Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again - page 105. (Read 153236 times)

Activity: 838
Merit: 500
Let's get this party started. Been waiting whole dam day for this. Finally only 66 blocks left to go. Whoo hoo
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
499202 / 499407 (205 blocks left)  .. everybody ready??

Everyone following this thread right now is ready Smiley The question is which pool will/will not drop the ball...

Exactly.  I've got a couple different dos prompts open with commands for 3 to 4 different pools, hahaha
donator
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1021
499324 / 499407 (83 blocks left)
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Veritas Mining - Sustainable Crypto Mining

Everyone following this thread right now is ready Smiley The question is which pool will/will not drop the ball...
I've got my Bitcoin Gold Core client running, but it hasn't started downloading the blockchain yet... it's just sitting there.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
EVOS
499017 / 499407 (390 blocks left)
Everyone is waiting with great impatience start. Let's see what happens. Very much interested, to come soon.  Does anyone have the information Bittrex, when they join, how much long will pull?
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
I'll estimate that difficulty will be crazy high when it first hits as everyone jumps on, then the novelty will fall off and it will settle down, slotting somewhere in the top five on whattomine.

However, I have heard of others saying that the first few public blocks might be a bit easier as people have trouble syncing up and getting it all up and running. Won't have to wait long to find out!
donator
499017 / 499407 (390 blocks left)
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
What a funny premine, there are too much block in premine... Dev can actually make premine in one block only... Is it any lucky number of 8000?

Yeah I would not call it decentralized with that much premine.
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
Wallet -      This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications

what does this mean? I thought the official bitcoin gold client was all we needed?

I tried checking out version 0.15 instead of master from the github source, and that took the pre-relase message away.  However I'm still not syncing any blocks (ubuntu 14.04)

The last release of the branch 'master' seems to be the good one.

If you have trouble getting peers; opening the port: 8338 is helpful.
donator
498585 / 499407 (822 blocks left)
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003
I'm waiting for mining to start... Anyone know where can I check current block height? Any working block explorer yet?

No single piece of information at the website, nor here at the announcement thread, totally no idea what is this announcement thread for  Angry

Check 5 posts back
Activity: 714
I'm waiting for mining to start... Anyone know where can I check current block height? Any working block explorer yet?

No single piece of information at the website, nor here at the announcement thread, totally no idea what is this announcement thread for  Angry
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Wallet -      This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications

what does this mean? I thought the official bitcoin gold client was all we needed?

I tried checking out version 0.15 instead of master from the github source, and that took the pre-relase message away.  However I'm still not syncing any blocks (ubuntu 14.04)

Activity: 588
Merit: 251
EVOS
These days the entire community look closely monitoring the btc bch btg really amazing time. time of great opportunity. Very long wait for something falls, it drags everything.  I've been wondering how long, how much time will be connected wallets others interested Exchange?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
For anyone stuck syncing their wallet. Create a runme.bat file in the bitcoin gold folder using the following, then save as a .bat file and run

Is there a link to download BTG wallet for Win?

You can find the wallet download link here https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/

Thank you.
Unfortunately it's not a "lite" wallet, it needs the whole blockchain downloaded to operate.
And it can't import wallets from private key.
Activity: 714
What a funny premine, there are too much block in premine... Dev can actually make premine in one block only... Is it any lucky number of 8000?
donator
497467 / 499407 (1940 blocks left)

http://btgpool.pro/index.php
Activity: 89
I'm still waitting bitcoin gold is available for mining, My pool is already at http://btgold.nicepool.me
Jump to: