Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [1080 | 1080TI] ETHlargement - The Hashrate Hardener - page 27. (Read 59569 times)

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
pretty sweet i must say.

generally i dislike running unvetted software but this was too hard to pass up.

hash is in the low 50's on my 2 1080tis on cdm 11.6 11.4. still tweaking. nice.

sent a ltc donation, tx in pm.

Activity: 104
Merit: 3
Is there any chance for the Pill reduce even more the cards lifespan?

the real question

FFS here we go again! perpetuating the MYTH that electronics wear out like some machine!

The only thing that is likely to suffer are fans because they are mechanical.
Until you can explain at the material level what changes with age, be quiet.
24/7 operation is not a reason.
Running at 100% is not a reason (unless you're an idiot you will be under clocking and volting to reduce power)
heat cycling is not a reason( for one thing mining gpu aren't cycling, they run at steady temps)

So enough with the irrational paranoia, and anyway you will be upgrading before any gpu's run long enough to wear out

Baz

That's not exactly true.  The caps will eventually fail, and they will fail faster at higher temps.  I doubt that this ETHlargement will have any significant impact though.

Gpu temps are lower in a mining rig so they will last longer

Agreed.  I was just nitpicking at your argument that the lack of moving parts meant that electronics won't "wear out".  Everything eventually fails, and sending sustained loads, while less stressful than fluctuating transitory loads typical of gaming or whatever, still raises the temperature, which leads to an accelerated rate of failure.  In the case of caps, AFAIK, even the "solid" ones still use an electrolyte polymer that is still subject to expansion hastened by heat.  I could be talking out of my ass though, as I'm far from an expert.
Activity: 75
Merit: 1

the real question

FFS here we go again! perpetuating the MYTH that electronics wear out like some machine!

Running at 100% is not a reason (unless you're an idiot you will be under clocking and volting to reduce power)
heat cycling is not a reason( for one thing mining gpu aren't cycling, they run at steady temps)

So enough with the irrational paranoia, and anyway you will be upgrading before any gpu's run long enough to wear out

Baz

That's not exactly true.  The caps will eventually fail, and they will fail faster at higher temps.  I doubt that this ETHlargement will have any significant impact though.

Gpu temps are lower in a mining rig so they will last longer
Activity: 104
Merit: 3

the real question

Baz

That's not exactly true.  The caps will eventually fail, and they will fail faster at higher temps.  I doubt that this ETHlargement will have any significant impact though.
Activity: 199
Merit: 108
Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.

No.

Oh wait, someone already answered up above.
Activity: 75
Merit: 1

the real question

Baz
Activity: 15
Merit: 0

the real question
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
just a question, is there major diff in payment from pool apart from fig change of speed? can please someone confirm if he is getting around 40% extra payment?

Confirmed here.
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
First I want to thank the authors for this great tool and for their giving spirit to help the community. I would encourage everyone to donate some or all of their first week or two's increased profits to the developers to promote such releases in the future.

Secondly, I want to add my voice that this tool does indeed work as advertised. I have been running it now on my 1080TI rigs for the past 4 days and can verify that not only does it increase the hashrate as shown in the miner, but also increases the shares submitted to the pool.

My first test of this software was on a smaller 4x1080TI rig I have and the rig's poolside shares went from ~150 per hour on the Ethermine pool to around 190 per hour after using the enlargement tool. This corresponds pretty closely with the rig hashrate going from 140 MH/s to 200 MH/s, or the difference of going from around 35MH/s to 50MH/s per 1080TI.

After having switched my remaining 1080TI rigs over they all displayed similar results, with cards running from 49 to 52 MH/s and increased share count pool-side.

Myself I think some of the haters and disbelievers may have other agendas at play and they get mad when people release such helpful tools to the community, especially for free. I hope the people who are taking advantage of the increased performance of this tool can realize this and not only help cast light on the trolls for what they are, but also to recognize that a small donation will help to promote this type of software in the future.

If you do not choose to donate, realize if that becomes the prevalent attitude, in time the only software available to the public will be either with developer fees, costing you a lot more in the long run than a donation would, or remain in private hands of the big farmers everyone claims to so despise.

Once again to the developers, thank you for this great software as I for one appreciate it.

Well said! 100% with you and donation already sent Smiley
Activity: 72
just a question, is there major diff in payment from pool apart from fig change of speed? can please someone confirm if he is getting around 40% extra payment?
Activity: 94
Merit: 5
I don't have any Nvida cards but Props to the developers helping out the community with this.
Activity: 2
Works beautiful!

My 1080 got 24 MH/s before and 34 MH/s after.

Thank you!
Activity: 102
Have never mined ETH before....All suggestions on best miner and pool?

Also, can I add this executable to shell:startup on all my Win10 rigs?
Activity: 15
Activity: 141
Can someone know why power on some cards is not in use 100%

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 387.22                 Driver Version: 387.22                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:01:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   34C    P2   148W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11171MiB |     96%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:04:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   44C    P2   136W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     98%      Default |
|   2  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:08:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   45C    P2   127W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     99%      Default |
|   3  GeForce GTX 107...  On   | 00000000:09:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   53C    P2   140W / 140W |   2693MiB /  8114MiB |     96%      Default |
|   4  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0A:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   39C    P2   144W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     97%      Default |
|   5  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0B:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   51C    P2   161W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     97%      Default |
|   6  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0C:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   44C    P2   176W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     95%      Default |
|   7  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0D:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   43C    P2   128W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     94%      Default |
|   8  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0E:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   37C    P2   166W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     97%      Default |
|   9  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:0F:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   42C    P2   166W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     96%      Default |
|  10  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:10:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   46C    P2   154W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     99%      Default |
|  11  GeForce GTX 108...  On   | 00000000:11:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 80%   39C    P2   172W / 170W |   2735MiB / 11172MiB |     97%      Default |

As well as I can see P2 is not full speed state P0 in NVidia is full power state.
Activity: 6
Any update on why Asus 1080Ti Turbo cards wont take the meds?

I also seek a solution for Asus 1080Ti Turbo cards. I have a bunch of these.

+

+

Asus 1080Ti Turbo cards wont take the meds, but "Gigabyte 1080Ti GAMING OC" took the pill and runs as hell like on meth achieving 54Mh/s - wow
Activity: 3
Any update on why Asus 1080Ti Turbo cards wont take the meds?

I also seek a solution for Asus 1080Ti Turbo cards. I have a bunch of these.

+
Activity: 2
Good lord.

Guys. It says there, right in the tool - it's 1080 and 1080Ti (okay, and now TitanXP) only. Literally.

Your P104-100 will not work. Your P106-100 will not work. Your RX470 will definitely not work.

The tool is for ETHhereum. That's why it's called ETHlargement. That's the joke.

Your shares get reflected at the pool. Wait a few damn hours.

No, this tool isn't responsible for killing your rigs, eating your children, your MyEtherWallet being hacked or your land rates increasing.

If you don't trust OhGodACompany, don't run it.

However: if you DO have a TitanXP, 1080 or 1080Ti that isn't running this tool correctly, please, let us know on GitHub or here. These edge cases are usually due to users not running as root/admin, but, hey, who knows, maybe there's RevC memory wandering out there somwhere.

Hello ..first I want to congratulate you on a great job .. i got some 1080 and 1080ti that are very erect right now ..unfortunately I have some Titan XP that are not hanging proud .. i will attach a pic with the shameful state of things . Your input would be greatly appreciated . Thank you in advance

https://i.imgur.com/jgijwJj.png

Activity: 48
Boo, no ETHlargement for my Titan XPs.

As there are two variants of Titan X for the Pascal generation (XP and Xp) do we know if it is working on the XP version? I would very much love to switch over to a lower power algorithm for the summer months.

I ask as the Xp version may be a little different than the XP. More cores and stuff.

I've tried launching it as administrator from the downloaded package as well as using this in the command prompt (elevated)

C:\Users\jmcgo\Downloads\OhGodAnETHlargementPill-master>start OhGodAnETHlargementPill-r2 --revA 0,1

It opens the window saying my guys are being served but no change in hashrate on Claymore.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
First I want to thank the authors for this great tool and for their giving spirit to help the community. I would encourage everyone to donate some or all of their first week or two's increased profits to the developers to promote such releases in the future.

Secondly, I want to add my voice that this tool does indeed work as advertised. I have been running it now on my 1080TI rigs for the past 4 days and can verify that not only does it increase the hashrate as shown in the miner, but also increases the shares submitted to the pool.

My first test of this software was on a smaller 4x1080TI rig I have and the rig's poolside shares went from ~150 per hour on the Ethermine pool to around 190 per hour after using the enlargement tool. This corresponds pretty closely with the rig hashrate going from 140 MH/s to 200 MH/s, or the difference of going from around 35MH/s to 50MH/s per 1080TI.

After having switched my remaining 1080TI rigs over they all displayed similar results, with cards running from 49 to 52 MH/s and increased share count pool-side.

Myself I think some of the haters and disbelievers may have other agendas at play and they get mad when people release such helpful tools to the community, especially for free. I hope the people who are taking advantage of the increased performance of this tool can realize this and not only help cast light on the trolls for what they are, but also to recognize that a small donation will help to promote this type of software in the future.

If you do not choose to donate, realize if that becomes the prevalent attitude, in time the only software available to the public will be either with developer fees, costing you a lot more in the long run than a donation would, or remain in private hands of the big farmers everyone claims to so despise.

Once again to the developers, thank you for this great software as I for one appreciate it.

Well said, :claps:
Pages:
Jump to: