Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 877. (Read 704387 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
As the difficulty will be changed to 1/6 of the current Bitcoin difficulty, I think that many miners with old asic will be able to mine this again.

"REQ-7 Difficulty adjustement in case of hashrate drop

In case the MTP of the tip of the chain is 12h or more after the MTP 6 block before the tip, the proof of work target is increased by a quarter, or 25%, which corresponds to a difficulty reduction of 20% .

RATIONALE: The hashrate supporting the chain is dependent on market price and hard to predict. In order to make sure the chain remains viable no matter what difficulty needs to adjust down in case of abrupt hashrate drop."

Any idea where I can mine this coin right away?
Any pools?

VIABTC for sure.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
As the difficulty will be changed to 1/6 of the current Bitcoin difficulty, I think that many miners with old asic will be able to mine this again.

"REQ-7 Difficulty adjustement in case of hashrate drop

In case the MTP of the tip of the chain is 12h or more after the MTP 6 block before the tip, the proof of work target is increased by a quarter, or 25%, which corresponds to a difficulty reduction of 20% .

RATIONALE: The hashrate supporting the chain is dependent on market price and hard to predict. In order to make sure the chain remains viable no matter what difficulty needs to adjust down in case of abrupt hashrate drop."

Any idea where I can mine this coin right away?
Any pools?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
If I have BTC on my local wallet (Bitcoin Core v0.14.2) what should I do?

After the fork is confirmed to have happened, send your BTC to a different address, for security. Then import the private keys that had bitcoin into a BCC compatible wallet.

I agreed security is everything with cryto currencies. Always take precautions with your money.
legendary

After the fork is confirmed to have happened, send your BTC to a different address, for security. Then import the private keys that had bitcoin into a BCC compatible wallet.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
safest plan right now is to transfer btc to different reliable altcoins. Tether, monero, litecoin, dash are all good options

but then you wont be credited Bitcoin Cash.
Activity: 308
Merit: 112
28 btc on polo available at 5 percent wow loan shark
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
I'm ready to see nice bloodbath with this coin. 0.12BTC is too high still. 0.01 maybe but more like 0.001

Bitcoin Civil War!
legendary
Activity: 1582
www.neutroncoin.com
Yobit is trading BCC at the moment around $343.
legendary
Anyone here manage to secure a BTC loan on Poloniex? Seems there are no BTC to lend anymore
Just checked. There is 5 BTC available. Hurry!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Anyone here manage to secure a BTC loan on Poloniex? Seems there are no BTC to lend anymore
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
How is this any different from the federal reserve printing off money when ever a crisis arises? In seeking to preserve the core values of BTC this fork is doing the opposite by shattering the virtue of a capped supply and doubling it over night.

The key difference is that when the Federal Reserve prints dollars, existing holders don't automatically receive extra dollars.  All else equal, such a maneuver reduces the purchasing power of each dollar, and therefore, the stored wealth of each holder of dollars.

For the Bitcoin hardfork, while both BCH and BTC will have less value than the bitcoins we have today, every bitcoin holder will automatically have the same amount of BCH and of BTC after the fork and so will maintain their purchasing power.

Why should BTC lose value if a new currency gives out free coins in 1:1 ratio of the BTC you have? It can even make BTC more valuable as many people will try to sell their free BCH coins for BTC so the demand of BTC will grow what will result in a raise of the price Wink

There were other Alt-Coins release with free airdrops and i don't think that any of them affected the value of BTC in anyway Wink

This is buried in the "all else equal" qualifier.  With this assumption I aim to compare current and near-future prices.

Every bitcoin today is effectively 1 BTC and 1 BCH stuck together.  The current bitcoin price is the value the market ascribes to this package.  I do not value 1 BTC more highly than 1 BTC and 1 BCH and I certainly do not expect the market to do so.  The same logic applies to airdrops.

Now, it may well be that 1 BTC next week will fetch more USD in the market than a bitcoin today, but this just typical market price volatility, volatility to which this noise and excitement will have contributed.
I think 1 second after the btc holders are credited the bit coin cash a lot will look to sell bitcoin none will look to buy bit coin if you going to buy bitcoin you do,it,before 1220 utc time,and initial drop is,a,given right after the fork but how far is any,ones guess then again on yo bit it appears,bit coin didn't drop after the bitmcash distribution if in fact bit cash has been distributed on yo,bit
Something that doesn't yet even exist (!), is already 'worth' several hundreds of bucks

Zcash was similarly valued shortly before it launched.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
How is this any different from the federal reserve printing off money when ever a crisis arises? In seeking to preserve the core values of BTC this fork is doing the opposite by shattering the virtue of a capped supply and doubling it over night.

The key difference is that when the Federal Reserve prints dollars, existing holders don't automatically receive extra dollars.  All else equal, such a maneuver reduces the purchasing power of each dollar, and therefore, the stored wealth of each holder of dollars.

For the Bitcoin hardfork, while both BCH and BTC will have less value than the bitcoins we have today, every bitcoin holder will automatically have the same amount of BCH and of BTC after the fork and so will maintain their purchasing power.

Why should BTC lose value if a new currency gives out free coins in 1:1 ratio of the BTC you have? It can even make BTC more valuable as many people will try to sell their free BCH coins for BTC so the demand of BTC will grow what will result in a raise of the price Wink

There were other Alt-Coins release with free airdrops and i don't think that any of them affected the value of BTC in anyway Wink
legendary
Activity: 895
hello i have an question that how to collect BCC in my local bitcoin wallet

i need an tutorial
Satoshi recommended that you should never destroy a private key. Never know if someone might send you a gift.

Yes.  Here's the quote.

The person who originally sent the broken transactions deleted his wallet
Sigh... why delete a wallet instead of moving it aside and keeping the old copy just in case?  You should never delete a wallet.
Not if there bitcoins on coinbase and poloniex hasn't decided if there credit bitcoin holders,with bit cash that's quite a risk on polo to,take at least coinbase said we won't credit you withdraw your btc if you want  it cash
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
Sorry for the newb question.

To clarify, with Bittrex - you only need to have BTC in your wallet at 12:20 UCT (approximately 12 hours) in order to receive the cash?

yes

Jump to: