Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 49. (Read 137265 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
March 20, 2014, 08:03:57 AM

If you PAID to much for the coins you hold, you should think about buying more. (Sounds nuts right...)
You need to buy more at a lower price, duh! Especially when you see it lower than normal. (Bonus if you do the above suggestion.)

Why? Because buying 100 at $1.25 per coin, then buying 100 more at $0.75 on a decent dump... Your "price paid" for the 200 is only $1.00 each. You can now sell those for less of a loss, or for a gain, if the price rises to $1.00-$1.25 and never rises past that point. Otherwise you would have just lost, holding that 100 coins. (Ok, you need to compensate for trade-fees, but you get the idea.)

P.S. If you only have enough to buy 100 coins, never buy more than 1-10 coins at a time. If the price falls more, buy some more. You just lowered your cost per coin. (Um, if it is perpetually falling, take a loss and sell. Catch it at the bottom. Don't hold it all the way down.)
No, you should sell out, square up, clear you mind and then decide.
Doubling up can work, but it's twice as bad if it doesn't work.
There will be lot's of other opportunities.
legendary
March 20, 2014, 07:55:17 AM
this doesnt make any sense people are trusting traders? Does anyone here know that wall street cant even beat the dart board? Why would I want someone to invest for me?
It will work for them in the short term, but will stop working as anyone can do what they are doing IMHO. And more and more people have the same idea.
I encourage TeamAir to experiment and I'm glad they are doing so. I wish more and more people would do what they are. Experiment with crypto's. Try different ideas!
I don't think anyone "knows" what the crypto landscape will be in 12 months time.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
March 20, 2014, 07:20:26 AM
oh no why scrypt, dev should assume that scrypt-coin will be future dead, atleast use scrypt-n even better your own algorithm, or hefty1
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 20, 2014, 06:59:18 AM
Ok, investment tip of the day...

Tongue

You notice the people cashing-out are hitting about 2000 AIR at a time, roughly...

Move the bulk of your buy-orders around that point, wherever it is. That is how you "catch" the "dump".

Don't re-list those orders if you catch them. (Not right away.) Save a few BTC to buy the top-listed "Sell-order". (You can afford it, and that helps to restore the price back UP, so you can LATER sell SOME of those captured coins for a better deal. If you list them right away, as a Sell-order, you scare everyone away, making it take longer. Everyone will just list below your giant wall.)

Another tip...

On the reverse side... You see people buying up to 500 AIR at a "pump" or "investment purchase"... Move your sell-orders to that point, wherever that is. That is how you "catch" that "pump".

Another tip...

If you PAID to much for the coins you hold, you should think about buying more. (Sounds nuts right...)
You need to buy more at a lower price, duh! Especially when you see it lower than normal. (Bonus if you do the above suggestion.)

Why? Because buying 100 at $1.25 per coin, then buying 100 more at $0.75 on a decent dump... Your "price paid" for the 200 is only $1.00 each. You can now sell those for less of a loss, or for a gain, if the price rises to $1.00-$1.25 and never rises past that point. Otherwise you would have just lost, holding that 100 coins. (Ok, you need to compensate for trade-fees, but you get the idea.)

P.S. If you only have enough to buy 100 coins, never buy more than 1-10 coins at a time. If the price falls more, buy some more. You just lowered your cost per coin. (Um, if it is perpetually falling, take a loss and sell. Catch it at the bottom. Don't hold it all the way down.)

P.P.S. This is not a day-trade coin. (Not yet) If you think the price is too low to mine, duh, then buy it! If you think the price is too high, duh, then sell it! Be careful what you wish for. If the value rises enough to "support you", 10,000 others will see that too, and come to mine it. You will be complaining 10,000 times as much then. Unless you held your coins the whole time. Oh yea, you cashed out, to "be supported". Miner fail.

P.P.P.S. Don't list all your coins where someone can snipe them up, if you never intended to sell them. (Or where they would scare any value away from the listing market of buyers.) List them at crazy prices way above, or if buying with BTC you list them at crazy prices way below. That shows the total available potential coins to buy/sell without screwing with your values. That, or just snipe-up good deals. That annoys bot-traders... They never see you coming! Tongue

P.P.P.P.S. Practice destroying other coins, not the coins you intend to support, that can easily support you in the future. There are plenty of other coins to destroy, that need to die-off. lol. This one needs to grow. Sip the wine, don't chug it... it may be poisoned!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bored
March 20, 2014, 06:32:50 AM
nah it's not that, ASIC's have barely been designed let alone built...
Lolwut, Gridseed are sold like candies now...
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 20, 2014, 04:52:44 AM
Moved up 3 places on coinmarketcap...#20 now.

Scrypt ASICS aren't likely to be a problem for 2014 so there's time for other solutions to appear. No rush to convert to scrypt-n.

I believe that scryptASICs are already mining. Look at profitability on coinwarz.com   Rigs with performance 2-3 MHs hardly pay for electricity spent. If you buy bigger rig now, you will hardly see ROI. There is only one explanation - scryptASICS are being "tested" by producers or distributors before releasing to public.

So graphic card based miners will move to scrypt-n or something similar (see vertcoin difficulty and price rising now). I am not sure, what it will make with profitability of mining these coins, but I am sure scrypt coins will be very soon dead (maybe except few biggest). Because when miners will move from currency, traders will follow them.

Aircoin has strong dev team, I believe they will be able to respond to this challenge, but it should be done ASAP, to do not miss the train.  (and they should solve also KGW problem at the same time. The adjustment is too slow giving space for speculators.)

I am still mining Aircoin, because I invested into it. Maybe it is not the most profitable to mine it, but I do not care whether I earn 2$ or 3$ daily. The difference is to small between coins. Pointing a rig towards specific coin has become practical declaration of its support, not "quick-earn-a-lot" business (as it was ment in the begining of all this cryptofun)

nah it's not that, ASIC's have barely been designed let alone built... i've been closely watching altcoins for a while now, it's definitely forces other than ASIC's causing these price drops... multipools are the biggest cause.

and the KGW problem is solved (the problem wasn't JUST the adjust period, it's the whole time warp exploit it enables) - both Dark Gravity Wave and Digishield are better than KGW in .. well, every way.
Activity: 504
March 20, 2014, 04:43:53 AM
Why would you expect the devs to stop some idiot from selling his coins for less? (Which is giving us discounted coins.)

Know the difference between a crash and a cash-out.

Want the value to rise, buy some coins.
Want your coins to sell, lower the price you are asking for them.

It isn't the devs job to buy your debt. Stability isn't "Support me by buying my coins". Stability is LIMITING damage from false pumps and using those holdings for AIDING the restoration after a "Cash-out"... Nothing can stop a cash-out from happening. Those people who were smart enough to list BUYS at those lows, just got a killer discount on coins. (Try it, it is called hedging losses. Every coin you buy lower, allows you to sell your higher coins for less at no loss, and even for gains.)

The coin has not even been on the exchange a whole week, and already it is strong and stable. A few more weeks of this, and we are past the biggest hurdle. "False pumps with no volume value". (That is what leaves everyone as a bag-holder, unless they take action to cut losses.)

They know what they are doing.

So do I. (You will see my buy and sell catches all over the chart now. End-limit resistance that, if taken advantage of, rewards us. Since I am here, at the moment, protecting my investment. Which, involves aiding in the protection of your investment. This is not a job-coin, don't expect it to be treated as one. Getting more BTC soon... But it is not my job to pay you for your work. If you were actually working, I would pay you.)
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
March 20, 2014, 04:34:17 AM

Scrypt ASICS aren't likely to be a problem for 2014 so there's time for other solutions to appear. No rush to convert to scrypt-n.

+1
Activity: 92
March 20, 2014, 04:23:44 AM
We have released a paper about the trading system and how it works.

You can read the paper here: Transparency Release.

I appreciate issuing the paper about your trading system, but transparency is something different.

You describe how you have earned coins into "investment pool".  I like it and I like that you are buying aircoin more than selling ATM. It means that you as investors believe it will go higher. Nice.

But real transparency is when we know, who are you. Who are the people who have access to premined coins? More we know about you more trust you get.

What is aircoin wallet address of investment pool? Is there some system who can access it and how much can be taken out from there? If you mean it seriously, you should have some independent body which overlooks people having access to premined coins and also clear rules.

This is transparency!

Till then, most of the people invest into this coin only a little, just to try and see - it is highly risky investment, nothing for big fish. I am in, I am supporting it, but...

Activity: 70
AIRcoin Alexander
March 20, 2014, 03:46:36 AM
We have released a paper about the trading system and how it works.

You can read the paper here: Transparency Release.

While it may go overlooked, before blaming us, you should read the transparency release that we just made. It should explain the entire system in full with explicit data behind it. The dump was not us. As the release states, we were (and still are) AIR positive, meaning that the system has bought more AIRcoins than it has sold.

It is very apparent that two things are happening:

1. Sellers are acting non-optimally (not getting their full amount of money) out of an important need to sell our coin, and are not aware of their actions.
2. Sellers are deliberately attempting to lower the price.

As the dump was timed both with our Transparency Release (something that would, normally, encourage individuals to buy) and with the listing on Coinmarketcap, number 2 seems to be a more and more likely scenario. At the end, though, this is economic warfare. If individuals are not benevolently testing us, then it means that someone doesn't agree with the idealogy of our coin, and is definitely willing to pay time, energy, and BTC in order to see it fail. When it comes to economic warfare, we understand the terms of engagement considerably, and right now we are fighting a long campaign with a few new technologies not held in the cryptocurrency world.

2 things will solve this problem immediately. One is a higher volume, the other is a higher investment pool. That dump increased the value of the investment pool, at current prices, by .1 BTC. I want to stress that: whomever dumped the coin just now missed out on .1 BTC worth of value, that is now in the investment pool. We made 0.1 BTC instantly from your dump. If our listing on coinmarketcap.com causes a price increase, then we will have made even more from the dump.

When coins are sold in mass volume, the low prices they reach increases the value of the investment pool. In other words, people's dumping gives us more BTC to support the coin with long term. The system is still young and has to grow,

You should not expect the exchange rate to constantly rise, and definitely not expect it to rise until the equilibrium we have explained (both in the release and previous posts) has been reached. That doesn't mean it won't, but if we assured everyone that the rate would rise when these factors were not in equilibrium we would be in a violation of conduct against our own ideology. We want users of AIRcoin to be economically savvy and effective, not followers of blind faith. You can not only still make money in a downward market (again, consider that the pool has made over 2 BTC already since launch) but you can definitely promote the coin to other venues by spreading the word about it and generating the large volume that will be able to help sustain these dumps.
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
March 20, 2014, 03:27:42 AM
this doesnt make any sense people are trusting traders? Does anyone here know that wall street cant even beat the dart board? Why would I want someone to invest for me? Thats stupid. This does not appeal to the type of people that use crypto. Even if it succeeds it makes no sense to me. They are so scared of putting it on another exchange? What does that tell you. It means that the coin can easily crash once it gets out of their hands. Besides would this not make the creates of this coin unfairly rich? Huh
Activity: 92
March 20, 2014, 03:23:55 AM

I believe that scryptASICs are already mining. Look at profitability on coinwarz.com   Rigs with performance 2-3 MHs hardly pay for electricity spent. If you buy bigger rig now, you will hardly see ROI. There is only one explanation - scryptASICS are being "tested" by producers or distributors before releasing to public.

So graphic card based miners will move to scrypt-n or something similar (see vertcoin difficulty and price rising now). I am not sure, what it will make with profitability of mining these coins, but I am sure scrypt coins will be very soon dead (maybe except few biggest). Because when miners will move from currency, traders will follow them.

Aircoin has strong dev team, I believe they will be able to respond to this challenge, but it should be done ASAP, to do not miss the train.  (and they should solve also KGW problem at the same time. The adjustment is too slow giving space for speculators.)

I am still mining Aircoin, because I invested into it. Maybe it is not the most profitable to mine it, but I do not care whether I earn 2$ or 3$ daily. The difference is to small between coins. Pointing a rig towards specific coin has become practical declaration of its support, not "quick-earn-a-lot" business (as it was ment in the begining of all this cryptofun)

legendary
March 20, 2014, 03:12:04 AM
If Teamair sell us premine and get our BTC, and then make more BTC. How does the buyer of AIR beneift? What does Teamair do with the BTC they make if the pool grows?

Can someone from AIR give a simple explanation, jjust so there is no misunderstanding.

Thank you
March 20, 2014, 03:01:15 AM

http://coinjoint.info/scrypt-asics/

says as early as Q2 2014 for some pretty effective ones, and Q2-Q3 for a serious 'GPU destroyer'

i'd hope that air would try to be ASIC resistant

otherwise, why by Scrypt? just go SHA-2 if you don't mind ASIC's Tongue

That article puts the first units shipping around Q3 and then goes on to state that GPU mining will still be profitable. Sure it could be a problem if all the early investors point all their ASIC's at a single coin but thats fairly unlikely and its probably a boon to all those that already hold some coins.

yah it'll be profitable still.. but it will be 5x as profitable to sell the GPU rig and but an ASIC Wink

seriously, in theory, i could sell all my rigs, buy that 100MH ASIC.. and, well, get 10x the hash rate for what.. MAYBE the same the power?

how does that work with 'GPU mining will still be profitable'.. we're talking TEN TIMES as efficient.

ED: it uses a standard ATX power supply it says, which to me means one.. which to me indicates no more than what.. 1500w tops?... that's 20 times as efficient then, with about 5x better $/KH.
Activity: 644
March 20, 2014, 02:57:50 AM
It's nice.....we have to wait to see them rising,but so quick to see them dumped.

Cool.

Dev need to put in some btc and buy order till the price they want. 0.03-0.04.

In this case the price will rising and became stable.

I hope.....

That's another crypto till now that nothing bring me to say "WOW".
Like ultracoin....so much pumped from media....so great potential in it,scrypt-jane,buy and wait.

Day one in market 0.59 usd each....Dev say to buy it now and wait some....price have to encrease....blabla...and after 2 months price is stable,yes,at 0.14 usd each.

Buyed at day one and still waiting to cover my lose after 2 months.

With most cryptos seems to be in the movie "THE WOLF OF WALL STREET" with leonardo di caprio.

Just joking man, have a good day and hope this day we see finally a good encrease quote.
It has to be after 4 days of down.

Or what dev will write in the first "weekly report" about stability of aircoin?

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 20, 2014, 02:53:43 AM

says as early as Q2 2014 for some pretty effective ones, and Q2-Q3 for a serious 'GPU destroyer'

That article puts the first units shipping around Q3 and then goes on to state that GPU mining will still be profitable. Sure it could be a problem if all the early investors point all their ASIC's at a single coin but thats fairly unlikely and its probably a boon to all those that already hold some coins.
March 20, 2014, 02:40:38 AM

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 20, 2014, 02:30:04 AM

March 20, 2014, 02:17:55 AM
Activity: 532
March 20, 2014, 02:17:21 AM

Hi, people.. who can help me to know how legit AIrcoin to trade?
please give some Aircoin...
I don't know how to mining....

AXcBYYbaGuxAntk3fUs8jAbH2uiakXZ3YJ
you don't know how to mining? do you know how to buying? cause you certainly know how to begging.
Pages:
Jump to: