Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANIMATED CHART] Local Boards Post Race - page 2. (Read 630 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 835
January 01, 2023, 04:51:53 PM
congratulations for the good work done bitmover.
the number of posts that are made monthly on all the local boards is impressive, as an Italian I am pleased to see that many compatriots write a lot on the forum even if we are not as competitive as Russia and Turkey, but the fifth place is already a great achievement
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1853
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
January 01, 2023, 03:42:33 PM
very good work bitmover.

Through the animated chart, I see very little activity in some local boards. I don't know why. Is it because Crypto is not widespread in these countries, or is it because members from these countries write in English most of the time?

I also think that signature campaigns may play a role in the low activity of some local boards, because some signature campaigns do not count posts in local boards. This is why many members do not write in their local language.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
January 01, 2023, 03:13:08 PM
It took some time to take them. But using other tools, like DdmrDdmr dashboard or ninjastic.space it may be possible to get data prior to 2020. I will take a look later!
Thanks!
I am looking forward.

In reality Russian board never really lost the first spot, all that changes were caused due old deleted posts which was the cause for me switching to another data source.
Thanks for explanation.
I was wondering what really happened there but I didn't want to ask to many questions and open new Pandora's box.
Do you think Russian board was in the first place even before 2020 since the beginning?

Pakistan shows decent amount of posts and I think they deserved to get new local board like Nigeria did.
Pakistan is going strong for at least 2 years now, which is imho proof enough that they are not going anywhere and that they indeed deserve their own local board in order to develop further, like Nigerians will now after they got their own.
They had similar or more activity then Nigerian board, so I think 2023 is going to be their year.
Theymos is probably careful when making any changes, and he waits to see if this activity will continue or it is just a passing thing.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
January 01, 2023, 10:45:36 AM
I was not aware there was so many changes in top positions and German board is the only one that is somehow holding grounds with Turkish and Russian board.
In reality Russian board never really lost the first spot, all that changes were caused due old deleted posts which was the cause for me switching to another data source.

Pakistan shows decent amount of posts and I think they deserved to get new local board like Nigeria did.
Pakistan is going strong for at least 2 years now, which is imho proof enough that they are not going anywhere and that they indeed deserve their own local board in order to develop further, like Nigerians will now after they got their own.

It took some time to take them. But using other tools, like DdmrDdmr dashboard or ninjastic.space it may be possible to get data prior to 2020. I will take a look later!
Afaik Merit Dashboard shows data from 2018 onward while on ninjastic.space you can find local board post count from the moment of their creation.

Needless to say, awesome work!
Activity: 658
Merit: 354
I stand with Ukraine!
January 01, 2023, 01:14:00 AM
2022 ends but in this year, some members crossed 10,000 merit but you did not update your animated chart for their merit race.

Is it time for it?

The last update stops at October 2020.
Earned merit race animation
https://bitcoindata.science/meritrace.html

Race to 10k merit club
legendary
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
December 31, 2022, 02:51:57 PM
@bitmover is there any way to get something similar for period before 2020?

As I said, I used the data from Rikafip posts.

legendary
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
December 31, 2022, 02:05:54 PM
Great looking animated chart for local boards and it arrived just in perfect time in the end of year Wink
I was not aware there was so many changes in top positions and German board is the only one that is somehow holding grounds with Turkish and Russian board.

@bitmover is there any way to get something similar for period before 2020?
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
December 31, 2022, 09:35:37 AM
Very nice work.
I posted it on my META thread.

Do you plan updating it from time to time os it is going to be a one off?

Thansk for sharing.

I will to update it monthly as Rikafip updates his post.

Just add the next month data is pretty easy for me now.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
December 31, 2022, 08:58:30 AM
Very nice work.
I posted it on my META thread.

Do you plan updating it from time to time os it is going to be a one off?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
December 30, 2022, 08:57:19 PM
Good job bitmover.

It is true that these numbers are presented every month, but when you assemble this type of graphs you get a more comprehensive view of the numbers presented.

I found it curious that although French is one of the most spoken languages in the world, it is not one of the busiest local boards. Is there so little interest in Bitcoin in France or in French speaking countries?
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
December 30, 2022, 07:02:10 PM
Well done bitmover!

It's incredible to see the numbers in this way, we can see interesting things like Turkish board, 2nd place right now but with tons of posts, probably because the situation in their country, inflation and now people are more interested in cryptos.

Italian board, November 2021, 1st place, with a huge spike in posts. (Do you know the reason?)

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. This was a typing error, I added one more zero by mistake.

Already fixed!!

Last month Russian board had so many posts deleted that they ended up in negative, meaning they are missing from this month's chart.

As I used his data, the same results are here as well.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
December 30, 2022, 07:02:00 PM
I am quite surprised by the spike in the Italian board, and I cannot remember anything like this.
I think you should double-check your numbers here.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
December 30, 2022, 06:53:44 PM
Well done bitmover!

It's incredible to see the numbers in this way, we can see interesting things like Turkish board, 2nd place right now but with tons of posts, probably because the situation in their country, inflation and now people are more interested in cryptos.

Italian board, November 2021, 1st place, with a huge spike in posts. (Do you know the reason?)

And the most interesting board, Russian from Jun 2021 to July 2021. Why did this board have only a few posts in this period, disappearing from the top 18?
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
December 30, 2022, 06:13:52 PM
This an animated chart created with data from Rikafip post [CHARTS] Brief monthly overview of the local boards activity.

I scraped the data from each chart and added here in this new animated chart, as suggested by dkbit98  and Rikafip.

We can see the evolution of each local board activity since 2020.

I hope you guys enjoy. I am open for suggestions.

I was thinking about adding flags on each board, but I felt this very complicated as some languages/board might be shared along many different countries.
Pages:
Jump to: