Author

Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo - page 423. (Read 879199 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 11
Hello Elokane,

I purchased some AMPS. I presume the AMPS address I sent my btc to is a unique address tied to my email account? Just want to confirm. Thanks,
legendary
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
Could one send BTC from a mobile wallet like Mycellium or the Schildbach app?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
We are IN touch WITH various escrow service providers TO provide our backers WITH a smooth AND secure solution.

I guess you couldn't find an escrow service?

Congratulations for reaching todays milestone, day 1 of the Crowdsale.
I would also appreciate an update regarding Escrow. I can only see options to send BTC or wire transfer at this stage. TYIA.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
We are in touch with various escrow service providers to provide our backers with a smooth and secure solution.

I guess you couldn't find an escrow service?  I guess you won't be taking my money either.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Sup crypti! How's the project going?

If i understand right, companies pay users to look at adwords.
But usually only very poor users looks at adwords for some money.
What is the conversion from such advertising?

Our system is incredibly more complex than that. Nobody is "paid" to watch "ads".
Any type of content can be AMPLIFIED on the network. This includes party invitations from your friend, a political blog post from a writer you like, or your mom wanting to spread embarrassing pictures of you to her network.

You can opt-out of any aspect of this (say, promoted posts from that blogger, or from some business you dislike, or from one community you're a member in, or altogether), but we believe that this is a mechanism that will contribute to the social networking experience in general rather than detract from it.

We go into detail about this at the beginning of our whitepaper. We discuss the different attributes of the system and how they balance one another.
http://www.synereo.com/whitepapers/synereo.pdf

Maybe you should explain it in an easy way for us.

It is easy to throw big facebook numbers around, but I am not satisfied with this.
It is hard to understand how you monetize your network. Even why you need AMPs.

So companys come to facebook and pay for advertising. Who will come to pay for the AMPs?

First of all, AMP, if we ignore the advertising aspect for a sec, allows you to amplify any type of content over the network. There is certain current strength, based on your Reo (think of it as influence , relevance, reputation) that delivers content. AMPs is what can push it beyond that "natural" force of delivery. But what it means for content creators and advertisers, is that they can apply it to distributing songs, books, videos streams, pictures, reaching a wider audience. But the AMPs don't go to some higher entity (like what happens when you pay Facebook for advertising) the AMPs are injected into Synereo and end up compensating the audience for the attention they allocated to your content.

So if Tesla wants to add Synereo into the marketing mix and allocated Budget X to promoting the new offering to car enthusiasts, they put AMPs behind their content to amplify their reach. The more relevant and higher quality the message, the less AMPs will be wasted since the attention allocated by the audience is more "natural" in the first place. But since you are grabbing that attention for your own needs, you still have to compensate the person. So this audience ends up with AMPs of their own as as natural result of this process.

Nd
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!
Frankly I'm a little disappointed in the bitcoin community.  This is a decentralized Facebook.  This is one of the reasons I got into bitcoin for the possibility to decntralize huge industries.

Its a sad state of affairs if we can't fund this project.  Bitcoin is so much more than a currency people.

Its power to the people

At the moment it´s not power to the people. It´s money from people to scammers and early adopter dumpers. Most people are loosing money due to cryptocurrencys.

I think it´s good that people think before they invest.
Activity: 767
Never back down !!!

Our system is incredibly more complex than that. Nobody is "paid" to watch "ads".
Any type of content can be AMPLIFIED on the network. This includes party invitations from your friend, a political blog post from a writer you like, or your mom wanting to spread embarrassing pictures of you to her network.

You can opt-out of any aspect of this (say, promoted posts from that blogger, or from some business you dislike, or from one community you're a member in, or altogether), but we believe that this is a mechanism that will contribute to the social networking experience in general rather than detract from it.

We go into detail about this at the beginning of our whitepaper. We discuss the different attributes of the system and how they balance one another.

Maybe you should explain it in an easy way for us.

It is easy to throw big facebook numbers around, but I am not satisfied with this.
It is hard to understand how you monetize your network. Even why you need AMPs.

So companys come to facebook and pay for advertising. Who will come to pay for the AMPs?
Activity: 481
Merit: 251
Frankly I'm a little disappointed in the bitcoin community.  This is a decentralized Facebook.  This is one of the reasons I got into bitcoin for the possibility to decntralize huge industries.

Its a sad state of affairs if we can't fund this project.  Bitcoin is so much more than a currency people.

Its power to the people
Activity: 817
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
only 18.5% of the coins are being sold in IPO... who knows what the rest of them will be for.. market cap is $1.2 million to start for IPO investors...
They created 1 billion AMPs.  The amps are going for 154/1 USD.  Therefore the market cap would be 1 billion divided by 154 equals roughly 6.5 million.  That means the whole network can be bought for 6.5 million which is the market cap.
legendary
A 6.5 million dollar valuation to me doesn't sound crazy at all when you are talking about this being a legitimate contender to Facebook which has a market cap of 225 billion.  They would have to capture a meager .002% of the market to achieve that market valuation

its 2.8% not 0.002% how did you get that? also that is the STARTING ipo valuation that the investors pay here... and its $1.3 million something they are asking for.. if they surpase facebook each AMP must be worth $135USD... so if they get to %0.002 of that means they reach $45 million market cap and that is only about 2x the current ipo price...

Note again that our sale is supervised by the Omni Foundation. They have control of all issued AMPs, which cannot be distributed without their approval.

Our sale is also hosted on their site.
http://www.omnilayer.org/

Activity: 511
Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor
A 6.5 million dollar valuation to me doesn't sound crazy at all when you are talking about this being a legitimate contender to Facebook which has a market cap of 225 billion.  They would have to capture a meager .002% of the market to achieve that market valuation
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
No mining ..no thx.
Jump to: