Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 708. (Read 704406 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 154
At the rate this is going there will be another difficulty adjust in a few days making this unprofitable again but dont worry Jihan will call his miners off to force it down again just keep repeating that winning formula
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
 Cool
"Is MGT mining BCC? No. Today, as expected, with block 481124, the BCC mining difficulty quadrupled. No one can turn a profit at that level." -McAfee Aug 22nd

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/900130408775417856

How about now?    Grin

A perfect ebb and flow?  This on the surface looks like horrible news to the casual drive by.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Sooo, a long time passed, whats the general consensus about the Electron Cash wallet? I really want to use it but was afraid because of the statements from Electrum about not endorsing it etc.
Is it safe and good to use?

I used it to claim my BCH and transfer them to an exchange to get rid of them.  I imported my private keys into Electron Cash from my BTC wallet, AFTER I transferred all of the BTC out of that wallet on the main chain.  The Electron Cash wallet worked for that purpose.  I haven't used it since I saw the transactions hit the exchange.

If you already use Electrum as your BTC wallet, Electron Cash WILL pull up your existing wallet.dat, so you will have to be more careful.  It MIGHT even pull up your BTC (core) wallet.dat, so it really is best to get it on a new computer.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Sooo, a long time passed, whats the general consensus about the Electron Cash wallet? I really want to use it but was afraid because of the statements from Electrum about not endorsing it etc.
Is it safe and good to use?
Segwit now active on BTC! Still 37k unconfirmed transactions though
40,000 it appears to be losing ground by about 2k for the short time I've been watching.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
Also meant to be a temporary scaling solution until LN which is still a long time away. So we're supposed to deal with these slow and expensive transactions until then?

Suck it up, buttercup. The next transaction fee you pay will probably the cheapest you will ever pay in the future for an on-chain transaction. At least on the core chain. It can only climb from here on out. Careful what you wish for.
Crashing now. I predict < $240 on monday night.  Wink
Bitcoin is always the King. Sorry guys  Kiss

Roger Ver has deep pockets. By Monday, the next difficulty adjustment will arrive and it will be a jolt upward. If the Bitcoin Cash supporters want to keep the miners interested, they better put up the buy support. Many of these miners are going to move on if they don't see a sustained and healthy profit margin. Wu will probably still be propping this baby up though with his magical mystery miners.

Yes but even if Roger Ver has deep pockets, this is probably a market that goes even beyond his pockets. I doubt he is sitting on several billions. And slowly but surely, that is becoming the amount to seriously move BCH up and down and play all others. Who knows which type of people also joined the BCH party.

From the very first release of bitcoin cash, lots of people joined the party, including the hard BTC supporters just in order to make some profit from BCH manipulation. The price is fluctuating in BCH, allowing traders to make good profit.

Sure, but BCH is a highly speculative asset. More speculative than BTC imo. BTC is quite a solid bet, but I guess you'll all attack me now and explain the opposite Cheesy

I agree mostly, with the only caveat being that the way BTC had been defined now has been redefined it has been changed dramatically on many levels, and for that it is slightly less a sure bet than if it had not changed.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

I think SegWit is meant more for enabling the Lightning Network, than a standalone solution for Bitcoin scaling.

Also meant to be a temporary scaling solution until LN which is still a long time away. So we're supposed to deal with these slow and expensive transactions until then?
Activity: 643
Merit: 501
Crypto Mentat

I think SegWit is meant more for enabling the Lightning Network, than a standalone solution for Bitcoin scaling.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
Crashing now. I predict < $240 on monday night.  Wink
Bitcoin is always the King. Sorry guys  Kiss

Roger Ver has deep pockets. By Monday, the next difficulty adjustment will arrive and it will be a jolt upward. If the Bitcoin Cash supporters want to keep the miners interested, they better put up the buy support. Many of these miners are going to move on if they don't see a sustained and healthy profit margin. Wu will probably still be propping this baby up though with his magical mystery miners.

Yes but even if Roger Ver has deep pockets, this is probably a market that goes even beyond his pockets. I doubt he is sitting on several billions. And slowly but surely, that is becoming the amount to seriously move BCH up and down and play all others. Who knows which type of people also joined the BCH party.

From the very first release of bitcoin cash, lots of people joined the party, including the hard BTC supporters just in order to make some profit from BCH manipulation. The price is fluctuating in BCH, allowing traders to make good profit.

Sure, but BCH is a highly speculative asset. More speculative than BTC imo. BTC is quite a solid bet, but I guess you'll all attack me now and explain the opposite Cheesy
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Activity: 98
Just what.... Exactly.... Do you think his patent filings cover? The fundamental underpinnings of all contemporary cryptocurrencies? Get a grip. That ship sailed years ago. You can't patent something already in the public domain.

Just no.

I don't disagree that patents won't stop the endless flow of shitcoins.

Doesn't mean people aren't trying.
legendary
It comes down to this, if he ultimately isn't satoshi, can't prove anything, and ergo has no chance at having his patents approved,

Just no. CSW's ability to successfully register his patents is completely orthogonal to whether or not he is satoshi. No dependency whatsoever.

No dependency whatsoever?

Just no. In a logical, just world, it is necessary. Yes, it is possible that strings could be pulled by government agencies to allow him to have the patents without proof of being Satoshi, but you know damn well in such a scenario there will be legal action against Craig and people will cry bloody murder.

Just what.... Exactly.... Do you think his patent filings cover? The fundamental underpinnings of all contemporary cryptocurrencies? Get a grip. That ship sailed years ago. You can't patent something already in the public domain.

Just no.
http://fork.lol/

Forecasts on what that ^ might look like in a month?
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
Activity: 448
Merit: 265
miners back to bch again ?  Huh, why just they move and move hahaha , its ridiculous
Activity: 98
It comes down to this, if he ultimately isn't satoshi, can't prove anything, and ergo has no chance at having his patents approved,

Just no. CSW's ability to successfully register his patents is completely orthogonal to whether or not he is satoshi. No dependency whatsoever.

No dependency whatsoever?

Just no. In a logical, just world, it is necessary. Yes, it is possible that strings could be pulled by government agencies to allow him to have the patents without proof of being Satoshi, but you know damn well in such a scenario there will be legal action against Craig and people will cry bloody murder.
legendary
So three days boom, three days bust. Is that the cycle?

No. Difficulty and price will both stairstep to stability.
legendary
So every miner in the entire world all came to the same decision at the same time

Profitability flipped back to BTC, so miners switched back to mining the more profitable chain. What's so hard to understand?

After profitability switches back to Bitcoin Cash, I expect miners to return.

It's all quite simple and logical.
legendary

Jump to: