Pages:
Author

Topic: Android Bitcoin Client Bounty (1740 BTC pledged) - page 8. (Read 44734 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
I would totally have a go at this if I wasn't currently in a coding frenzy with other stuff, partly android-related, and I know that if I stop now my interest in this will dwindle away Smiley

Activity: 336
Merit: 252
I'll pledge 800 BTC too.

( I think we need to advertise this bounty in some Android app development forums.....   Who wants to post news of our bounty in a bunch of Android app development forums, with a link back to this thread....? )
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live
I recommend, instead of the GPL licence, maybe consider using the Apache License, Version 2.0.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
I was thinking on working on an Android client (not just an interface to the desktop client, but a standalone client), so I'm intrigued by the Bounty.

Sadly I'll only have time after christmas, so I'll contribute if someone's faster than me.

One more thing: conditions have to be a bit better specified. I'd go for standalone app (no desktop client needed), manages it's own wallet, barcode scanner that recognizes the URI format, anything else?

Near-Field and/or bu.mp intergration.  Option to limit client to one (trusted) connection, in order to limit bandwidth consumption over cell account, or ability to limit client to only download blocks with wifi.  Ability to use Dash7 for transactions, so that transactions can be distrubuted to nearby Dash7 capable devices without the need for a continuous Internet connection would be a plus, but not critical.
Activity: 93
Merit: 11
I am very tempted. I am a very experienced Java developer (12 years) and have been doing professional programming for 22+ years (C, C++, Java). Unfortunately no Android experience, and my hash/crypto/p2p knowledge is limited.

My current assignment probably ends by Christmas, and after that I could possibly do this for two months straight. It would, of course, be open source, and I always do TDD programming (high-quality code), and I might have colleagues willing to pitch-in, but they may be squeamish about a project like this. Haven't asked yet.

I will think about this for a few days and get back with my decision.
Activity: 489
Merit: 504
I was thinking on working on an Android client (not just an interface to the desktop client, but a standalone client), so I'm intrigued by the Bounty.

Sadly I'll only have time after christmas, so I'll contribute if someone's faster than me.

One more thing: conditions have to be a bit better specified. I'd go for standalone app (no desktop client needed), manages it's own wallet, barcode scanner that recognizes the URI format, anything else?
legendary
Brocktice upped the ante to 800 BTC, plus a 200 btc potential bonus.
legendary

By local transactions, I assume a minimum capability of a local wallet.dat, the ability to use bu.mp (or similar) to transfer addresses, and the ability to create transactions in the absence of working Internet access.

I pledge 50 under these conditions.

Added.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
I am pledging 20 BTC for the development of a viable bitcoin client for android for the purpose of facilitating local transactions.

By local transactions, I assume a minimum capability of a local wallet.dat, the ability to use bu.mp (or similar) to transfer addresses, and the ability to create transactions in the absence of working Internet access.

I pledge 50 under these conditions.
legendary
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Apparently I inspired this image.
I'll pledge 400 make that 800, and would even pay if it's just a nice Android/iPhone web app BUT it must be runnable on one's own server, not linked to its own service.

I.e. I run bitcoin + this service on my own server, it runs a secure web app that lets me view my balance, get new addresses, and send to addresses, per Kiba's local transaction specifications. Bonus of another 200 if it'll show/scan QR codes for exchanging addresses.
legendary
I am pledging 20 BTC for the development of a viable bitcoin client for android for the purpose of facilitating local transactions.

Added condition: I want it to be open source. GPL or BSD like licenses.

Pledges:

Kiba: 20 BTC.
brocktrice: 800 BTC.
creighto: 50 BTC.
brucewagner: 800 BTC.
slush: 50 BTC.
Vandroiy: 20 BTC

Pledges outside the forum:

[email protected] - 20 BTC

Total: 1760 BTC so far.
Pages:
Jump to: