Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 76. (Read 137265 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 13, 2014, 11:23:10 PM
Yep...but why does it list a transaction fee of 0.01 AIR?

That is a withdrawal fee, like most exchanges have. No fee on your deposit.
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
March 13, 2014, 11:16:50 PM
hmmmm  polo wallet open and 1/2 mil coins move.............
Activity: 281
March 13, 2014, 11:08:58 PM

I guess the exchange wants to make money on that..

Or, it has just not been setup all the way yet...
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
March 13, 2014, 10:51:29 PM

March 13, 2014, 10:50:57 PM
Well that's great news!

I see that as well
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
We are the ones we've been waiting for
March 13, 2014, 10:28:28 PM
Well that's great news!
Activity: 287
March 13, 2014, 10:26:54 PM
Just saw that deposits on poloniex are available. But trading is not open yet.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 13, 2014, 09:40:16 PM
Also does anyone know who is the said 'thomas jackson'? All I could find was the creator of the website aircointeam is someone called Anthony Surganov: ‎Innovation Fund Associate at UChicagoTech | The University of Chicago. Well that would be inline with the speel on their website I suppose atleast.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
March 13, 2014, 08:58:31 PM
Are there any plans to sell some of the pre-mine at launch of an exchange or are you going to rely on the coins mined so far to determine market value by the miners selling them?

I asked a related question on the sub-reddit but still waiting for a reply there so might post it here too. My understanding is most of the pre-mine goes towards this investment pool used for trading. Do you need to sell AIR for BTC from this pool to fund the trading or will there be AIR trading pairs established by the exchanges or will there be some initial seed funding used for early trading?

The AIR will be converted to BTC or LTC (depending on available markets) to trade this investment pool, and then converted back to AIR when the pool grows, to raise the exchange rate or to counteract dumps. This is the primary way we stabilize the exchange rate. The pool allows us to leverage gains with this large volume. A 1% gain on a pool of 50,000 AIR equivalent allows us to counteract a 10% price fall in a market depth of 5,000 AIR, for example.

That's not really what I expected to hear. Basically means just another premine dump by the devs...

No, it may be a "premine dump" to raise BTC capital but they plan to reinvest it for the coin's benifit. THAT is not like most previous coins. It's just a matter of faith at this point in time. They have a plan, they are following through with it and they are keeping us in the loop. What more can we ask? It's the 12 hour, you are either onboard or not, strap in or move back cuz it's about to launch.

My question is down the road from the exchange launch will there be an agressive campaign or strategy to add services,stores etc that accept aircoin?
March 13, 2014, 08:49:45 PM
Two questions.
1) What time zone are you in.

2) What kind of media coverage are you looking to secure?
Activity: 658
March 13, 2014, 08:47:15 PM
@sussex

I think your last comment is a bit harsh. From what I've read and the impressions I've formed about the airteam do not lead me to think this is the case.

However, I am concerned about this initial, let's call in conversion instead of that nasty 'd' word. What volumes are we talking about? Is there a floor in the price you will not sell below? I'd imagine you'll have to slowly release them on the open exchange but at block 19,000+ there's already 70,000 odd AIR available so demand will have to be there for the pool to cash some of its AIR into BTC.

I never used the "D" word?HuhHuh

It was a straightforward question and being first on the exchange could be legitimate in the sense of having a working pool of coins (or it could be malicious), but how can I make that judgement without having an answer?

The impression I have of the devs is also favourable, but I've mis-judged things before.

Anyway, this isn't really about the legitimacy of the devs, but a straightforward question about the mechanism.
Crypto enthusiast
March 13, 2014, 08:02:04 PM
@sussex

I think your last comment is a bit harsh. From what I've read and the impressions I've formed about the airteam do not lead me to think this is the case.

However, I am concerned about this initial, let's call in conversion instead of that nasty 'd' word. What volumes are we talking about? Is there a floor in the price you will not sell below? I'd imagine you'll have to slowly release them on the open exchange but at block 19,000+ there's already 70,000 odd AIR available so demand will have to be there for the pool to cash some of its AIR into BTC.
Activity: 658
March 13, 2014, 07:24:18 PM
Are there any plans to sell some of the pre-mine at launch of an exchange or are you going to rely on the coins mined so far to determine market value by the miners selling them?

I asked a related question on the sub-reddit but still waiting for a reply there so might post it here too. My understanding is most of the pre-mine goes towards this investment pool used for trading. Do you need to sell AIR for BTC from this pool to fund the trading or will there be AIR trading pairs established by the exchanges or will there be some initial seed funding used for early trading?

The AIR will be converted to BTC or LTC (depending on available markets) to trade this investment pool, and then converted back to AIR when the pool grows, to raise the exchange rate or to counteract dumps. This is the primary way we stabilize the exchange rate. The pool allows us to leverage gains with this large volume. A 1% gain on a pool of 50,000 AIR equivalent allows us to counteract a 10% price fall in a market depth of 5,000 AIR, for example.

You presumably need to convert a significant percentage of the AIR into BTC at the very start to enable your trading - how are you going to be able to make your initial BTC/LTC trades without crashing the price?

EDIT:

Is this what the preparation and discussions were about with the exchanges, arranging to have your funds available on the exchange before anyone else?
Activity: 287
March 13, 2014, 07:18:06 PM

That's not really what I expected to hear. Basically means just another premine dump by the devs...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
March 13, 2014, 07:08:49 PM

Crypto enthusiast
March 13, 2014, 06:49:42 PM
Activity: 82
March 13, 2014, 06:41:46 PM
AIRcoin Alexander
March 13, 2014, 06:32:54 PM
When can we expect trading at poloniex?

Waiting on some media contacts who will help cover the launch, but provided they come through, tomorrow is certain.

Hashrates continue to rise, now at a Difficulty of 8.5, 465 MH/s, and .00285 BTC/AIR. We may break 500 MH/s before we begin to trade.

Did the media contacts not come through?

We're still on standby. If we haven't gotten word in the next 6 hours, we will delay the launch by another day until we have confirmation.

That's disapointing

We're not the only ones who are incredibly busy getting prepared, it is our intention to do it right, rather than to rush it. More media coverage on the launch will almost certainly help any users of the coins currently.
Activity: 750
March 13, 2014, 06:28:23 PM

Waiting on some media contacts who will help cover the launch, but provided they come through, tomorrow is certain.

Hashrates continue to rise, now at a Difficulty of 8.5, 465 MH/s, and .00285 BTC/AIR. We may break 500 MH/s before we begin to trade.

We're still on standby. If we haven't gotten word in the next 6 hours, we will delay the launch by another day until we have confirmation.

That's disapointing
AIRcoin Alexander
March 13, 2014, 06:24:00 PM

Pages:
Jump to: