Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 11. (Read 703509 times)

Activity: 315
Merit: 120
Bitcoin Cash was cool for a minute. But it became less cool when they kept hard-forking. Anybody else feel this way?   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
How much is maximum supply of bcha?

AFAIK, its the exact same as it is for Bitcoin, which is very slightly less than 21 million. I've been watching BCHA and can't help but wonder if its going to grow into its own thing at some point. Who knows what the fair price for it is as there's barely any exchange or merchant support.
Activity: 374
Merit: 101
I am a student
How much is maximum supply of bcha?
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
...snip...

I can see why you felt the importance of pointing this out.

Now that these forks/counterfeits/competing versions are out there, isn't the 'ugly' scenario Satoshi referred to,  virtually inevitable in the long-run ?

The problem (probably unforseen) has always been that a fork effectively creates a large number of holders with a significant stake in supporting both chains, in the same way that airdrops kick start projects. I'm not sure how that can be democratically mitigated.

It is inevitable in the long-run and cannot be democratically mitigated. That is exactly what satoshi meant with the last two sentences in that quote.

Again, this is why all Bitcoin forks are counterfeit derivatives of original bitcoin (BTC).

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_(finance)

Excerpt quote; "In finance, a derivative is a contract that derives its value from the performance of an underlying entity ..."

One cannot simply split from the underlying asset and expect the value to gain above the underlying and majority consensus.

The 'fallout' in this regard will always be worse for the split chain. Hence, 'ugly'.

/\BTI is the only original fork with real use case ~ all these billionare scumbags riding coattails on our success make me laugh! :-D *good to see you bud!*

I am a student
 My bch stuck at paper ,  how can i sweep it when network has two chain also unstable and may i lose it
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
...snip...

Now that these forks/counterfeits/competing versions are out there, isn't the 'ugly' scenario Satoshi referred to,  virtually inevitable in the long-run ?

The problem (probably unforseen) has always been that a fork effectively creates a large number of holders with a significant stake in supporting both chains, in the same way that airdrops kick start projects. I'm not sure how that can be democratically mitigated.

It is inevitable in the long-run and cannot be democratically mitigated. That is exactly what satoshi meant with the last two sentences in that quote.

Again, this is why all Bitcoin forks are counterfeit derivatives of original bitcoin (BTC).

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_(finance)

Excerpt quote; "In finance, a derivative is a contract that derives its value from the performance of an underlying entity ..."

One cannot simply split from the underlying asset and expect the value to gain above the underlying and majority consensus.

The 'fallout' in this regard will always be worse for the split chain. Hence, 'ugly'.
Activity: 84
Merit: 12
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
All Bitcoin forks are counterfeit derivatives of original bitcoin (BTC).

Including, Bitcoin Cash, BCH, BCHN, BCHA, ABC, BSV etc.

A second version would be a massive development and maintenance hassle for me.  It's hard enough maintaining backward compatibility while upgrading the network without a second version locking things in.  If the second version screwed up, the user experience would reflect badly on both, although it would at least reinforce to users the importance of staying with the official version.  If someone was getting ready to fork a second version, I would have to air a lot of disclaimers about the risks of using a minority version.  This is a design where the majority version wins if there's any disagreement, and that can be pretty ugly for the minority version and I'd rather not go into it, and I don't have to as long as there's only one version.

I know, most developers don't like their software forked, but I have real technical reasons in this case.

...snip...

Bitcoin is BTC at https://bitcoin.org

Now that these forks/counterfeits/competing versions are out there, isn't the 'ugly' scenario Satoshi referred to,  virtually inevitable in the long-run ?

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

A second version would be a massive development and maintenance hassle for me.  It's hard enough maintaining backward compatibility while upgrading the network without a second version locking things in.  If the second version screwed up, the user experience would reflect badly on both, although it would at least reinforce to users the importance of staying with the official version.  If someone was getting ready to fork a second version, I would have to air a lot of disclaimers about the risks of using a minority version.  This is a design where the majority version wins if there's any disagreement, and that can be pretty ugly for the minority version and I'd rather not go into it, and I don't have to as long as there's only one version.

I know, most developers don't like their software forked, but I have real technical reasons in this case.

...snip...

That is a significant quote you found.

It underlines the nature and concept of the digital currency projects.  It also indirectly indicates the importance of BCH, giving a democratic choice, like a free vote, and political opposition.

There is always some probability that any project (even BTC) will fail , but of course, the larger the community, the less likely that is.

Even governments could well see some potential usefulness (to them) of independent digital currencies, and there is no telling which one they may choose to back (for whatever reason), giving a range of possible negative or positive consequences.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
So basically Amaury just killed the golden goose and is now busy searching for the remaining golden eggs inside those measly 7 blocks since the fork.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
We all wondered what would happen with 'competing implementations' and this is doing an admirable job of informing us. It continues squabbling and splintering until it's an absolute laughable irrelevance.

Cheers, guys.

is this, like, paycoin 2.0 ? only slimier?
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
We all wondered what would happen with 'competing implementations' and this is doing an admirable job of informing us. It continues squabbling and splintering until it's an absolute laughable irrelevance.

Cheers, guys.

And yes, it all started with 'devs' wanting / allowing them to be 'better' than Satoshi, ... or Gavin

None of them really made deep efforts to see and understand what was initial deliverd - and why
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht

Cheers, guys.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 2078
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

...snip...

AAAannnd the only Satoshi compatible version is?     - not SegWitbtc   - sorry
Since when did you get appointed Satoshi's spokeswoman?
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale

...snip...

AAAannnd the only Satoshi compatible version is?     - not SegWitbtc   - sorry
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

...snip...

I am a student
Do you think after airdrop BCHA ,  we will see alot of bcha sell orders?
I am a student
Is there any info how much is maximum BCHA?
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
Follow live: https://cash.coin.dance/

Should take a few days. Some exchanges have already split both - Depends on exchanges.

During the morning hours before fork activation, the crypto trading exchange Coinex changed the futures market from BCHN and BCHA to BCH and BCHA to represent the split. At the time of publication, spot prices for Bitcoin Cash (BCH) on Coinex are $243 per unit while ABC’s airdrop token is $15.82 per unit. On Poloniex the ABC airdrop is swapping for $14 against USDT pairs, and on Coinflex ABC is trading for $11 per unit.

Dang. ABC really shot themselves in the foot here... I absolutely have to wonder: what were they thinking?? What good is getting 8% of miner rewards per block going to be if the total miner reward per block is only worth $100?

Well its good for about $8, I guess.

I followed that cash.coin.dance site during the BSV split -- they did a good job at keeping track of the war. This time around something peculiar has happened: the incumbent party (ABC) has stopped producing blocks! ABC only produced 3 blocks since block #661650. I know they have some sort of auto-difficulty adjustment mechanism in place to prevent them from never producing another block again (due to the lingering high difficulty pre-split), but as of right now they are literally 39 blocks behind BCHN.
Activity: 84
Merit: 12
How long take bch fork  Huh

Follow live: https://cash.coin.dance/

Should take a few days. Some exchanges have already split both - Depends on exchanges.

During the morning hours before fork activation, the crypto trading exchange Coinex changed the futures market from BCHN and BCHA to BCH and BCHA to represent the split. At the time of publication, spot prices for Bitcoin Cash (BCH) on Coinex are $243 per unit while ABC’s airdrop token is $15.82 per unit. On Poloniex the ABC airdrop is swapping for $14 against USDT pairs, and on Coinflex ABC is trading for $11 per unit.
Pages:
Jump to: