Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ARO] | Arionum | CPU+GPU+Masternode | PHP Based |Decentralized Revolution - page 29. (Read 71563 times)

Activity: 376
Merit: 103
this HardFork will kill ARO for CPU profitable mining.
BTW, bastard Zean with his botnet (with 2/3 hashing power of the whole notwork hashrate until HardFork) now finds almost 75% of all blocks including GPU and MN blocks.

This fork was intended as to make ARO network more resist to bastard Zean with his botnet. But what do we see now?
After HF at 80K block, only 3 block atm was found by ALL CPU+GPU miners on ALL public pools, while Zean has found the rest 12 Blocks.
Devs should rename this thread to "Highly centrallized, botnet friendly coin"
Activity: 571
Merit: 18

Some information about the upcoming Arionum updates:
- There will be a hard fork at block 80.000 which will update the mining system and will implement the alias system.
- The development has been finished on both mining and the alias system. Currently they are undergoing tests.
- The mining system will be changed to a hybrid mining system in which 1 block is given to CPU miners, 1 to GPU and 1 to masternode staking.
- Masternodes will be implemented starting block 80.000
- To create a masternode you will need 100.000 ARO and you will lock those funds as colateral for minimum 3+1 months.
- The masternodes will be winning blocks based on a Proof of Stake system.
- There is no limit on the number of the total masternodes.
- The masternodes will be used for the project governance and for taking decisions regarding the Arionum blockchain. For example, voting for new features etc (implemented at a later stage)
- The masternodes will be used for handling asset transactions (implemented at a later stage)
- It's possible to implement some sort of sidechain for much faster transactions using the masternodes, at a later date.
- We have implemented a bootstrapping feature to have the nodes do the initial sync much faster.

Here again the info about this fork
Activity: 313
Merit: 8
New CPU/GPU miners for Win?

I have watched this project before, but became interested in Yenten. What caused the need for a fork? I missed that information. Can someone explain or give a link where I can read about it?

Shortly: decentralization threatened by huuuuge solo-miner, (plus this one was dumping like crazy, constantly crashing down the value), best solution for now has been found by changing the mining algorithm 33% / 33% / 33%, so that 33% of the mining rewards goes to CPU mining, 33% to GPU mining, and 33% to Masternodes (which are a brand new addition too ^^). Masternodes will also be used in the voting system. That's why that fork happened, just to try keeping the project as decentralized as possible Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 4

I have watched this project before, but became interested in Yenten. What caused the need for a fork? I missed that information. Can someone explain or give a link where I can read about it?
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
I hope we have a good AMD GPU processor, is this what I want? What is the GUI for? Thanks you for reading
Activity: 798
Merit: 252
Insane In The Blockchain ⚠
Activity: 101
Merit: 1
Screwup?  Blocks move backwards on Aro.cool
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
How about the GUI wallet, will it work after the fork?

I got the new GUI wallet since a few days, as what i know this is the version what i can also use after the fork. Alias system will be automatic activated after the fork.
Also i read here (thought overlode told it..) if u dont want to use the alias system and the new options, then u dont need to update the gui wallet.

i already updated and the update went easy, just install and that's it.

*10 blocks to go!

Gimme that AMD GPU miner ARODEV Cheesy

*8 blocks to go!
*7 blocks to go!
*6 blocks to go!
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
How about the GUI wallet, will it work after the fork?
The guide looks easy, great!

You guys are awesome, my compliments about all the progress you guys made and my compliments for the future plans.

Good job  Grin

I hope we will get an good working AMD GPU miner today, i want to test it tonight when i got home from work.
I guess also the CPU miners need to get updated, or are there no changes in the ALGO?
copper member
Activity: 130
Merit: 17
I want to know if you can dig a mine with this coin, with what machine, with what algorithm,
And when will it be listed on the exchanges? And what exchanges is the project intended to be listed?

You can use CPU and GPU currently, with the hard fork bringing improvements in speed to both of these. After the hard fork, Masternodes will also be available.

The algorithm is uses is argon2.

We are already listed on Mercatox exchange and CoinMarketCap with a view to list on a bigger exchange in the very near future.

YEah i saw dann got an miner ready (not tested) on github.

We are almost there, fingers crossed for a smooth fork bro!
Activity: 168
Glad to see the price action following the lead up to the hardfork.
The problem with the AMD miner is that AMD itself does not do well with memory calculations
Are you sure?

When I say memory calculations, it's more to do with the algorithm, argon2. AMD just doesn't seem to perform as well as Nvidia
Well most of time it depends on the quality of the miner.
In the begin from ETH u should use nvidia, well the amd miners working at the same level or even beter now.
Also at the begin from the X** algo and XEVAN, AMD was pretty better with the SGminer in compare with CCminer for NVIDIA. Now CCminer is much beter then SGminer.. On all those coins the biggest changemaker is the miner.

So i hope that somebody inside Arionum can do a nice job for the AMD GPU miner.

Anyway, fork is comming soon! 101 blocks to go! I guess this fork will be today (well here its 8:00 in the morning now so).

Edit: i saw the last few days the mining rewards are 1/3 in compare the days before. Is this because of an growing netspeed or? Ah and i see the price is start to grow, not bad at all
Activity: 230
Merit: 5
The problem with the AMD miner is that AMD itself does not do well with memory calculations
Are you sure?

When I say memory calculations, it's more to do with the algorithm, argon2. AMD just doesn't seem to perform as well as Nvidia
Activity: 34
Are you sure?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
FLAT OUT!!!
A decent AMD gpu miner would be great, even if AMD cards are not the most appropriate  for aro, I’m sure myself and many others would be happy to put some hash power aro’s way 🙂
Activity: 230
Merit: 5
I want to know if you can dig a mine with this coin, with what machine, with what algorithm,
And when will it be listed on the exchanges? And what exchanges is the project intended to be listed?

You can use CPU and GPU currently, with the hard fork bringing improvements in speed to both of these. After the hard fork, Masternodes will also be available.

The algorithm is uses is argon2.

We are already listed on Mercatox exchange and CoinMarketCap with a view to list on a bigger exchange in the very near future.

Hey OvErLoDe1,
When are the new AMD GPU miner(s) available? Can i / we prepare this fork with the AMD GPU miners?

The problem with the AMD miner is that AMD itself does not do well with memory calculations, however there will be some better performance on the GPU block cycle.

Ideally you need to contact cryptogone with regards to his fork of the GPU miner, but I believe he said in around 1 week it will be available
Pages:
Jump to: