Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Binary-Chain - VeriCoin and Verium - The First Dual-Blockchain Protocol - page 23. (Read 47625 times)

Activity: 839
Merit: 267
Chad Hodler since 2013
How to mine this coin Huh
Cannot find the miner anywhere.

I guess every cpu miner will do that supports the "scrypt" algo. I don't know the best for VRM but I do use this (Windows):

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Anybody else get forked when difficulty went below 0.03 on Christmas Eve? 

Was thinking it was a Christmas Miracle had staked like 2000 or so, however experience has shown me that I was off on my own fork and then block explorers confirmed it for me.

And wouldn't you know it, everything was closed on Christmas day, meaning the quick download of the whole chain bootstrap.

This morning bootstrap downloaded only to find most of my VRC appears to be missing, so left it re-scanning this morning plan to check on it at lunch, fingers crossed...

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
is it still possible to purchase vericoin through PayPal via the wallet?
not seeing an option...

No, that's not an option. Most of vericoin volume is on Bittrex and Poloniex exchanges. You can also use the shapeshift app to get vericoin.

thanks for the information!
much obliged
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
not seeing an option...

No, that's not an option. Most of vericoin volume is on Bittrex and Poloniex exchanges. You can also use the shapeshift app to get vericoin.
Activity: 22
This coin will go big like it did in the past.
Activity: 1067
Merit: 501
whether the verium will be fully decentralized, whether pool mines will participate in mining so far Huh  Cool
not seeing an option...
Is this the currently the most profitable CPU mining coin? I can't find any mining calculators for CPU coins.

VRM is for mining, VRC staking

Well mining of Verium was pretty much done 6 months ago for anyone with a personal computer or a hive of computers, now it's up to the massive server farms on pool mining.

No one knows if this currency will go anywhere, but if you want in I suggest you just buy your stake and cold storage it on a clean PC/laptop

There are still people with normal computers that are mining. Mostly if the computer is always on anyway. You dont earn alot but it is enough to cover CPU electricity, and if Verium rises it will be a good investment.
Also there are people setting up farms of thoose small machines (XU4?), so it is still good. As it is only CPU it is easier for "normal" users to mine, and keeping it decentralized. At least if they spread the hash on different pools.

I've got just one such rigs of xu4's as built in very easy to follow instructions on steemit.
as of yet have not scored any blocks, although my setup was incorrect and now in for round two of the blockchain download. awaiting more SBC's for miners to increase hashrate as well.
hoping for success, if not, at least i gained some SBC & linux knowledge for a lot less then a course!!!!
Activity: 8
How to mine this coin Huh
Cannot find the miner anywhere.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
Is this the currently the most profitable CPU mining coin? I can't find any mining calculators for CPU coins.

Well mining of Verium was pretty much done 6 months ago for anyone with a personal computer or a hive of computers, now it's up to the massive server farms on pool mining.

No one knows if this currency will go anywhere, but if you want in I suggest you just buy your stake and cold storage it on a clean PC/laptop

There are still people with normal computers that are mining. Mostly if the computer is always on anyway. You dont earn alot but it is enough to cover CPU electricity, and if Verium rises it will be a good investment.
Also there are people setting up farms of thoose small machines (XU4?), so it is still good. As it is only CPU it is easier for "normal" users to mine, and keeping it decentralized. At least if they spread the hash on different pools.
Activity: 10
Hi Vericoin team,

since the Vericoin Forums are down for maintenance I'd like to ask here:
I'm staking with the Vericoin wallet, this works fine.
Now, can I double (more or less) my interests if I run the same wallet (=same private keys) on a second PC?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Activity: 577
Merit: 500
Shine Like The Sun

Activity: 1
Hey
I have problem with verium vault sync. It's been 3 hours, but only 5%. Connection is ok.
Tried to reload, but there is error "ERROR: download ended prematurely"
Any suggestions guys?
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
The timing of the Gemini wallet development is shaping up to be ideal.  If BTC and BCH continue their hostilities I think eventually there will be suggestions of a dual wallet for BTC.  Something akin to the verium/vericoin wallet will be seen as a possible solution.  In fact, instead of combining with BCH, core could even release a PoS fork and do it themselves as a stop gap measure.  As I've said before the exact way this project impacts the crypto community is impossible to predict, but I think the impact will be significant.

By the way, it might be good to reconsider using the name "Gemini" for the wallet.  The twin concept is perfect but unfortunately the name is already associated with the Winklevoss exchange.  My guess is Gemini will eventually be one of the two largest exchanges, so using the same name will cause some confusion (although that could be a good thing under certain circumstances).
Activity: 22
Will 2018 be like 2014? I see this coin doing REALLY well. It has always been solid.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
The project really looks promising, because it looks like it really is the first protocol with two block chains.
Certainly, many are interested in investing in this project. What kind of prospects do you see in a year! 95% do not survive in the market!

Its a good thing that Vericoin is a "old" coin then Smiley The team has expanded and they got two chains now so some parts are newer.

It is just so hard to wait for the dual chain, then the current price will be something we could only dream of buying at.
Activity: 66
Merit: 3
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Hi Dears!
i have a problem with vericoin wallet and verium vault and it cannot get a connection!
Waiting for a network connection....
 Embarrassed Embarrassed

File > Reload Blockchain and click replace conf file
Activity: 1
Hi Dears!
i have a problem with vericoin wallet and verium vault and it cannot get a connection!
Waiting for a network connection....
 Embarrassed Embarrassed
Pages:
Jump to: