Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 47. (Read 137265 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 21, 2014, 12:21:11 AM
Thanks for the pool while it lasted crtlaltdefeated. I know how it is to work a full time job on top of part time crypto trading/mining.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
March 21, 2014, 12:15:47 AM

Hey guys I've been mining at air.ctrlaltdefeated and this message just popped up so i figured i would let every one know about it. "Probably going to shut this pool down today instead of upgrading to the new wallet. If you guys would please start withdrawing your coins so that I don't need to manually pay everyone out it would be appreciated."

ffs seriously @ctrlaltdefeated ?

you suck!

Just signed up and started mining on Carbonshark and Cryptopool no problems and they have a lower hashrate so are good choices to spread the hash out more evenly.

I won't be using any ctrlaltdefeated pools again, it sounded like a hissy fit.

Wow thats a bit unwarranted. Both you guys have had 0 fee's for as long as the pool has been around. I've just started a second job and don't have time to maintain pools any longer. If one of the miners hadn't brought the wallet update to my attention I likely wouldn't have even known and we probably would have forked. Would you have preffered that happen instead? Air is the only one of my pools that has any hashrate at all and taking a look at my server cost it was fast becoming an expensive hobby. It should be noted that out of the 9 miners left on my pool only 5 of them are paying fee's and its been that way for weeks now. I'm not a bussiness and I cannot afford to run at a cost.

As far as a "mature" response goes, There's not a whole lot I can fit into that small message box that gets the point across and doesn't make me sound like an asshole.

Thanks for the appreciation though.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
March 20, 2014, 11:50:53 PM
+1 carbonshark has been very stable and secure.

I thank you for the compliment.

We did have a small issue with a DDOS attack on the 18th. We were on it quickly.
legendary
Activity: 938
March 20, 2014, 11:43:07 PM
+1 carbonshark has been very stable and secure.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
March 20, 2014, 10:48:42 PM

Hey guys I've been mining at air.ctrlaltdefeated and this message just popped up so i figured i would let every one know about it. "Probably going to shut this pool down today instead of upgrading to the new wallet. If you guys would please start withdrawing your coins so that I don't need to manually pay everyone out it would be appreciated."

you suck!

Just signed up and started mining on Carbonshark and Cryptopool no problems and they have a lower hashrate so are good choices to spread the hash out more evenly.

Glad to have you on-board... Carbon Shark Admin
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 20, 2014, 10:28:41 PM
I would, but I fear it would just invite trolls here getting their own back for opinions I may have expressed elsewhere  Wink

Tongue Make a new profile.. A calmer one. Tongue
Activity: 658
March 20, 2014, 10:23:28 PM
Don't forget to show your support... (Not with spamming in troll-boxes. Actual support.)

Add this line to your signature, if it is not already filled with useless support things that don't actually support you...
Code:
[b][url=https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-aircoin-476383]AIRcoin[/url]: A coin built with long-term market stability and investment in mind.[/b]
Take all the AIR you need, there will be enough for everyone to use. Traded at [url=https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_air]Poloniex Exchange[/url].
Though, supplies are limited at the moment. Invest wisely, AIR is worth holding.

If you are not sure where to find your signature editing area...
Here is the link: Forum Profile

It will look like this when you add it to your profile signature.
AIRcoin: A coin built with long-term market stability and investment in mind.
Take all the AIR you need, there will be enough for everyone to use. Traded at Poloniex Exchange.
Though, supplies are limited at the moment. Invest wisely, AIR is worth holding.

I would, but I fear it would just invite trolls here getting their own back for opinions I may have expressed elsewhere  Wink
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 20, 2014, 09:58:36 PM

you suck!

yeah not the mature response i woulda preferred lol, i'll be swapping pools in a few hours when i finish work...
Activity: 658
March 20, 2014, 09:09:26 PM

you suck!

Activity: 98
March 20, 2014, 08:36:10 PM
Activity: 70
AIRcoin Alexander
March 20, 2014, 07:40:18 PM
We have made the decision to delay the wallet update to be more fair to Pool operators. It was sudden and rushed, so to smooth things out and be more fair, we will release the wallet late tomorrow rather than in the next few hours. This gives a guaranteed 24 hours of time between our announcement and the release for everyone to be prepared for.

The last thing we want is for pool operators to be squeezed out because of the effect of inflation.

If anyone has concerns about the new block reward, please post them so we can discuss it and improve how we update the wallet.
Activity: 70
AIRcoin Alexander
March 20, 2014, 07:31:10 PM
I don't know how many times has been said in this forum that AIR is a long term coin.
Aircoin can only be alongterm coin if the model can work as the pool grows.
I think it is questionable they will be able to continue to benefit from market inefficiencies to anywhere near the same extent as the pool grows.
So that will mean they will be some kind of Index fund, IIUC, holding a basket of crypto coins. However they still have to pay expenses out of the pool too.
There is no clear plan released how this is achievable, and to get serious investors on board, I think they'd need to explain just how it will work a bit more thoroughly

An index is one possibility, but high frequency trading on other altcoins is a far more lucrative one (with greater gains but far less risk) that will sustain the pool. Index investments however, serve their own important purpose in the Altcoin world. It's one of our next major advances we're experimenting with, and once AIRcoin is a bit more fine-tuned, we'll work on progress on that front.
legendary
Activity: 1190
March 20, 2014, 07:12:29 PM
I don't know how many times has been said in this forum that AIR is a long term coin.
Aircoin can only be alongterm coin if the model can work as the pool grows.
I think it is questionable they will be able to continue to benefit from market inefficiencies to anywhere near the same extent as the pool grows.
So that will mean they will be some kind of Index fund, IIUC, holding a basket of crypto coins. However they still have to pay expenses out of the pool too.
There is no clear plan released how this is achievable, and to get serious investors on board, I think they'd need to explain just how it will work a bit more thoroughly
Activity: 82
March 20, 2014, 06:51:08 PM
Purchased another .5 btc worth before the update sets in. So far my two coins that I trust investing in is AIR and blackcoin. Now if only that securecoin would go up in value so I can cash in. It's either that or take a loss on it.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
March 20, 2014, 04:53:31 PM
The ladies just want me for my aircoins.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 20, 2014, 03:59:57 PM

I'm starting to remember why i divorced from my ex-wife  Grin

She wanted you to dump your crypto's cheap? If that's the case you did the right thing mate. Fucking Crypto-Diggers Tongue
Activity: 644
March 20, 2014, 03:58:41 PM
Dear DEV,

i have note you public words to all community and to the entire world of cryptos:

AIRCOIN:
If it's any consolation, that gives you ~12-24 hours before the exchange rate will begin rising during which you can stockpile AIR at a cheaper price.

Started:
March 18 at 0,00189
Now:
March 20 at 0,00144

e will see next 12-24 hours what's happen.

Honestly i don´t know what is possible to tell you that will make you STOP all this constant  bitching about how you are losing money and the DEV´s can´t keep to their promises  and bla, bla, bla.

LOL!   I know. AIR is a long term coin. Just kidding!
Take it easy.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
March 20, 2014, 03:46:37 PM
Dear DEV,

i have note you public words to all community and to the entire world of cryptos:

AIRCOIN:
If it's any consolation, that gives you ~12-24 hours before the exchange rate will begin rising during which you can stockpile AIR at a cheaper price.

Started:
March 18 at 0,00189
Now:
March 20 at 0,00144

e will see next 12-24 hours what's happen.

Honestly i don´t know what is possible to tell you that will make you STOP all this constant  bitching about how you are losing money and the DEV´s can´t keep to their promises  and bla, bla, bla.

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
March 20, 2014, 03:36:54 PM
Thanks for selling me your cheap coins Smiley

LoL
Activity: 644
March 20, 2014, 03:36:16 PM
Dear DEV,

AIRCOIN:

Started:
March 18 at 0,00189
Now:
March 20 at 0,00144

We will see next 12-24 hours what's happen.

Pages:
Jump to: