Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ArtByte - the cryptocurrency for the arts! - page 33. (Read 143292 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi.   
I have seen a website called coinpayments.com which is a "integrated payment gateway for cryptocurrencies".  At this site, is possible to suggest a cryptcoin to be added to their system, therefore, artbyte could be suggested. But for doing this, some technical info is needed, as shown below.  Someone knows the missing answers?

Cointicker:  ABY
Coin name: Artbyte
Coin Website: artbyte.me
Exchanges the Coin is On:  Bittrex
Average Block Time: Huh
Recommended Number of Confirms: Huh
Current Estiamted Market Cap (in USD):  63.258 (at the moment of writing this:  http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/applebyte/)
Coin Rank: (Position # as seen on CoinMarketCap.com) :   238 at the moment of writing this
Are you a developer working on this coin? :  yes or no
If yes, please include contact information:

This request can be done at:
https://www.coinpayments.net/coinreq
legendary
Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

Which block are we on?

Thx

Block# 667284

You can see those details on http://pool.artbyte.me/
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Is there a block explorer?

Which block are we on?

Thx
legendary

Why those musicians, painters, sculptors, actors etc still not on this forum? ArtByte need more support and promotion  Smiley

We have worked with thousands of artists in our first two years, and only 3 have even heard of this forum. Our user community is real artists and art lovers, not "crypto-geeks". We market to the users on Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, our blog and various art forums. We explain crypto in nontechnical terms and 99% of all our communication is aimed at nontechnical users. Here is an example from our blog explaining cryto-currencies to everyday users:

You keep saying that you have worked with "thousands of artists" since ABY's inception.. But can you prove that?

One easy way to see the proof, is simply to look at the tips that fans have given artists via Twitter (there are well over 1000+, in our two year history).
Just go to our Twitter tipping account: https://twitter.com/ArtistGift/with_replies

Additionally there is our music site that does work and there have been multiple artists grants and awards given.

legendary
Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Why those musicians, painters, sculptors, actors etc still not on this forum? ArtByte need more support and promotion  Smiley

We have worked with thousands of artists in our first two years, and only 3 have even heard of this forum. Our user community is real artists and art lovers, not "crypto-geeks". We market to the users on Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, our blog and various art forums. We explain crypto in nontechnical terms and 99% of all our communication is aimed at nontechnical users. Here is an example from our blog explaining cryto-currencies to everyday users:

You keep saying that you have worked with "thousands of artists" since ABY's inception.. But can you prove that?

Your only platform for artists is your site music.artbyte.me , which 1) doesn't work properly and 2) NOBODY uses it. I know this for a fact because no new albums have been uploaded since I last uploaded mine >6 months ago.

Seems to me like you're just bullshitting about having worked with 1000s of artists.. what use do they even have for ArtByte? Unless you can prove it, seems like you're straight up lying about this..

yes, i am also intersted in proving this. could you please post some links/examples? otherwise it looks more like some bla bla to exit-pump a dead coin...!
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
New ABY-PIGGY market at NovaExchange!  https://novaexchange.com/market/PIGGY_ABY/
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Your only platform for artists is your site music.artbyte.me , which 1) doesn't work properly and 2) NOBODY uses it. I know this for a fact because no new albums have been uploaded since I last uploaded mine >6 months ago.

Seems to me like you're just bullshitting about having worked with 1000s of artists.. what use do they even have for ArtByte? Unless you can prove it, seems like you're straight up lying about this..
Activity: 604
Merit: 500
Why those musicians, painters, sculptors, actors etc still not on this forum? ArtByte need more support and promotion  Smiley

Agree with you mate. It just needs more promotion and it can become a very successful cryptocurrency. Development may be a little slow, but at least there is community interest into the coin which at least makes the coin survive for quite some time. By the way, a mobile wallet would be a good one for this coin. Just my opinion.  Smiley

We have an Android wallet (Google Play - ArtByte),
I agree an iPhone wallet would be a good addition. You guys know a good IOS developer?

Thanks for update
Activity: 387
any news on the block explorer?          i remember mining this coin when it was applebyte, even before bittrex added it!

ABY had a basic android wallet then, this one works much better
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

I agree an iPhone wallet would be a good addition. You guys know a good IOS developer?

Thanks for sharing the link to the Android app. Just getting it downloaded into my tablet. And yes, an iPhone wallet would be a pretty great addition and would help increase awareness and usability of ArtByte. The only thing would be to find an IOS developer that would help us with this task, but if I'm able to find one I'll let you know for sure.

Looking forward for more ABY updates  Grin
legendary
Why those musicians, painters, sculptors, actors etc still not on this forum? ArtByte need more support and promotion  Smiley

Agree with you mate. It just needs more promotion and it can become a very successful cryptocurrency. Development may be a little slow, but at least there is community interest into the coin which at least makes the coin survive for quite some time. By the way, a mobile wallet would be a good one for this coin. Just my opinion.  Smiley

legendary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXPLAINING DIGITAL CURRENCY TO THE LAYMAN

How are digital currencies created?
Just like physical currencies, digital currencies like ArtByte don’t just pop into existence; they have to be made. In physical currencies, paper bills are printed and coins are minted by government agencies, then distributed into the banking system. In the same way, digital currencies must be created and distributed to users.

For a digital currency like ArtByte, the currency is created by a software application. This software runs on each computer connected to the ArtByte network. All of the computers connected to the network work together, sharing the complex calculations necessary to create each ArtByte, and a certain number of ArtBytes are created each day. This process is called mining, and is not free, as it costs computer power and electricity. To compensate computer owners for their work, ArtBytes are paid to the software users connected to the network.

How are balances kept and transactions processed?
Just like at your bank, your account balance and transactions are stored on a server. At your bank, the bank owns the server. But, as a digital currency, ArtByte’s account data resides on a peer-to-peer (computer-to-computer) network that consists of all the computers logged into the network. This allows for additional security as there is no single server that hackers can attack, and each transaction is verified by all the computers on the network.

Just like logging into your bank account with your browser, you can see your ArtByte balance and spend it using the ArtByte Wallet App. The wallet gives you all the info you need, just like using your browser for banking transactions. The Wallet App is available in several versions: Online, MAC, Windows, Android, and IOS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

Activity: 444

Yes...For now it's safe..but it could be a problem every month unless there is more volume...! Better to have more exchanges in case of problems with trex...
legendary
Activity: 444
Looks like the coin is getting close to the required average volume required by trex for the last week ..
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
Dev save this coin don't let it die
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
http://music.artbyte.me/ needs a major rework and marketing campaign. Your core service offering / platform is in the form of this music marketplace, problem is nobody uses it!

Where does Artbyte stand among these blockchain based music solutions?

Each of these have a unique value proposition within the music industry. Something which Artbyte badly needs.

I agree with your assessment and our music solution needs updating.

But remember, that music is a small part of what we do, we support all these kinds of artists:

musicians, painters, sculptors, actors, film makers, directors, editors, producers, dancers, writers, photographers, designers, models, production team, etc.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
Artbyte don't must to lose Bittrex. It's to hard and costly to be listed on that exchange. If the coin is listed on Bittrex - it's good coin.
Pages:
Jump to: