when you zoom out a bit:

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#igWeeklyztgSzm1g10zm2g25zl
I would say zoom out a little bit, think about months/years not days, and you will see that we could very well still be at A. This is still very early adopter stage, as we are talking about a global techology with possibly huge adoption potential.

Just compare this with apple and the iOS tsunami for example. Are we at the stage where everyone and their mother has BTC, everyone talks about it to death, all hedge funds invest in it and guarantee unlimited growth (we're past this for AAPL and price has now crashed)? Or are we still at a stage where people discover this, journalists still scrambling to understand it, most of your friends don't know about it, and very few mothers own BTC? If you think about all the money in circulation globally, and a 'market share' for BTC, I am guessing we are well under 1%, probably a few decimals from that? Certainly a lot less that when apple market share when stock was trading at $15.

Of course BTC is a game changer, the first global currency, so hard to compare with a generic chart which probably applied to pets.com and other high branding-low innovation startups.

Of course this is really speculation land, no one can predict world events that could really alter the price, or whether big money (hedge funds etc) will decide to get on board or fight this to the ground.

THIS!!!

I like these thoughts.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
April 19, 2013, 02:31:17 PM
Don't have a clue about Estonia, just found on wikipedia

Estonia: Corporations/legal persons income tax.
Legal persons income tax rate is 21% in the year 2012. However, the system of corporate earnings taxation currently in force in Estonia is a unique system, which shifts the moment of corporate taxation from the moment of earning the profits to the moment of their distribution. In other words, earning profits in itself does not bring income tax liability, which arises only when earned profit is distributed to shareholders. In case profit distributed to shareholders originates from dividends received from subsidiary company or from permanent establishment corporation has in other country, then profit distribution is tax exempt. Estonia does not have withholding tax on dividends paid.

AFAIK lower corp. taxes in EU are

Bulgaria 10%
Cyprus 10% (will be 12.5 soon)
Ireland 12.5%

A ruling by Estonian tax authorities TODAY, so a hot new info:
- Bitcoins are not subject to VAT in Estonia

As you combine this with the little-known secret:
- Estonian corporate tax is 0%, the lowest in EU

Now this is interesting, could you possibly link material to read up on the actual ruling ?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
April 19, 2013, 02:12:57 PM

Now this is interesting, could you possibly link material to read up on the actual ruling ?

Of course not. Welcome to Estonia, the Byzant of the North.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
April 19, 2013, 02:09:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
April 19, 2013, 01:53:31 PM
Well I guess we have to ask the maker of this template if "valuation" is on a log scale.  Wink

The problem is on a log scale that graph spans over 8 magnitudes from the current point.
That would make one BTC worth approximately USD 20,000,000,000.

Now if somebody comes up with an explanation besides hyperinflation I am all ears. But that wouldn't be "valuation" then.

oh btw:
don't blink

Oh and media attention was the good wife episode.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
It's the muffins that must be stopped.
April 19, 2013, 01:40:37 PM

you will soon reach "Blow off phase"
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
April 19, 2013, 01:31:37 PM
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
April 19, 2013, 01:08:28 PM
The graph like pattern can be considered a fractal.my two satoshis.

Yep, totally agree.
Activity: 252
a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish
April 19, 2013, 01:07:54 PM
I would say zoom out a little bit, think about months/years not days, and you will see that we could very well still be at A. This is still very early adopter stage, as we are talking about a global techology with possibly huge adoption potential.

Just compare this with apple and the iOS tsunami for example. Are we at the stage where everyone and their mother has BTC, everyone talks about it to death, all hedge funds invest in it and guarantee unlimited growth (we're past this for AAPL and price has now crashed)? Or are we still at a stage where people discover this, journalists still scrambling to understand it, most of your friends don't know about it, and very few mothers own BTC? If you think about all the money in circulation globally, and a 'market share' for BTC, I am guessing we are well under 1%, probably a few decimals from that? Certainly a lot less that when apple market share when stock was trading at $15.

Of course BTC is a game changer, the first global currency, so hard to compare with a generic chart which probably applied to pets.com and other high branding-low innovation startups.

Of course this is really speculation land, no one can predict world events that could really alter the price, or whether big money (hedge funds etc) will decide to get on board or fight this to the ground.

THIS!!!
Activity: 434
April 19, 2013, 01:06:39 PM

Am I doing it right?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
April 19, 2013, 01:03:56 PM
Op is here to just stir FUD. What his true intentionsare we will never know
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
April 19, 2013, 12:54:14 PM

no comment
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
April 19, 2013, 12:50:11 PM
By all means, if you have money in BTC you can't afford to lose, take profits now as it could be a bull trap.

However, keep in mind that the "cheering crowds" at $50 have been and continue to be eclipsed by exponentially larger crowds that only cheer at $100, then only at $200, etc.

"People" and "cheering crowds" point to exponentially growing sets, each with a higher entry point. These are moving goalposts.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
April 19, 2013, 12:42:54 PM
wow, I had always thought the future was unknowable. I have learned from these forums that anyone who can type in all caps can precisely predict the future. Just ask one of them.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
April 19, 2013, 12:40:21 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone and their brother and their grandmother will be dumping as much money as they can muster into BTC if it goes even a cent under $50. Sorry mate, you missed your low buy-in. Better luck after the next bubble pop.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
April 19, 2013, 12:35:47 PM
why didn't you label your graph like this?

+1  ^this

Because E must be a VERY under-valued price!! When Bitcoin reached 47$ people were shocked how high it went and how huge the bubble is - don't you forget that!!!!! 50$ is still a huge bubble with lots of cheering crowds! those crowds should be evaporated before you can say that the low is in!! If before the bubble started the price was say 10$ - then the fear and anxiety of all the cheering crowds right now is going to take the price lower than 10$  - that's a REAL E !!
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
April 19, 2013, 12:35:15 PM
The graph like pattern can be considered a fractal. And so on any given day or moment, we can find the exact same pattern. The last 12 hours looks like this!

So, as the time horizon extends, and the graph gets larger, we shall see the same pattern on an extended scale. say 2660 to 550 stabilizing at 1150, only to move to 22600, etc.

But the patter remains the same, just the scale differs.

my two satoshis.
The patterns are not limited to the timeline. These patterns can be recursive as well.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
April 19, 2013, 12:34:21 PM
I am already there, and will start employing my "price stabilization war chest" of BTC2,000.

I can help you get started for EUR 2,000 fixed fee + EUR 500 per month including manager and bookkeeping. You get to trade legally to your heart's content, paying 0% in taxes. Full package, PM me.

I really don't like the way you brag.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
April 19, 2013, 12:31:35 PM
The graph like pattern can be considered a fractal. And so on any given day or moment, we can find the exact same pattern. The last 12 hours looks like this!

So, as the time horizon extends, and the graph gets larger, we shall see the same pattern on an extended scale. say 2660 to 550 stabilizing at 1150, only to move to 22600, etc.

But the patter remains the same, just the scale differs.

my two satoshis.

Maybe...

Maybe in 2011 we saw prices soaring to 30$ and then diminishing to 3$

And in 2013 we saw prices soaring to 260$ and then diminishing to 26$

And in 2015 we shall see prices soaring to 2600$ and then diminishing to 260$...

But now at this junction when someone is holding serious money, say 500,000$ in his hands - isn't it better to wait for lower prices to join in? Much lower prices? Cause you know - if this fractal plan doesn't work... - this is serious money that could be lost...

So better be aware of the evil local sucker's rally - no?

GotBitCoins.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
April 19, 2013, 12:30:18 PM
The vola would stop if people would stop panic buying or selling. ATM the price is at 116. If you want to sell, why not selling at 120? Or buying at 110? The price went through both 110 and 120 dozens of time in the last few weeks. It will do so again. And again, and again.

If 5% here learn that adding liquidity to the market saves them money while taking liquidity costs them, the price will stabilize. Listen: I will continue to take your money if you continue to take liquidity! Stop inducing vola. Learn patience.

You for the first time in history have the optimum jurisdiction for bitcoin trading, and soon the volatility will be gone, as more and more businesses flock in to stabilize the market. I am already there, and will start employing my "price stabilization war chest" of BTC2,000.

I can help you get started for EUR 2,000 fixed fee + EUR 500 per month including manager and bookkeeping. You get to trade legally to your heart's content, paying 0% in taxes. Full package, PM me.

If people would start spending Bitcoin and earning Bitcoin, the price would stabilize. You'd be surprised about the bargains you get with Bitcoin.

Soon, brother, soon Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: