Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN ~BINARY~[BIC] Scrypt | 15 sec blocks | 84M coins | Binarycoin *REVIVED* - page 3. (Read 15802 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 506
Coderz of the Crypto variety

can ask for a bootstrap? please... my internet is unstable... thank you.

Absolutely, Will provide you a bootstrap link within a few a hours (~2GB Chain to upload)
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Good news! Check your wallet again, should be syncing! I had 4/7 nodes just stall out and the other 3 VPS servers just restarted without ever notifying me...

Needless to say I've remedied the situation and got our nodes back online.
Please advise for any further issues!

can ask for a bootstrap? please... my internet is unstable... thank you.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Good news! Check your wallet again, should be syncing! I had 4/7 nodes just stall out and the other 3 VPS servers just restarted without ever notifying me...

Yeah that worked now. It started downloading blocks.
Thanks a lot

No rush. Smiley
Take your time

Thank you, this is probably what I get for staying up late working on stuff.
The rest of the team is always on me about it.

Well going to get some rest and correct this.
Platonic had no problem after re-run. BIC keeps losing connection to the nodes. It connects to them and the it loses connection rinse repeat

Okay well I feel dumb... sigh*

Please allow me some time to correct all of this.
Going to fix this by tomorrow morning.

No rush. Smiley
Take your time
Platonic had no problem after re-run. BIC keeps losing connection to the nodes. It connects to them and the it loses connection rinse repeat

Okay well I feel dumb... sigh*

Please allow me some time to correct all of this.
Going to fix this by tomorrow morning.

I see it happening to mine as well now...
Will roll the github back to the previous 0.6.4.1 and get you guys back up and rolling.

Yeah you were right they both sync now. Is platonic mineable? If so are there any pools?

EDIT: Nope BIC lost all the connections again.

Goodness gracious lol, re-run BIC one more time, make sure it's not being blocked by your firewall as well as just like Platonic BIC should sync (tested on two system Win7 and Win10 just not to verify core functionality of the client I linked you (0.6.4.1) and it does sync after initial re-run.

Yeah you were right they both sync now. Is platonic mineable? If so are there any pools?

Goodness gracious lol, re-run BIC one more time, make sure it's not being blocked by your firewall as well as just like Platonic BIC should sync (tested on two system Win7 and Win10 just to verify core functionality of the client I linked you (0.6.4.1) and it does sync after initial re-run.

EDIT: To answer about the other Project, it is not mineable, the original devs mined it 100% and it is PoS from that point on so now it's really just a PoS and stake system. Please though, if at all possible please keep Platonic questions on its respective thread for simplicity (I'm headed there now to check)
For some reason i get 0 connections to the network both on BIC and Platonic. I checked the app data folder and they both have a premade conf file with nodes added.

If it's your initial run go ahead an re-start the client.
It won't read the config file during initial first time run and relies on a pushback codes in the init.cpp to connect to the nodes (which for some people seems to not always work)

Go ahead and close, then re-open the client. You should start syncing immediately
Can practically put a stamp on that.

For some reason i get 0 connections to the network both on BIC and Platonic. I checked the app data folder and they both have a premade conf file with nodes added.

If it's your initial run go ahead an re-start the client.
It won't read the config file during initial first time run and relies on a pushback codes in the init.cpp to connect to the nodes (which for some people seems to not always work)

Go ahead and close, then re-open the client. You should start syncing immediately
Can practically put a stamp on that.

No problem. Is there an IRC channel for BIC?

There was at one point but if it still exists or its condition is completely unkown by us at this time.
On the cryptocoderz.com site though there is a chat built into the site and a binarycoin room for community members to lounge in.
I know it's not the same as an IRC with a tipping bot but one step at a time.

Well my FTP client cut the upload off early... Didnt for all the other coins we support with auto-installers, just of course this one lol. (fixing this now, will have it re-uploaded latest within 6 hours)

"it says integrity check failed. common causes are incomplete download and damage media"

re redoanload it 4x but it doesn't work. can you give me a link?  Smiley

Well that's unnerving. Here is a direct link to the client, simply rename the .txt to .exe and run the client Smiley
STANDALONE CLIENT

https://gyazo.com/dd4a51d512f5d006b07c46cdb392c426
Got this after downloading and trying to install the wallet

THANK YOU FOR THE PIC!!! Re-compiling the installer, excuse the mistake I must have cut it off prematurely some how!
In the meantime please feel free to use the standalone client, just remember to grab the repaired auto-updating client later if you'd like to not have to worry about phased out clients later in developement.

simply rename the .txt to .exe and run the client Smiley
STANDALONE CLIENT

No problem. Is there an IRC channel for BIC?

"it says integrity check failed. common causes are incomplete download and damage media"

Well that's unnerving. Here is a direct link to the client, simply rename the .txt to .exe and run the client Smiley
STANDALONE CLIENT

THANK YOU FOR THE PIC!!! Re-compiling the installer, excuse the mistake I must have cut it off prematurely some how!
In the meantime please feel free to use the standalone client, just remember to grab the repaired auto-updating client later if you'd like to not have to worry about phased out clients later in developement.

simply rename the .txt to .exe and run the client Smiley
STANDALONE CLIENT
can you give a copy of installer. it always says it has an error.  Embarrassed

Sure we can provide you with a standalone client link if you'd like or simply uninstall and re-install the client and run it (it initially runs an update to verify the procedure is working)

Just as an explaination:  cLient_Runner_B.exe runs the getVer.exe which is in the installed APPDATA directory under CryptoCoderz/BIC-Client, getVer reaches out to cryptocoderz.com (coded with IP instead of domain name) and gravs a version txt which it reads from to determine whether or not to download a new client.

Please provide any errors you are experiencing to us we will remedy them! We want a flawless working system.

same here

Sure we can provide you with a standalone client link if you'd like or simply uninstall and re-install the client and run it (it initially runs an update to verify the procedure is working)

Just as an explaination:  cLient_Runner_B.exe runs the getVer.exe which is in the installed APPDATA directory under CryptoCoderz/BIC-Client, getVer reaches out to cryptocoderz.com (coded with IP instead of domain name) and gravs a version txt which it reads from to determine whether or not to download a new client.

Please provide any errors you are experiencing to us we will remedy them! We want a flawless working system.

can you give a copy of installer. it always says it has an error.  Embarrassed
Pages:
Jump to: