Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Alloy [XAO] | The Next Generation Anonymous Cryptocurrency - page 6. (Read 27225 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 2
oh i forgot, i m using amd blockchain drivers (Aug 23).  Grin

Oh yes, I will try those... I stopped using them some time ago when I found out newer drivers gives the same hash, and I needed them for more than 8GPU support...

if the wallet support  the solo mining?

If you are asking If wallet supports solo mining, the answer is no. You can mine using wallet but it is pool mining...
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
Multiminer does make mining so much easier!! everything in one place including wallets..
just want to give a shout out to the miners on my pool..
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
if the wallet support  the solo mining?
Activity: 670
Merit: 130
oh i forgot, i m using amd blockchain drivers (Aug 23).  Grin
Are you using double threads with AMD cards, if not there is some margin of improvement.

Tried many times with different algos. Always instantly gives driver crash for all cards.

I don't know why this happens ... but it shouldn't ...

https://imgur.com/a/063cEIu
Sapphire 570 8 GB - 510 h/s (samsung) -  bios 1-click patch polaris, not OC too much Core 1250, Mem 1950, mV -68 - SRBMiner 1.5.0
Sapphire 570 4 GB - 464 h/s (elpida - hynix) - bios 1-click patch polaris, same OC settings as above - SRBMiner 1.5.0

Stable as a rock.

ok so 560 h/s (570 8gb) was my max hashrate in ALLOY algo.

In heavy with the same setup my rates are:
https://imgur.com/a/SQN7XEU
Sapphire 570 8 GB - around 1050 h/s (samsung) -  bios 1-click patch polaris, not OC too much Core 1250, Mem 1950, mV -68 - SRBMiner 1.5.0
Sapphire 570 4 GB - around 712 h/s (elpida - hynix) - bios 1-click patch polaris, same OC settings as above - SRBMiner 1.5.0

Hence, i was remembering correctly. It was 560 h/s on 570 8GB, alloy algo but OC Settings a bit more, meaning Mem was OC at 2050 while on 570 4GB mem was OC at 2000

Those are very good hashrates Cheesy thanks for confirming it being Alloy algo Smiley
I will go and try something with rx 580 8gb cards... as they should get atleast 500 + , at the moment its 400 Sad hihi
hmm i was pretty sure its alloy but now i'm a bit confused it might be heavy as well i'll check and confirm.

Thanks... just so we don't create confusion Smiley People are kind of surprised when they see their alloy hash rate being so low... algorithm is really heavy, much heavier than heavy Cheesy haha

This project sound promising and I will surely take a look at this coin.

Please do, and keep following us because there is more nice news to come Smiley

https://imgur.com/a/063cEIu
Sapphire 570 8 GB - 510 h/s (samsung) -  bios 1-click patch polaris, not OC too much Core 1250, Mem 1950, mV -68 - SRBMiner 1.5.0
Sapphire 570 4 GB - 464 h/s (elpida - hynix) - bios 1-click patch polaris, same OC settings as above - SRBMiner 1.5.0

Stable as a rock.

SRB Config File
Code:
{
/* Type can be : normal, normalv7, lite, litev7, heavy, ipbc, artocash, alloy  */
"cryptonight_type" : "alloy",

/* Intensity 0-> auto intensity, or value from 1-300  */
"intensity" : 0,

/* To use 2 threads per card set double_threads to true  */
"double_threads" : true,

/* Uncomment this if you want to set GPU target temperature  */
/*"target_temperature" : 0,*/

/* Uncomment this if you want to set system shutdown temperature  */
/*"shutdown_temperature" : 90,*/

/* Uncomment this if you don't want to use the built in watchdog, but you want a script to run on GPU fail */
/* If you use the reboot-windows.bat it will restart your computer if a GPU fail occurs */
/*"reboot_script" : "reboot-windows.bat",*/

/* Advanced settings for each GPU manually */
/* Put in devices that you want to use, if you for ex. don't want to use gpu 2, just don't insert it,like in this example */
/* Id starts from 0 , not from 1 !! */
/* To get a list of available devices with their id's, use --listdevices parameter */
/* This is just an example, edit it and remove comment lines !! */

/*"gpu_conf" :
[
{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 3, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 4, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2}
]*/
}

560 h/s 99% was heavy indeed. i'm checking it
ok so 560 h/s (570 8gb) was my max hashrate in ALLOY algo.

In heavy with the same setup my rates are:
https://imgur.com/a/SQN7XEU
Sapphire 570 8 GB - around 1050 h/s (samsung) -  bios 1-click patch polaris, not OC too much Core 1250, Mem 1950, mV -68 - SRBMiner 1.5.0
Sapphire 570 4 GB - around 712 h/s (elpida - hynix) - bios 1-click patch polaris, same OC settings as above - SRBMiner 1.5.0

Hence, i was remembering correctly. It was 560 h/s on 570 8GB, alloy algo but OC Settings a bit more, meaning Mem was OC at 2050 while on 570 4GB mem was OC at 2000
dtr
Activity: 164
Merit: 0
Are you using double threads with AMD cards, if not there is some margin of improvement.

Tried many times with different algos. Always instantly gives driver crash for all cards.

Seems to work, tnx.
Rates:
560 2 Gb - 150
560 4 Gb - 160
380 4 Gb - 265
480 8 Gb - 300
570 4 Gb - 260 to 270
580 4 Gb - 270 to 290
1080 8 Gb - 270

Glad to hear it works now... I believe your hash rates can be improved a bit. Are you using double threads with AMD cards, if not there is some margin of improvement. You should also play with intensity setting and overclock to get best hash rate.
With NVIDIA you can play with "threads" setting, and overclock to get better hash... but I am not sure how much 1080 should give.
Cryptonight algorithms in general needs overclock of memory to get better hash rate, but you can underclock and undervolt core, to reduce power consumption and heat production, with only slight decrease in hash rate.
dtr
Try first change bfactor to 8, and run miner ... If this alone doesn't help try also reducing "threads" and "blocks"... once you can mine, play with "threads" and "blocks" settings to achieve best hash rate...

Once you succeed can you please share with us how much hash rate do you get per GPU for 560, 570, 480 and 1080 mining Alloy ... we would like to put this informations together, so all newcomers can get basic info about expected hash rate with particular GPU...

Seems to work, tnx.
Rates:
560 2 Gb - 150
560 4 Gb - 160
380 4 Gb - 265
480 8 Gb - 300
570 4 Gb - 260 to 270
580 4 Gb - 270 to 290
1080 8 Gb - 270
hmm i was pretty sure its alloy but now i'm a bit confused it might be heavy as well i'll check and confirm.

Thanks... just so we don't create confusion Smiley People are kind of surprised when they see their alloy hash rate being so low... algorithm is really heavy, much heavier than heavy Cheesy haha

Please do, and keep following us because there is more nice news to come Smiley
Activity: 112
We have a community voting on our discord channel. Everybody interested please take a look at https://alloyproject.org/discord and take part in it.
IF i remember correctly...

For 570 8gb (samsung), bios 1-click patch polaris, not OC too much Core 1250, Mem 1950 i get around 560 h/s with SRBMiner

For 570 4gb (elpida, hynix), bios 1-click patch polaris, same OC settings as above i get around 525-530 h/s with SRBMiner

mV from -100 to -68 (it depends on the card)

Fully stable.

Are you sure this was mining cryptonight-alloy? Be carefull Alloy is diferent algorithm than Cryptonight-heavy and Alloy gives much lower hash rate than heavy. The only way you can know alloy hash rate is by mining it.
Your hash rates seems much to high for alloy, that is why I am asking... Usually with 580 8gb you can get 400 - 450 H/s, not more.
We already had alot of confussion because people constantly reported hash rate they received on heavy and claimed it is alloy...

For 570 8gb (samsung), bios 1-click patch polaris, not OC too much Core 1250, Mem 1950 i get around 560 h/s with SRBMiner

For 570 4gb (elpida, hynix), bios 1-click patch polaris, same OC settings as above i get around 525-530 h/s with SRBMiner

Fully stable.

Are you sure this was mining cryptonight-alloy? Be carefull Alloy is diferent algorithm than Cryptonight-heavy and Alloy gives much lower hash rate than heavy. The only way you can know alloy hash rate is by mining it.
Your hash rates seems much to high for alloy, that is why I am asking... Usually with 580 8gb you can get 400 - 450 H/s, not more.
We already had alot of confussion because people constantly reported hash rate they received on heavy and claimed it is alloy...

Fully stable.
if wattman crashes, then you're pushing your cards too much. either try less intensity or less OC or you devolt a bit too much (mV).
note that despite the fact that you may have similar or the same gpus, it will be a miracle if they all work with the same settings and thus you have to config them one by one in order to achieve the most stable configuration (this applies in every gpu minable coin).

Exactly, and what is more... they will not work with same settings for every mining algorithm, because mining algorithms are different and put a bit different kind of "stress" on your GPU... And this applys also for cryptonight coins - because cryptonight is now many different algorithms (Cryptonight V7, Heavy, Light, Alloy), so for example you can mine cryptonight V7 with xx settings, but you get crashes on cryptonight-heavy with same settings ...

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
  // gpu: GeForce GTX 1080 architecture: 61
  //      memory: 7950/8192 MiB
  //      smx: 20
  { "index" : 0,
    "threads" : 30, "blocks" : 60,
    "bfactor" : 6, "bsleep" :  25,
    "affine_to_cpu" : false, "sync_mode" : 3,
  },

],

Try first change bfactor to 8, and run miner ... If this alone doesn't help try also reducing "threads" and "blocks"... once you can mine, play with "threads" and "blocks" settings to achieve best hash rate...

Once you succeed can you please share with us how much hash rate do you get per GPU for 560, 570, 480 and 1080 mining Alloy ... we would like to put this informations together, so all newcomers can get basic info about expected hash rate with particular GPU...
BTW, I noticed my amd rigs periodically get video driver crashes. This almost never happened to them with other miners. Not that often definitely.

Ok, I believe you should change some variables in amd.txt... probably intensity setting, try reducing it significantly, and if you don't get any more video driver crashes, you can than try to increase a bit ... and so on untill you find the best stability/hash rate settings...

if wattman crashes, then you're pushing your cards too much. either try less intensity or less OC or you devolt a bit too much (mV).
note that despite the fact that you may have similar or the same gpus, it will be a miracle if they all work with the same settings and thus you have to config them one by one in order to achieve the most stable configuration (this applies in every gpu minable coin).
dtr

I know how to fix this cuda problem, but I need to see nvidia.txt file, I am not able to tell from my head... Just past configuration of 1 nvidia gpu so I can see all the variables, and I will tell you which one to change...

No problem.

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
  // gpu: GeForce GTX 1080 architecture: 61
  //      memory: 7950/8192 MiB
  //      smx: 20
  { "index" : 0,
    "threads" : 30, "blocks" : 60,
    "bfactor" : 6, "bsleep" :  25,
    "affine_to_cpu" : false, "sync_mode" : 3,
  },

],

Ok, I believe you should change some variables in amd.txt... probably intensity setting, try reducing it significantly, and if you don't get any more video driver crashes, you can than try to increase a bit ... and so on untill you find the best stability/hash rate settings...

Thanks, will try it later.
[CUDA] Error gpu 0: :381

Nope. There seems to be too many variables.

I know how to fix this cuda problem, but I need to see nvidia.txt file, I am not able to tell from my head... Just past configuration of 1 nvidia gpu so I can see all the variables, and I will tell you which one to change...

BTW, I noticed my amd rigs periodically get video driver crashes. This almost never happened to them with other miners. Not that often definitely.

dtr
Working with 560, 570, 480.
Not working with 1080.

Hi... what seem to be the problem with 1080 ?

[CUDA] Error gpu 0: :381

did you try to change configuration in nvidia.txt file ?

Nope. There seems to be too many variables.

Pages:
Jump to: