Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 68. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 297
Merit: 250
March 15, 2014, 04:55:30 AM
People should know, when this coin gets enough attention all the pools are going to get ddos-ed. Make sure you have at least 3-4 backup pools.

or... just too many miners pointing their Mhs the pools way all of a sudden?

All the easy mining is over now. Diff and reward to hard unless the price goes up.

A lot!
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
March 15, 2014, 04:50:45 AM
To the admin of okaypool, your pool is showing no blocks found for 4 hours.  Please check your cron jobs. Sorry if this has already been posted. Thanks.
Something is definitely very wrong. Blocks don't mature and payments are not working.

Change pool.

I got bad results like this from OKPool as well.

Had 14Mhs at them till i realised the coin count is way down!

All the other AIRcoin pool are giving the correct payouts or close IMHO.

People should know, when this coin gets enough attention all the pools are going to get ddos-ed. Make sure you have at least 3-4 backup pools.

Edit: Also, many pools have backend IP allowing to mine if the main stratum is down. Just ask around and make sure you include it in your config.
Activity: 364
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
March 15, 2014, 04:48:06 AM
Here are some statistics from our launch:

25 BTC Volume in the first 6 hours. AIRcoin alone provides 13% of Poloniex's total volume.

AIRcoin's market capitalization is (at this post, .00202 BTC/AIR, 640 BTC/USD) $3,225,865.09 making it the 19th largest Cryptocoin by market capitalization.

There are currently 153 BTC worth of AIR ($97,925.26) in circulation that is not part of the original premine. We estimate that about 30% of that is being actively traded, based on the trade volume and size of deposits on Poloniex.

Deposits from AIRcoin wallets to Poloniex (from our tests) take an average near 15 minutes to be able to trade.

Thanks to our market making algorithms, the spread has remained near 3% through most of the trading period, allowing quick sales. This is one reason for the high volume.

Code:
Est Next Difficulty 	27.50500303 (Change in 1809 Blocks)

My prediction is price will hit 0.05 in the next week. Don't sell too early and regret.

You are quite correct. Until the price reaches 0.005 BTC/AIR, it will remains "cheaper" to buy AIR and mine other coins at a lower difficulty. Hashrates have been consistently over 850 MH/S all night during the launch. We, unfortunately, have been close, but have not yet broken 1 Gigahash. However, we are at 953 MH/S, so it is possible that we may yet still breach it within the next 6 hours.

It's gonna show up close to the top and suddenly be worth from 3 to 4 million. Buying craze ensues like Aurora.

12 days ago I told everyone about it but no one listened. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5487538 Smiley
March 15, 2014, 04:42:16 AM
To the admin of okaypool, your pool is showing no blocks found for 4 hours.  Please check your cron jobs. Sorry if this has already been posted. Thanks.
Something is definitely very wrong. Blocks don't mature and payments are not working.

Change pool.

I got bad results like this from OKPool as well.

Had 14Mhs at them till i realised the coin count is way down!

All the other AIRcoin pool are giving the correct payouts or close IMHO.
March 15, 2014, 04:15:46 AM
To the admin of okaypool, your pool is showing no blocks found for 4 hours.  Please check your cron jobs. Sorry if this has already been posted. Thanks.

if your shares get accepted, don't worry about it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 15, 2014, 04:10:01 AM
Activity: 532
March 15, 2014, 03:55:29 AM
Code:

My prediction is price will hit 0.05 in the next week. Don't sell too early and regret.

+1 on this.

Difficulty 17 and Net Hash about to hit 1Ghs.

Ohh the good old days of below 4 and only 250Mhs.

This coin is hard to mine now.

It has to go up in price, otherwise why mine?

We just broke 1000 Mh Net Hasrate. Difficulty of 27 is a lot better than difficulty of 1000. I got all my hashing power mining this coin.

Thanks for the support Moebius! It really is the community that has made this launch so successful. This is only the beginning for AIRcoin.

Moebius has got to be the biggest AIR holder - apart from the premine.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
March 15, 2014, 03:45:15 AM
Code:

+1 on this.

We just broke 1000 Mh Net Hasrate. Difficulty of 27 is a lot better than difficulty of 1000. I got all my hashing power mining this coin.

Thanks for the support Moebius! It really is the community that has made this launch so successful. This is only the beginning for AIRcoin.
March 15, 2014, 03:40:35 AM
Code:

+1 on this.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
March 15, 2014, 03:39:22 AM
999.098 MH/S on Block 20401, and, at last, 1.006 GH on block 20402!

On Block 20402, we just broke 1 GH of mining power. Difficulty is currently at 18.26, making AIR being mined at an opportunity price of .00615 BTC/AIR. Hashrates keep rising too, now at 1.01 GH.
March 15, 2014, 03:36:59 AM
Code:

+1 on this.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
March 15, 2014, 03:19:12 AM
March 15, 2014, 03:12:46 AM

25 BTC Volume in the first 6 hours. AIRcoin alone provides 13% of Poloniex's total volume.

AIRcoin's market capitalization is (at this post, .00202 BTC/AIR, 640 BTC/USD) $3,225,865.09 making it the 19th largest Cryptocoin by market capitalization.

There are currently 153 BTC worth of AIR ($97,925.26) in circulation that is not part of the original premine. We estimate that about 30% of that is being actively traded, based on the trade volume and size of deposits on Poloniex.

Deposits from AIRcoin wallets to Poloniex (from our tests) take an average near 15 minutes to be able to trade.

Thanks to our market making algorithms, the spread has remained near 3% through most of the trading period, allowing quick sales. This is one reason for the high volume.

Code:

You are quite correct. Until the price reaches 0.005 BTC/AIR, it will remains "cheaper" to buy AIR and mine other coins at a lower difficulty. Hashrates have been consistently over 850 MH/S all night during the launch. We, unfortunately, have been close, but have not yet broken 1 Gigahash. However, we are at 953 MH/S, so it is possible that we may yet still breach it within the next 6 hours.

It's gonna show up close to the top and suddenly be worth from 3 to 4 million. Buying craze ensues like Aurora.
AIRcoin Alexander
March 15, 2014, 02:58:21 AM

Code:

March 15, 2014, 02:53:28 AM
Code:

March 15, 2014, 02:47:03 AM
Hey Alexander - If the coin suddenly gets really popular and starts climbing the charts , will you be dumping on the market to stop it from growing more than a certain amount? Or will you adopt to the new rate and keep the coin at the new high exchange rate or something. Thanks.

We curb the rise in the rates, letting it continue to rise, by selling AIR. Once demand has stabilized at a new, higher price, the BTC we obtain from that is re-invested. Depending on how long it takes for the price to start coming back down (minutes, hours, weeks, etc.) our traders will grow that BTC volume. When the price starts falling, the system can buy back at a higher price determined by the gains on the trading. This means any pumps or dumps get "spread out" over long, long periods of time to prevent sudden rising or falling in the price.

In other words, yes, we adapt to new prices. A free market is usually very efficient, unless there are huge volatility or extremely low liquidity. We facilitate that, keeping the environment (The AIR Atmosphere? Perhaps?) friendly for traders and merchants rather than allowing it to exhibit the dramatic swings in prices that most coins have. It's in the best interest of the users to both protect themselves, and to protect the environment they are in. That's one of Bitcoin's primary flaws: while it has that sort of individual security, it has very little protection to its environment aside from its large trading volume, and as we all know, that can't stop it from rising or falling dramatically over 24 hours.

Hey thanks for the answer. Everything sounds reasonable.
AIRcoin Alexander
March 15, 2014, 02:44:26 AM
Hey Alexander - If the coin suddenly gets really popular and starts climbing the charts , will you be dumping on the market to stop it from growing more than a certain amount? Or will you adopt to the new rate and keep the coin at the new high exchange rate or something. Thanks.

We curb the rise in the rates, letting it continue to rise, by selling AIR, to slow the rate but not prevent (or worse, reverse) it. Once demand has stabilized at a new, higher price, the BTC we obtain from that is re-invested. Depending on how long it takes for the price to start coming back down (minutes, hours, weeks, etc.) our traders will grow that BTC volume. When the price starts falling, the system can buy back at a higher price determined by the gains on the trading. This means any pumps or dumps get "spread out" over long, long periods of time to prevent sudden rising or falling in the price. The longer it gets spread out, the greater the additional % rise on the final price will be.

In other words, yes, we adapt to new prices. A free market is usually very efficient, unless there are huge volatility or extremely low liquidity. We facilitate that, keeping the environment (The AIR Atmosphere? Perhaps?) friendly for traders and merchants rather than allowing it to exhibit the dramatic swings in prices that most coins have. It's in the best interest of the users to both protect themselves, and to protect the environment they are in. That's one of Bitcoin's primary flaws: while it has that sort of individual security, it has very little protection to its environment aside from its large trading volume, and as we all know, that can't stop it from rising or falling dramatically over 24 hours.
March 15, 2014, 02:41:49 AM
AIRcoin Alexander
March 15, 2014, 02:34:03 AM
Doesn't stack up IMHO.

1. Satoshi's original white paper makes the point that crypto coins cut out having to rely on a central authority. Yet with Aircoin we have to rely on an anonymous bunch of "economic experts".
2.We give them bitcoins
3.They fill the market with bots.

The only good point is that the concept allows a person to reduce risk by diversifying, but with Bitcoin already established I don't think I need that. And coins are so easy to buy and sell and commissions so low it's easy to diversify without the help off "expert traders", who are giving little and taking a lot

I'd like to ask a few questions to make sure I'm reading your post correctly. Do you believe that the system outlined in Satoshi's whitepaper (https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf , correct?) is economically sustainable? Or do you consider any form of decentralization beneficial by nature, regardless of the economic principles behind it? Do you find algorithmic trading itself, to be wrong, or just the use of it in Cryptocurrency? To be able to say what "should" or "shouldn't" be done, you need some goal, or some comparative metric.

While a peer-to-peer money transfer system is exciting technology, there's a lot of problems that prevent its widespread adoption, most of them outlined in the whitepaper for AIRcoin. (http://www.teamaircoin.org/whitepaper.pdf). A few notes before details,however; AIRcoin doesn't make other cryptocoins more centralized. It's concept is, in some ways, more centralized in that there is an accountable authority that helps protect the coin. It is an attempt at an economically viable means of transaction that can be both accepted and adopted beyond the relatively small hobbyist and speculative market that Bitcoin has.

Your questions are qualitative, as in, they deal with opinion and what you think "should" or "shouldn't" happen. If you take a minute and elaborate, tell us little more information about your opinions, it could explain why you have these concerns, then we can have a starting point for a good discussion.

So, would you mind speaking a bit more about it?

- Alexander
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
March 15, 2014, 02:26:12 AM
Glad to run into this by chance.
Probably one of the few altcoin released lately that deserve some praise.
What praise would you have for it?
Pages:
Jump to: