Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] B1tes - New Cryptocurrency - page 11. (Read 11177 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 0
August 16, 2017, 05:22:13 PM

With countdown or ninja launch?

I'm planning to launch it tomorrow.

I've just launched B1tes.

Network seed nodes: 54.232.255.65:50005; 52.15.118.78:50005

Port used by the daemon to establish connections with p2p network: 50005

Port used by the daemon to interact with simplewallet (RPC)  = 40004

B1tes source code is available at: https://github.com/b1tes/b1t

Activity: 446
Merit: 250
August 16, 2017, 03:49:32 PM
Is this a fucking joke??? I'm going to launch a coin, please be patient, more info to come??? WTF

Why even bother with a lame ass ANN? Huh
August 16, 2017, 01:10:49 PM
So what is this project about? Any link to whitepaper or website? Any link to devs pics? I will come back to check on this project. It's mysterious but who knows right?.

The launch of the B1tes project is purely academic. In cryptonote.org, I found a whole set of resources that I can learn from, like starting a coin, creating a GUI wallet, setting up a mining pool, testnet, processing payments, mining, interaction with the blockchain, blocks relaying, getting info about the block, peer list look up, connections look up, transaction pool information and relaying, wallet creation, financial operations, sending, receiving, checking for incoming transfers, etc. Additionally, I'm interested in storing data in the blockchain to write messages, timestamp documents, etc.

I'm the only dev in this project.
Activity: 540
Merit: 251
ASK
August 15, 2017, 09:43:13 PM
Premine?
POW/POS?
Block times?
Block rewards?
Algorithm?
ETA launch?
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
August 15, 2017, 09:40:57 PM
In regards to privacy B1tes is similar to Monero as both are Cryptonote based cryptocurrencies, which features untraceable payments and unlinkable transactions.
Good to hear. I would like to join to the request to see the team behind this project. Many people here have been damaged by the SIGT experience and anonymity would not be the best option.
Are there any unique features to this project compared to other cryptonote coins?
Activity: 241
August 15, 2017, 09:11:27 PM
Welcome to cryptocurrency world
Activity: 632
August 15, 2017, 09:10:44 PM
So what is this project about? Any link to whitepaper or website? Any link to devs pics? I will come back to check on this project. It's mysterious but who knows right?.
August 15, 2017, 09:08:18 PM
I wonder about the privacy features being similar to Monero, not just sharing the same PoW algo...

In regards to privacy B1tes is similar to Monero as both are Cryptonote based cryptocurrencies, which features untraceable payments and unlinkable transactions.
August 15, 2017, 08:37:28 PM
I wonder about the privacy features being similar to Monero, not just sharing the same PoW algo...
August 15, 2017, 06:51:43 PM
Cryptonote sounds promising if you are serious. Hopefully with Monero traits?

Cryptonotes's config file is by default very similar to Monero's config file.
August 15, 2017, 06:01:21 PM

I'm planning to launch it tomorrow.
August 15, 2017, 05:53:47 PM
Cryptonote sounds promising if you are serious. Hopefully with Monero traits?
Activity: 159
August 15, 2017, 05:48:40 PM
Gonna buy on full "KOTLETA" !

Go the moon !
Activity: 590
Merit: 500
August 15, 2017, 05:36:52 PM
I have a good feeling about this. Ride it to the moon!
Activity: 363
August 15, 2017, 05:32:32 PM
Very concise description, just another fork without objective?
August 15, 2017, 05:25:58 PM
need more info.

I'll post more info. Please be patient.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
August 15, 2017, 05:23:54 PM
Lol this has got to be one of the shortest announcements I have come across, not a bad name for a coin but a name isn't everything.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500
August 15, 2017, 05:19:17 PM

Activity: 433
August 15, 2017, 05:15:34 PM
need more info.
August 15, 2017, 05:05:01 PM
Hi everyone,

The launch of the B1tes project is purely academic. In cryptonote.org, I found a whole set of resources that I can learn from, like starting a coin, creating a GUI wallet, setting up a mining pool, testnet, processing payments, mining, interaction with the blockchain, blocks relaying, getting info about the block, peer list look up, connections look up, transaction pool information and relaying, wallet creation, financial operations, sending, receiving, checking for incoming transfers, etc. Additionally, I'm interested in storing data in the blockchain to write messages, timestamp documents, etc.

I'm the only dev in this project.

The B1tes blockchain was first launched on August 16th, 2017.

On September 4h, 2017, the B1tes blockchain network was stopped on Blockchain Height 8943 due to a bug in cryptonote's source code described in an article titled "Disclosure of a Major Bug in CryptoNote Based Currencies" posted on getmonero.org, here is the link: https://getmonero.org/2017/05/17/disclosure-of-a-major-bug-in-cryptonote-based-currencies.html

According to the article, this bug “allows for the creation of an unlimited number of coins in a way that is undetectable to an observer unless they know about the fatal flaw and can search for it.”

For this reason, on September 18th, 2017, a New B1tes blockchain was launched based on the source code of a cryptonote coin called Aeon (https://github.com/aeonix/aeon - http://www.aeon.cash).

9365 New B1tes blocks were premined in order to redeem users who mined Old B1tes (these users are able to exchange their balance in Old B1tes for New B1tes). Additionally, these users had exclusive access to the New B1tes source code and B1tes mining pools for a period of 3 months (which started on September 18th and ended on December 18th, 2017).

Users who mined Old B1tes can still exchange their balance in Old B1tes for New B1tes, fulfilling the following conditions:
- only transactions timestamped until September 4h, 2017, 12:12:54 a.m. UTC will be accepted.
- only transactions timestamped up to blockchain height 8975 will be accepted.
- send an email to [email protected] with your OLD B1tes *.wallet file as an attachment, inform your wallet password (if there is one), and Bitcoin Forum username.
- send me a private message on Bitcoin Forum confirming that you've emailed the wallet file, so I can verify it.
- As for your OLD B1tes wallet file sent to me, its entire balance will be transferred to another OLD B1tes wallet, that will then be deleted/destroyed.

Now that this 3 months period has passed, the New B1tes blockchain is available to all users.

Launch date: September 18th, 2017
Premine: 9365 blocks
POW/POS: Proof-of-Work (POW)
Block times: 240 seconds
Currency ticker: B1T
Block rewards: ~15 B1T
Algorithm: CryptoNight-Lite - hash-based Proof-of-Work (PoW) algorithm
Max supply: ~18.4 million B1T
Difficulty: retargets at every block
Transaction fee: 0.000001

Network seed nodes: 138.68.115.86; 174.138.127.35; 23.94.223.107

Port used by the daemon to establish connections with p2p network: 50805

Port used by the daemon to interact with simplewallet (RPC): 50904

B1tes source code is available at: https://github.com/b1tes/b1t

A B1tes Wiki has been created. Please feel free add content to it relevant to the B1tes project at: https://b1tes.miraheze.org/

B1tes mining pools:
     - http://b1tes.bpgmr.com (Obs.: this mining pool is owned and managed by Bitcoin Forum member BitPorium. Please, contact BitPorium if you need support.)

- Mining Pool Connection details:
          - Mining Pool Address:
               - http://b1tes.bpgmr.com
          - Mining Ports:
               - Port: 3333
                    - Starting Difficulty: 100
                    - Description: Low end hardware
               - Port: 5555
                    - Starting Difficulty: 2000
                    - Description: Mid range hardware
               - Port: 7777
                    - Starting Difficulty: 10000
                    - Description: High end hardware

- Cryptonote mining pool source code is available at: https://github.com/b1tes/mining-pool
          - You can build the source code to provide a mining pool service, or you can use the mining pool privately.
          - With this mining pool source code, you can mine cryptonote based coins, including B1tes.

For windows users, instructions on how to:

1. Install B1tes blockchain
     2. Create a B1tes wallet

1. Install B1tes blockchain:
          - go to this link: https://github.com/b1tes/b1t-windows-64-bit
          - click on Clone or download
          - click on Download ZIP
          - Unzip the file
          - click on b1tesd.exe
          - leave this command prompt application open (it may take a couple of hours until the B1tes blockchain downloaded and synchronized to the network).

2. Create a B1tes wallet and mine B1tes:
          - complete instructions 1 in order to create a B1tes wallet
          - double-click on simplewallet (You’ll only be able to synchronize a B1tes wallet to the network if the B1tes blockchain is downloaded and synchronized to the network on another command prompt application running b1tesd.exe concurrently.)
          - follow the instructions in order to Generate a new wallet by giving a wallet file name and password
          - finally, inside simplewallet’s command line program, start mining B1tes by running the following command:
                   - start_mining

For linux users, instructions on how to:

1. Install B1tes blockchain
     2. Create a B1tes wallet and mine B1tes

1. Install B1tes blockchain:
          - open your command line terminal
          - Execute the following commands to get the dependencies needed in order to setup the environment to run the B1tes blockchain:
               - sudo apt-get update
               - sudo apt-get install build-essential
               - sudo apt-get install git
               - sudo apt-get install cmake
               - sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
          - Clone B1tes source code:
               - create a directory called b1tes by running the command:
                    - mkdir b1tes
               - enter the b1tes directory by running the command:
                    - cd b1tes
               - clone B1tes source code by running the command:
                        - git clone https://github.com/b1tes/b1t.git
               - enter the b1t directory by running the command:
                    - cd b1t
               - build b1tes source code by running the command:
                    - make
               - wait until building b1tes source code is 100% complete
               - enter the build directory by running the command:
                    - cd build/release/src/
               - download B1tes blockchain by running the command:
                    - ./b1tesd
               - leave this terminal command line open (it may take a couple of hours until the B1tes blockchain is downloaded and synchronized to the network).
               - and open a new terminal command line in order to create a B1tes wallet and mine B1tes. (You’ll only be able to synchronize a B1tes wallet to the network and mine B1tes if the B1tes blockchain is downloaded and synchronized to the network on another terminal command line running the command b1tesd concurrently.)

2. Create a B1tes wallet and mine B1tes:
          - complete instructions 1 in order to create a B1tes wallet
          - and open a new terminal command line in order to create a B1tes walled and mine B1tes
          - enter B1tes build directory by running the command:
                    - cd ~your_directory~/b1tes/b1t/build/release/src
          - create a B1tes wallet by running the command:
                    - ./simplewallet
          - follow the instructions in order to Generate a new wallet by giving a wallet file name and password
          - finally, inside simplewallet’s command line program, start mining B1tes by running the following command:
                    - start_mining        
Pages:
Jump to: