Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 71. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 102
March 14, 2014, 07:12:46 PM
I just checked - AIR market is open on Poloniex now.  No trades yet but the buys/sell orders are quickly filling up

It's started trading already :-)
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
March 14, 2014, 07:11:44 PM
We are in action .... Over 1 BTC and 500 AIR traded!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 14, 2014, 07:05:50 PM
I just checked - AIR market is open on Poloniex now.  No trades yet but the buys/sell orders are quickly filling up
March 14, 2014, 07:03:21 PM
Yes when is tonight as its 9.50am on Sat here  Tongue

Right NOW...I think
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
March 14, 2014, 07:00:10 PM
God damn it the suspense is killing me.
So the market will be allowed to find it's own price and TeamAIR will then support that price? so we won't see  huge walls set around the teams' calculated value?
Activity: 602
March 14, 2014, 06:57:35 PM
A note on trading,

The Opportunity Cost of AIRcoin

At any time, the value of a coin is determined by a number of factors. That said, the equilibrium price of a coin is determined by one factor above all the others: how hard it is to mine a single coin. If one knows the difficulty and the block reward for a coin at any given moment, then one can make an educated guess about what the coin is worth because that difficulty implicitly reveals what miners are paying for the coin.

This cost that miners are paying is known as the opportunity cost. This means that when miners dedicate hashing power to a particular coin, they are giving up what they would have earned if they had pointed their hashing power at a different coin. According to one of our miners, it takes four hours to get one AIRcoin with one MH/s. As a result, miners value our coin at least as much as what else they could earn from one MH/s in four hours. Over the past several months, we have analyzed the BTC equivalent value that a given unit of hashing power earns. We have discovered that mining profitability reverts to a mean of .00002 Bitcoins per kilohashes per day. This implies an opportunity cost of .0032 BTC/AIR, or about $1.99/AIR at a difficulty of 11.59 and a hashing rate of 460 MH/s.

For those who are mining currently, the opportunity price to sell the coin at and ensure that you made the most money is .0032. For those who have mined at lower difficulties, that price is lower, but not exceedingly so. Hashrates will likely increase soon however, as Multipools enter, therefore, that opportunity price will increase in the future.

We ask that you try to adjust to THAT price for now. As identified earlier, our market actions follow the market, and try to contain it, rather than set the explicit price to regulate at.

Poloniex will open at their discretion soon.

i ask again, what is soon. Its midnight here. I am interested to see how the launch at poloniex will go, but not if i have to wait for long.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
March 14, 2014, 06:51:57 PM
A note on trading,

The Opportunity Cost of AIRcoin

At any time, the value of a coin is determined by a number of factors. That said, the equilibrium price of a coin is determined by one factor above all the others: how hard it is to mine a single coin. If one knows the difficulty and the block reward for a coin at any given moment, then one can make an educated guess about what the coin is worth because that difficulty implicitly reveals what miners are paying for the coin.

This cost that miners are paying is known as the opportunity cost. This means that when miners dedicate hashing power to a particular coin, they are giving up what they would have earned if they had pointed their hashing power at a different coin. According to one of our miners, it takes four hours to get one AIRcoin with one MH/s. As a result, miners value our coin at least as much as what else they could earn from one MH/s in four hours. Over the past several months, we have analyzed the BTC equivalent value that a given unit of hashing power earns. We have discovered that mining profitability reverts to a mean of .00002 Bitcoins per kilohashes per day. This implies an opportunity cost of .0032 BTC/AIR, or about $1.99/AIR at a difficulty of 11.59 and a hashing rate of 460 MH/s.

For those who are mining currently, the opportunity price to sell the coin at and ensure that you made the most money is .0032. For those who have mined at lower difficulties, that price is lower, but not exceedingly so. Hashrates will likely increase soon however, as Multipools enter, therefore, that opportunity price will increase in the future.

We ask that you try to adjust to THAT price for now. As identified earlier, our market actions follow the market, and try to contain it, rather than set the explicit price to regulate at.

Poloniex will open at their discretion soon.
Activity: 434
March 14, 2014, 06:50:47 PM
Yes when is tonight as its 9.50am on Sat here  Tongue
Activity: 602
March 14, 2014, 06:34:04 PM
Trading is absolutely confirmed to open tonight. Our team is extremely busy making the final preparations, so I am sorry of we are not as active on this thread as we normally are.

Estimated time?

would also like to know as its already 11:30 pm here.
Activity: 287
March 14, 2014, 06:33:07 PM
Trading is absolutely confirmed to open tonight. Our team is extremely busy making the final preparations, so I am sorry of we are not as active on this thread as we normally are.

Estimated time?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 14, 2014, 06:24:01 PM
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT BY

Don't run out of AIR - mine with us! We find blocks, but we need some more miners so help spread the hash!

* Dedicated servers with SSD (not VPS)
* 10 Gbit/s network
* DDoS protection
* Mail support!
* Backups of all wallets and pools!
* Professional team!
* The natural choice for mining!
* There is a mining fee of 1% and donations are appreciated!
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 14, 2014, 06:11:55 PM

Exciting times for AIRcoin!  Smiley

We have been following the developments for weeks and are super impressed.

Go Team Aircoin!
March 14, 2014, 06:09:41 PM
can i get some free coins? I want to buy some but they are not any exchange yet

ARZkEhjRniqoauMMbeJLvhHMgyRtuKk4Xh

I sent you a couple so you have some..lol. Welcome to AIRcoin

anyone else willing to help anyone else get in the aircoin game i have o Sad

Aircoin - ARZkEhjRniqoauMMbeJLvhHMgyRtuKk4Xh

Anyone can help me out joining AIRcoin, I also have none :-(  Anyone giving any away free? Cant wait to see it on the Exchange!

AIRCOIN:    AMykSYGaLrkTqZopTHQBde3T5jF5264iHV

It currently takes 4 hours to mine 1 AIRcoin with 1mhash. Consider that when you're begging for free coins. Either go mine your own or buy some.. don't pull the pity card.

Thank-you for educating me, this is what the forums are all about! Please read my previous post in regards to me mining and buying as I don't think I claimed any pity but that's up to your interpretation. As I stated I'm now educated thanks to you :-)

I didn't mean to sound so harsh, I just get worn down when I see so many people asking for free coins when all the miners are paying to get theirs (rigs, electricity, time). And yes, this coin doesn't come easy at 3.72 coins per block. Also, asking for free coins is essentially asking for free $, because it takes very real resources to create them and they're several steps away from being exchanged into real dollars.

That's all good :-) You have a very valid point and I do retract asking for free Coins.
Do you know what time frame on Poloniex they will be available? I'm confused as well about being on the exchange "tonight" comment.  I know someone has asked already but my excitement is bubbling! :-)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 14, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Anyone can help me out joining AIRcoin, I also have none :-(  Anyone giving any away free? Cant wait to see it on the Exchange!

It currently takes 4 hours to mine 1 AIRcoin with 1mhash. Consider that when you're begging for free coins. Either go mine your own or buy some.. don't pull the pity card.

Thank-you for educating me, this is what the forums are all about! Please read my previous post in regards to me mining and buying as I don't think I claimed any pity but that's up to your interpretation. As I stated I'm now educated thanks to you :-)

I didn't mean to sound so harsh, I just get worn down when I see so many people asking for free coins when all the miners are paying to get theirs (rigs, electricity, time). And yes, this coin doesn't come easy at 3.72 coins per block. Also, asking for free coins is essentially asking for free $, because it takes very real resources to create them and they're several steps away from being exchanged into real dollars.
Activity: 322
March 14, 2014, 05:58:43 PM

You have at least 2

Hey i'm not being ungrateful or anything but i still haven't got them. Are u sure u sent them to me. If u look on page 39 of this forum u responded to the guy under me saying u sent some. Maybe they went to his address
mine was this address AWwBhSeAn7XhWwqcpd81ykrXyjNWFJSnQZ i'm not lying look in the block chain and see whats been sent to it.

behave check the explorer
Short Link: http://explorer.teamaircoin.org/a/ARZkEhjRni

Balance: 2 AIR
Transactions in: 1
Received: 2 AIR
Transactions out: 0
Sent: 0 AIR
Transactions
Transaction   Block   Approx. Time   Amount   Balance   Currency
fe4dd5a767...   19830   2014-03-14 19:42:18   2   2   AIR

Thank you for the help
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 14, 2014, 05:51:12 PM
please stop filling this thread up with begging
March 14, 2014, 05:50:43 PM

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 14, 2014, 05:45:28 PM
Just a heads up - you cant withdraw AIR from Poloniex atm. Probably just temporary until markets open, but figured you'd want to know
Activity: 322
March 14, 2014, 05:44:19 PM

You have at least 2

Hey i'm not being ungrateful or anything but i still haven't got them. Are u sure u sent them to me. If u look on page 39 of this forum u responded to the guy under me saying u sent some. Maybe they went to his address
mine was this address AWwBhSeAn7XhWwqcpd81ykrXyjNWFJSnQZ i'm not lying look in the block chain and see whats been sent to it.

Go buy some in the marketplace thread! Or wait until Poloniex opens. Or.. maybe you can offer something in return, instead of just trying to get free coins out of people.

Hey man I wasn't speaking to you. And also on page 39 i offered to buy some with EBT coins. This guy offered to send me 2. i understand it takes alot of hard work for these coins to be mined. I was more so aiming my question for some at the devs usually pass some time. Either way i'm sorry for asking and GL to mining
Activity: 279
March 14, 2014, 05:41:53 PM

You have at least 2

behave check the explorer
Short Link: http://explorer.teamaircoin.org/a/ARZkEhjRni

Balance: 2 AIR
Transactions in: 1
Received: 2 AIR
Transactions out: 0
Sent: 0 AIR
Transactions
Transaction   Block   Approx. Time   Amount   Balance   Currency
fe4dd5a767...   19830   2014-03-14 19:42:18   2   2   AIR
Pages:
Jump to: