Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 565. (Read 704412 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
It is very foolish, to not have double the amount of BCH which you have BTC. If you have 1 BTC, you should own 2 BCH. That is my humble opinion. I have a feeling, there will be a flippening at some point. You don't want to sit on zero BCH. When that happens, it will go QUICK, even maybe in one day or just a few hours. It is my prediction, coming right out of my a** of course but hey... one can always dream.  Lips sealed Cheesy
While the B2X fighting over which one is real the Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash will the winner for the easy gain from confusing users leaving those. No, BTG won't have a pie in this.
Activity: 350
Activity: 272
Merit: 102
Millionaire
what if the real bitcoin is BCH, and the current bitcoin is just something unstable and have a strong love of giving birth to new babies all the time.

wow, according to the whitepaper and the real application of coins. people will preper bch due to its stability

a promising coin
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2386
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

Dear GDAX Customer,

We wanted to remind you that the upcoming Bitcoin Segwit2x hard fork is projected to take place on November 16 and will result in two bitcoin blockchains.

Following the fork:
GDAX will continue referring to the current bitcoin blockchain as Bitcoin with ticker BTC and the forked blockchain as Bitcoin2x with ticker B2X.
GDAX will disable deposits and withdrawals for Bitcoin (BTC) approximately 24 hours before the fork and re-enable 24-48 hours after the fork for both Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin2x (B2X).
GDAX will enable trading of both BTC and B2X within 4 hours of the fork.
Any customer storing Bitcoin (BTC) on GDAX at the time of the fork will be credited with an equal amount of the Bitcoin2x (B2X) asset on the Bitcoin2x blockchain.

If the Bitcoin2x blockchain becomes the chain with the most accumulated difficulty, and the chains are in a stable state, we will consider renaming it to Bitcoin and send an additional communication at that time. We will consider other factors such as market cap, community support, etc to determine stability. We will start evaluating this 2 weeks after the fork.

For a detailed timeline of events surrounding the fork please see our blog post and FAQ.

Thank you,
GDAX Team

You're receiving this update because you have an open GDAX account.
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Message from Coinbase:
 November 16 will result 2 bitcoin blockchains.

Any user storing Bitcoin on Coinbase at the time of the fork will be credited with an equal amount of the new Bitcoin2x asset on the Bitcoin2x blockchain. No action is required - we will automatically credit your account. If you have 5 Bitcoin stored on Coinbase before the fork, you will have 5 Bitcoin and 5 Bitcoin2x following the event.

What about BCH After the fork ?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Exactly. BCH = The real "Bitcoin" which follows Satoshi's whitepaper.

i also remember things like 1 cpu equalling 1 vote.

that certainly is the case with bch but i assume satoshi was hoping it was gonna be 1 cpu per user too.

and that good old decentralization stuff made an appearance in the white paper too. i can't see too much of that these days.
Activity: 70
Is the price spike due to the hard fork coming up in November?

Its because of the Code change and the fact people are starting to see BTC is not the real bitcoin.

So what is the real Bitcoin? Bitcoin Cash? Why is that and what about this code?

Is Bitcoin cash about to explode this month?

Bitcoin Cash did not Segwit like BTC.

The real Bitcoin follows the original white paper.

Exactly. BCH = The real "Bitcoin" which follows Satoshi's whitepaper.

BTC has just become the corporate thugs ATM machine with surge pricing in fees like Uber. BCH is the peoples Bitcoin as it was originally white papered as Peer to peer cash. BTC is a corporate piggy bank.

Its because of the Code change and the fact people are starting to see BTC is not the real bitcoin.

So what is the real Bitcoin? Bitcoin Cash? Why is that and what about this code?

Bitcoin Cash did not Segwit like BTC.

The real Bitcoin follows the original white paper.
Activity: 173
Merit: 11

Activity: 518
Merit: 251
Hello. Bye.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Nice BCH price movement.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight

Also relevant:

i sure he hope he doesn't have external investors. if i was one of them i'd go round his place and kick him until he was dead for risking my money like that.

You may wish to examine if perhaps you may be mistaken as to which will prove to be the more significant Bitcoin in the long run.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

Relevant:

Jiang Zhuoer, founder of the world's third-largest mining pool, BTC.Top, for example, isn't shy about his opinion on bitcoin's upcoming Segwit2x fork, the third this year following bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold.

But Zhuoer, whose pool serves 12.4 percent of the world's bitcoin miners, appears to already be personally embracing alternatives, even after signing an agreement that might suggest his preference would be otherwise.

He told CoinDesk:

"To be honest, I do not care about bitcoin now, bitcoin cash is bitcoin. I earn by mining bitcoin, [selling it] and buying bitcoin cash. We mine for the most profit and buy bitcoin cash."

* jawdrop *

i sure he hope he doesn't have external investors. if i was one of them i'd go round his place and kick him until he was dead for risking my money like that.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
Zcash is dogshit, the most corporate coin I've ever seen, worse still if appears to be developed under the watchful eye of the Israeli Mossad...

https://www.coindesk.com/split-no-split-bitcoin-miners-see-no-certainty-segwit2x-fork/

Relevant:

Jiang Zhuoer, founder of the world's third-largest mining pool, BTC.Top, for example, isn't shy about his opinion on bitcoin's upcoming Segwit2x fork, the third this year following bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold.

But Zhuoer, whose pool serves 12.4 percent of the world's bitcoin miners, appears to already be personally embracing alternatives, even after signing an agreement that might suggest his preference would be otherwise.

He told CoinDesk:

"To be honest, I do not care about bitcoin now, bitcoin cash is bitcoin. I earn by mining bitcoin, [selling it] and buying bitcoin cash. We mine for the most profit and buy bitcoin cash."

* jawdrop *
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
I am not the wisest of you all, all im saying is that the usage of BCH is mainly speculative, whereas in Zcash you can some organic healthy usage and price ups/downs.

Soooooo....... you're saying that zcash is not used for speculation?

Frankly, I find your analysis unpersuasive, but that's OK.
Activity: 468
Merit: 250
Happy to see gradually BCH prices continue to rise, I still be patient and keep because I bought when the price is 0.12 btc or more than $ 500 (september), and if the conversion to bitcoin price then ideally priced at $ 740.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
I really believed in BCH and I was like "this is the new bitcoin". But now I think I am very vrong. Its not really used anywhere, Zcash has almost the same functionality. What I believe is that people want BCH up because they have a lot of money invested in it, or that they want to battle bitcoin. These recent swings are all only pumps from Bithumb. Have you seen the trading volumes there ?
The day (17 oct) BCH raised from 307 to nearly 390 there was nearly 400milion trade volume on Bithumb, when normally there was around 100-200milion.
Code:
https://imgur.com/a/fSJBV
Then it dropped again (23 oct) to 310 again. After that we could see again decrease in trading volume. And now ? from 29 oct to now its above 400million each day, capping at 1BILION on 30-31 oct.

I am not saying that market cap is all, but you can see majority of price volume is coming from Korea where they are trying to manipulate the price. I suggest keeping some money in there but you cant really be sure what is going to happen with that currency.
I am not the wisest of you all, all im saying is that the usage of BCH is mainly speculative, whereas in Zcash you can some organic healthy usage and price ups/downs.

It has been noticed that when there are big pumps coming from Korea that roger's tweets are also from Korea where they are usually from Japan coincidence much  Roll Eyes
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I really believed in BCH and I was like "this is the new bitcoin". But now I think I am very vrong. Its not really used anywhere, Zcash has almost the same functionality. What I believe is that people want BCH up because they have a lot of money invested in it, or that they want to battle bitcoin. These recent swings are all only pumps from Bithumb. Have you seen the trading volumes there ?
The day (17 oct) BCH raised from 307 to nearly 390 there was nearly 400milion trade volume on Bithumb, when normally there was around 100-200milion.
Code:
https://imgur.com/a/fSJBV
Then it dropped again (23 oct) to 310 again. After that we could see again decrease in trading volume. And now ? from 29 oct to now its above 400million each day, capping at 1BILION on 30-31 oct.

I am not saying that market cap is all, but you can see majority of price volume is coming from Korea where they are trying to manipulate the price. I suggest keeping some money in there but you cant really be sure what is going to happen with that currency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
"At press time, the bitcoin cash-U.S. dollar (BCH/USD) exchange rate hit a four-day high of $505.90 on the day's trading, before dipping lower to $487.47. As per CoinMarketCap, the cryptocurrency has witnessed a 9 percent gain in value over the last 24 hours.
Possibly driving the rally, Bitcoin ABC – the most widely used version of the bitcoin cash software – released upgrade 0.16.0 today, with changes to come into effect via a hard fork on Nov. 13. Meant to ease economic concerns with its mining network, the code was announced yesterday to a mixed reaction from investors and enthusiasts."

Seen at: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-cash-outlook-improves-traders-greet-new-code-release/
Jump to: