Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 75. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 14, 2014, 05:12:06 AM
quote from release:

"This release pertains to the launch of AIRcoin on the exchange https://poloniex.com/ which will begin
trading at an expected exchange rate of .00115 BTC/AIR. Network Hashrates, as the time of this release,
are between 440 and 500 MH/S, resulting in a difficulty of 12-15"

So already they have backdown from the exchange rate. They promised 0.00115 when difficulty was 4. its tripled.
i ws mining 30 per day now 6!

The rate in the release was chosen low to prevent overestimation, and remains a recommendation or expectation, not a hard rule. The initial price is still set by the free market, it is the movements from that price that we operate on. We have removed it from the release, however, to avoid negatively influencing the market.

Well given the difficulty tripled the actual launch price should be closer to an expected 0.003
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 14, 2014, 04:27:46 AM
Anyone else notice the drop in network hash rate? Nearing 300MH/s. Strange time for it to be doing that so close to listing on an exchange.

obviously, they are mining air
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
March 14, 2014, 04:22:47 AM
Anyone else notice the drop in network hash rate? Nearing 300MH/s. Strange time for it to be doing that so close to listing on an exchange.

It's likely that people were expecting this to launch on an exchange today...Failed deadlines leave a bad taste in peoples mouth.

They didnt promise? They said it could be yesterday OR today. It was certain that it would be today if it wasnt yday.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
March 14, 2014, 04:22:33 AM
quote from release:

"This release pertains to the launch of AIRcoin on the exchange https://poloniex.com/ which will begin
trading at an expected exchange rate of .00115 BTC/AIR. Network Hashrates, as the time of this release,

So already they have backdown from the exchange rate. They promised 0.00115 when difficulty was 4. its tripled.

The rate in the release was chosen low to prevent overestimation, and remains a recommendation or expectation, not a hard rule. The initial price is still set by the free market, it is the movements from that price that we operate on. We have removed it from the release, however, to avoid negatively influencing the market.

It's likely that people were expecting this to launch on an exchange today...Failed deadlines leave a bad taste in peoples mouth.

This is actually a relatively regular occurrance, hashrates rise to new peaks about every 24 hours and then back down late at night. This shift is so large because one miner, who backed out, had nearly 75 MH/s alone. This is in part due to rigs failing or switching overnight, and from the attempt to let the difficulty drop before the morning.

The reason behind the delay (which was pointed out earlier in the thread, and it is still within our time range we specified) was that one of our media contacts who offered to cover the launch with a campaign was delayed. We want to coordinate the launch so that we can have a strong enough volume to help the market be stable at launch, and that requires more advertising than we have currently. It is definitely in the best interests of those currently using the coin to allow this coverage to happen at the right moment. It also gives other users more time to prepare.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 14, 2014, 04:15:04 AM
Is it safe to deposit to polo? Guess there won't be any trading today regardless though.

My coins were deposited. They took a while to show up but they did.
Activity: 56
March 14, 2014, 04:13:24 AM

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 14, 2014, 03:38:30 AM
 quote from release:

Activity: 394
Merit: 250
Crypto enthusiast
March 14, 2014, 03:20:10 AM
Activity: 750
March 14, 2014, 02:22:44 AM
Is it safe to deposit to polo? Guess there won't be any trading today regardless though.
Activity: 16
March 14, 2014, 01:43:56 AM
I think part of it got truncated?

"AIRcoin, if successful, will act to innovate Cryptocoins in a way that allows for their adoption as a major
financial asset. The Cryptocurrency community has only 3-4 months before the regulatory landscape
changes, and the wake of negative opinion, publicity, and news regarding the community has made it"

Fixed.
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
March 14, 2014, 01:06:09 AM
I think part of it got truncated?

"AIRcoin, if successful, will act to innovate Cryptocoins in a way that allows for their adoption as a major
financial asset. The Cryptocurrency community has only 3-4 months before the regulatory landscape
changes, and the wake of negative opinion, publicity, and news regarding the community has made it"
Activity: 101
March 14, 2014, 01:00:11 AM
On a slightly unrelated topic, I've updated the AIRcoin website somewhat. Check it out! Smiley

http://www.teamaircoin.org/

New colors look awesome!

Also saw the pdf link to the press release. Great Strategy, and well written paper.
Activity: 16
March 14, 2014, 12:48:16 AM
On a slightly unrelated topic, I've updated the AIRcoin website somewhat. Check it out! Smiley

http://www.teamaircoin.org/
Activity: 281
March 14, 2014, 12:02:21 AM
hmmmm  polo wallet open and 1/2 mil coins move.............

Are you talking about coins moving from the premine wallets??

I would think that this makes sense, coins do need to be loaded into the exchange, dont they ? Although half a million seems a bit excessive at this stage, their is nothing wrong with being prepared.

That's what each of the first five blocks were.. 500,000

Valid point sir! But not sure how relevant? Could you elaborate? Or are you simply pointing out the coincedence?

I'm just saying, maybe that just seemed logical for following the coin from initial mining to the polo wallet.
March 13, 2014, 11:51:50 PM

I would think that this makes sense, coins do need to be loaded into the exchange, dont they ? Although half a million seems a bit excessive at this stage, their is nothing wrong with being prepared.

Valid point sir! But not sure how relevant? Could you elaborate? Or are you simply pointing out the coincedence?

March 13, 2014, 11:35:09 PM

March 13, 2014, 11:27:51 PM

Activity: 279
March 13, 2014, 11:25:04 PM

That has been explained.

Hopefully.

Anyway, sent a test coin and it arrived on poloniex 20 minutes later.
hope so too. Breath held.
March 13, 2014, 11:24:24 PM

Are you watching me make my deposit???

LOL
Activity: 658
March 13, 2014, 11:23:32 PM

That has been explained.

Hopefully.

Anyway, sent a test coin and it arrived on poloniex 20 minutes later.
Pages:
Jump to: