Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 1Broker.com - Trade forex, indices, stocks and commodities - page 27. (Read 103052 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Are trailing stops going to be an option at some point?
Yes, although I don's see it happen in the near future.
how do you hedge the volatility of the value of bitcoin deposits?  

example: i deposit 1 bitcoin at a current value of $200.  how do i maintain $200 worth of purchasing power in my account?  

if bitcoin value drops to $100/btc while i am in a position at 1broker that would significantly affect my margin call ratios, would it not?

All markets are settled in Bitcoin, so bitcoin price fluctuations are not affecting your trades.

are none of you guys concerned that the purchasing power (measured in fiat) of your account is not hedged?
There are dozens of brokers which accept Bitcoin deposits and convert it to fiat. (and thousands of (Forex) brokers which accept fiat directly)
1Broker aims for traders who are long-term Bitcoin holders and want to participate in global markets.

If you are worried about purchasing power measured in fiat and see Bitcoin as "yet another volatile asset", trading on 1Broker is the wrong choice.

best regards!

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
are none of you guys concerned that the purchasing power (measured in fiat) of your account is not hedged?

what's the point of trading eurusd pairs when bitcoin's value drops 20% while ur trading?

gee let's go trade and profit on CFDs and ignore the fact that value of the btc collateral in the account can swing easily 10% in a day

WTF?

Well for me the 200x leverage is ideal for me. That kind of leverage is limited to 50x in the US FX exchanges. And then I pretty much convert most to fiat.
Activity: 157

what's the point of trading eurusd pairs when bitcoin's value drops 20% while ur trading?

gee let's go trade and profit on CFDs and ignore the fact that value of the btc collateral in the account can swing easily 10% in a day

WTF?
Well look at that  Grin

Just watched a couple of youtube videos that explained trailing stops and it sounds like a must have option.  Smiley

Yeah that would be a great tool. I do it manually as price improves in my favor.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Just watched a couple of youtube videos that explained trailing stops and it sounds like a must have option.  Smiley
Activity: 109
Are trailing stops going to be an option at some point?
i just registered with your site and have not made any trades yet.

do you offer stop loss features on positions?  (i dont see it)

example: i deposit 1 bitcoin at a current value of $200.  how do i maintain $200 worth of purchasing power in my account? 

if bitcoin value drops to $100/btc while i am in a position at 1broker that would significantly affect my margin call ratios, would it not?

Once the order is placed then there are stop loss and take profit options.

I believe that the margin wont adjust once in open position. That only happens when paired with BTC itself rather then the pip spread with forex.
Activity: 157
i just registered with your site and have not made any trades yet.

do you offer stop loss features on positions?  (i dont see it)

example: i deposit 1 bitcoin at a current value of $200.  how do i maintain $200 worth of purchasing power in my account? 

Have you ever considered adding more forex pairs? USDAUD, etc

OIL futures would great as well!
@Pizipie: A very good chance Smiley
@bobcaticus: Thanks! Glad you like it. Yep, we are working on a trading-hour info system.
@coin8091: We will release a quite simple API soon (focusing on market data). Once we have some experience here, we will implement a complete trading API. (most likely using HTTPS/JSON)

best regards.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
@1broker
do you have APIs to automate the process of order submission from client side?
A simple https requests should be good enough.
Activity: 553
great site, just signed up!

PROTIP: have a popup or something that tells users that FOREX closes for the weekend.
 It took me about 30 minutes to figure out why the trades weren't working and now I have one stuck in limbo.
legendary
Activity: 971
Merit: 1000
Hey, just wanted to say this is a great site! Thanks for setting this up. Any chance of future markets being added?
Did you take a big hit with that Swiss drop?
Yes, we suffered from this extreme volatility, too. However, since we have only a few traders on USD/CHF the damage was negligible.

Interesting to see big players like Alpari UK to get knocked out of business, because of this.
I get it , Thanks Smiley

Did you take a big hit with that Swiss drop?
Say for example USD/CAD is at 1.19 and you wish to open an order when it drops too 1.18 do you use Limit or Stop Entry?

Huh
If you want to open a long position at 1.18 use a limit order with the parameter 1.18001.
If you want to open a short position at 1.18 use a Stop-Entry order with the parameter 1.18001.

Say for example USD/CAD is at 1.19 and you wish to open an order when it drops too 1.18 do you use Limit or Stop Entry?

Huh
You have to make small updates in order modify sheet. When you click and open order sheet, your profit/loss are not changing even market is moving. So if marked was mowed, you have to close order sheet to see current profit/loss. Its horrible.
This feature is now implemented. Hope you like it.

best regards!
Pages:
Jump to: