Pages:
Author

Topic: Android Bitcoin Client Bounty (1740 BTC pledged) - page 4. (Read 44734 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Actually i just now found it in the bitcoin market.  Installs fine and runs, but I need to setup a server with a static ip I guess.

It works just fine with a home server and dynamic dns (i.e. dyndns.org). Thats what i wrote it for.

Having a wallet on my phone is way to dangerous for me since i'm wiping my phone whenever a new rom pop up :-). One of the times I'd surely miss backing it up.

As I said. I'm not after the bounty. Just thought it was the right place to post it.
Activity: 489
Merit: 504
But what I would really like is to run bitcoin daemon locally on my Android...
That's what the bounty is about ^^
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin
How do I install this on my Android device?  Fyi I have a rooted Motorola Attic 4G running Android 2.6.1. and have terminal access.

Actually i just now found it in the bitcoin market.  Installs fine and runs, but I need to setup a server with a static ip I guess.

But what I would really like is to run bitcoin daemon locally on my Android...
I look forward to trying it when the source code is available. Smiley

Here it is then :-). But you've been warned, it ain't pretty.

http://lwinet-server.dyndns.org/external/bitcoiner/BitCoiner_source.zip

Belkaar

[/quote]
Didn't a remote client for Android already exist?  I thought someone had that one licked back in July.
[/quote]

If so please point me to it. No point in doing the stuff twice.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
Hello Everyone,

i just created my first Android App. It's a RPC client for bitcoind.
Any thoughts?

Didn't a remote client for Android already exist?  I thought someone had that one licked back in July.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I look forward to trying it when the source code is available. Smiley
Hello Everyone,

i just created my first Android App. It's a RPC client for bitcoind.
Right now it can show you some stats

(tap on the hashrate to start/stop mining)

and can send bitcoins to an address.

Feel free to try it out
http://lwinet-server.dyndns.org/external/bitcoiner/net.lwi.BitCoiner.apk

Plans for the future (if and when i got time):
-QR-code integration for sending and receiving coins
-Show correct account balance (currently the bitcoind api only counts the received coins, not the sent ones)
-Maybe instant currency conversion
-Localization
-Release source code when its not that embarrassing any more :-)

Any thoughts?

Belkaar

P.S. I don't want to qualify for the bounty but donations are welcome :-)
1As5wGKDLovNPWQ3Me7z4abhhH3HgWBshd
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
Andreas is making steady progress. I think the next release is blocked on a working BoundedMemoryStore, which I'm planning on tackling after a few other things.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Any news on this? The thread must be revived!

I also pledge minimum 20 BTC for a functional lightweight android client, but I might donate more if I like it and it turns out being actually used by other people, so I can exchange money with them wherever I am without juggling change. Smiley

Please continue this, I think it's quite important for BitCoin to have a portable version that's easy to use -- otherwise it's not much of a wallet.

And so the prize tag of the bounty had increased.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
Any news on this? The thread must be revived!

I also pledge minimum 20 BTC for a functional lightweight android client, but I might donate more if I like it and it turns out being actually used by other people, so I can exchange money with them wherever I am without juggling change. Smiley

Please continue this, I think it's quite important for BitCoin to have a portable version that's easy to use -- otherwise it's not much of a wallet.
Activity: 483
Merit: 501
Just to let the subscribers of this thread know:

Based on bitcoinj, I've created and uploaded a first, experimental Bitcoin wallet implementation for Android:

http://market.android.com/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet

You can send money just by scanning a QR code the app displays. You need to install one of the QR code scanning apps for this to work (e.g. "Goggle").

The app currently only works for testnet. Because testnet is very slow in transaction processing, it currently takes ages to update the wallet. Unfortunately, I can't switch to prodnet, because Android apps only got 4 MB of heap memory and that's not enough for the blockchain. You can use the emulator and assign a max heap size of 32 MB though.

GPLv3'ed source available here: http://code.google.com/p/bitcoin-wallet/
Well I can share single classes there but as I said I don't want to make it world accessible yet.

What I want is a community working on improving a single network/protocol core implementation in Java, and having 10 independent forks just reduces the collaboration. I want to create a functional core before releasing mainly to group interested people around it to help improve and maintain it, and then we can make it completely public.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
How about #bitcoin-dev on freenode?
Any favorite communication/sharing channels?

I'm personally trying to get to grips with gerrit, which might be a good way to ensure code quality by code review, also it allows automatic builds and checks via hudson  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
if there are developers interested in joining the java library effort please tell me, and you can start judging the ugliness of my code, or start contributing. The goal is to have a solid base implementation on which to implement additional services and interfaces.

I'll take a look at it. Let me know.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
As far as I know, desktop Linux barely have any marketshare.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_adoption

There's no good way to measure the market share of Linux, but it certainly more than barely there. We're getting off topic though.
legendary
Hasn't this been done?

As far as I know, desktop Linux barely have any marketshare.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Noble effort. But it's like trying to propel linux to the desktop in a world of window.
Hasn't this been done?
legendary
MeeGo is dead meat.

Bitcoin might be the killer app that MeeGo needs to propel it to success.

From a porting point of view, MeeGo is by far the most practical smartphone platform, because it directly supports a fairly standard Linux build process.

Noble effort. But it's like trying to propel linux to the desktop in a world of window.
Pages:
Jump to: