Author

Topic: [ANN] AIDEN | 1st to use sCrypt-OG (GPU Optimized) [v0.10.2.2 Released 7/10/15] - page 137. (Read 235405 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
which special sgminer version should i use if mining this coin?

ive been using the one from sgminerwindows.com
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
which special sgminer version should i use if mining this coin?
legendary
Franko is Freedom
does sgminer work with nvidia?

if not how do i mine this?
with cudaminer you need to use --algo scrypt:64  and run the autotune feature to get a proper config

added your tip to the op ty
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

with cudaminer you need to use --algo scrypt:64  and run the autotune feature to get a proper config
legendary
Franko is Freedom
I can post settings for any card...lol

Just use a proper miner like yacminer 3.5 and off you go.

Question: what's that bunch of code ghostlander posted? :/
If you have something for the 290x (or just the basic setup with yacminer to work on that scrypt:64)
Is there a benchmark mode ?

I just mine to test...

Use the regular scrypt flags, and select n factor 6.

Something like this:

yacminer --scrypt --nfmin 6 --nfmax 6 -R 11264 -g 1 --buffer-size 3600 --lookup-gap 1 --worksize 256 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1375 --temp-cutoff 95 --gpu-fan 100 --auto-gpu --temp-target 85 --temp-overheat 90

You can also try -g 2 and see how it goes...

Yea that should work fine.
legendary
Franko is Freedom

I'm not certain about nvidia because I dont currently own any nvidia cards. Is there a cuda miner for scrypt-n?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I can post settings for any card...lol

Just use a proper miner like yacminer 3.5 and off you go.

Question: what's that bunch of code ghostlander posted? :/
If you have something for the 290x (or just the basic setup with yacminer to work on that scrypt:64)
Is there a benchmark mode ?

I just mine to test...

Use the regular scrypt flags, and select n factor 6.

Something like this:

yacminer --scrypt --nfmin 6 --nfmax 6 -R 11264 -g 1 --buffer-size 3600 --lookup-gap 1 --worksize 256 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1375 --temp-cutoff 95 --gpu-fan 100 --auto-gpu --temp-target 85 --temp-overheat 90

You can also try -g 2 and see how it goes...
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

legendary
Franko is Freedom
But this isnt sha3 or blake256, this is scrypt-nfactor-6

or like ghostlander would say.

Its N=5+1

Both new Algos which where worth mining when the came out fresh.
Your "scrypt-ng" or "scrypt-n6" or whatever you want to call it is NOT new.

Just changing a variable does not make it unique in any way.

Vertcoin also "just" changed the n-Factor. But they have a purpose behind this change.
That is another thing your are lacking!

There is a purpose behind the change, to make scrypt hash better for gpu's. Smiley

Changing memory requirements on scrypt to meet certain needs is not new, you are correct. I admit using scrypt with default settings isnt terribly innovative.. considering no one else has done it. YAC however did have nfactor 6 mining for some time though, but it wasnt a fixed n parameter like with Aiden. You can either mine it or dont. The options are pretty binary for you right now lol.

In which way exactly does your change make scrypt hash better for gpu's? All your arguments so far got ripped to pieces within minutes.

Scrypt-Jane does not change the N-Factor of Scrypt. As inventor of a new algo you should know that.

I just hope not as many people get fucked with this shitty coin then with Frankocoin. Seeing what a simple minded dev is behind all this crap i am glad i will never mine of of this shitcoin.

I'm sorry you feel this way. I hope you have a great day!
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Activity: 239
Merit: 103

Its N=5+1

Vertcoin also "just" changed the n-Factor. But they have a purpose behind this change.

There is a purpose behind the change, to make scrypt hash better for gpu's. Smiley

Changing memory requirements on scrypt to meet certain needs is not new, you are correct. I admit using scrypt with default settings isnt terribly innovative.. considering no one else has done it. YAC however did have nfactor 6 mining for some time though, but it wasnt a fixed n parameter like with Aiden. You can either mine it or dont. The options are pretty binary for you right now lol.

In which way exactly does your change make scrypt hash better for gpu's? All your arguments so far got ripped to pieces within minutes.

Scrypt-Jane does not change the N-Factor of Scrypt. As inventor of a new algo you should know that.

I just hope not as many people get fucked with this shitty coin then with Frankocoin. Seeing what a simple minded dev is behind all this crap i am glad i will never mine of of this shitcoin.

legendary
Franko is Freedom
.025 btc bounty for the first person to PM me step by step instructions (pre-launch) on how to solo mine with 280x's.  (not familiar with sgminer/nfactor)

Hey buddy my bat file looks like this

Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
del *.bin
Color 0A
sgminer

This is my config file for 270x's

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://192.168.1.125:4560",
"user" : "gooduser",
"pass" : "badpassword"
}
]
"intensity" : "19",
"nfactor" : "6",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "24000",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "900",
"gpu-fan" : "30-90",
"gpu-memclock" : "1200",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"expiry" : "10",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "7",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"no-client-reconnect" : true
}

legendary
Franko is Freedom

Its N=5+1

Its N=5+1

Your "scrypt-og" or "scrypt-n6" or whatever you want to call it is NOT new.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
.025 btc bounty for the first person to PM me step by step instructions (pre-launch) on how to solo mine with 280x's.  (not familiar with sgminer/nfactor)

Claimed.
legendary
Franko is Freedom

Its N=5+1
legendary
Franko is Freedom

Higher hashrate, more security.

If you were to evenly match the cost of hashrates between Aiden, litecoin, and vertcoin
It would take less energy and heat to create 1 mh with aiden then it would the other two.

Huh Huh Huh

Do you really want to compare Hashrate between different Algos and then say the faster one is more secure

What a fking joke. Why not go SHA3 then its much faster then any Scrypt Algos...

Negating your only viable point that your coin separates from other Copycoins there is no reason to mine this shit.

I like blake256 AND sha3. Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

If you were to evenly match the cost of hashrates between Aiden, litecoin, and vertcoin
It would take less energy and heat to create 1 mh with aiden then it would the other two.

Huh Huh Huh

Do you really want to compare Hashrate between different Algos and then say the faster one is more secure

What a fking joke. Why not go SHA3 then its much faster then any Scrypt Algos...

Negating your only viable point that your coin separates from other Copycoins there is no reason to mine this shit.

Why not go blake256 which is 3x faster than sha256?

Huh Huh Huh

Jump to: