Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again - page 128. (Read 153236 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Someone saw the new BTG Electrum Gold Wallet?

http://electrum-gold.org/

Got back to school , you must try harder to scam us with your fake electrum wallet. If it was real it would be noted on the official Electrum site.

In all fairness electrum is opensource and this is just a fork of that modified for bitcoin gold but without checking the source code though it's hard to trust and I wouldn't recommend anyone use it until its been properly verified

If it is a fork where is the github source code ?

No, this is a scam as it looks like the web site is run by the same people who tried the "Claim your BTG here - just give us your BTC private keys" scam, that web site got shut down but they put this one on the same web host.

I never looked to be honest I did say "without checking the source code though it's hard to trust and I wouldn't recommend anyone use it until its been properly verified"

But I do know they are working on getting this to work on electrum but yea this does not seem to be anything to do with it
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Someone saw the new BTG Electrum Gold Wallet?

http://electrum-gold.org/

Got back to school , you must try harder to scam us with your fake electrum wallet. If it was real it would be noted on the official Electrum site.

In all fairness electrum is opensource and this is just a fork of that modified for bitcoin gold but without checking the source code though it's hard to trust and I wouldn't recommend anyone use it until its been properly verified

If it is a fork where is the github source code ?

No, this is a scam as it looks like the web site is run by the same people who tried the "Claim your BTG here - just give us your BTC private keys" scam, that web site got shut down but they put this one on the same web host.

Running all 3 bitcoin clients at once is fun, can't wait to run 4 Wink

from where you got the wallet of gold? it's not available anywhere

Probably built from source that is available on github but not final and not recommended as it will be incompatible with the final version  

Of course it's built from the current source code the same way everybody else (who is not retarded) does it. There is no such thing as "final" or "not final", it's the same software that the developers develop and use and of course it is and will be "compatible" (compatible with what? this is the only bitcoin gold implementation, there is nothing else). You really shouldn't talk about something you have apparently no clue about.

The source is not complete there are things like replay protection etc to be merged which would create invalid blocks using old code once done

Are you really that stupid? Using a wallet software doesn't create any blocks, the mining does. One more time - stop talking about something that you have no clue about.

Your node has to accept the blocks from the miners which would be invalid on the unfinished code

Im not criticising you im doing the same but only to get the chain up to date and ready for when the final version is released where it will then be updated like you will do
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
The identical balances of my BTC and BTG after the fork:

Hey, how come he already "claimed" his bgold coins?? Not only is he already using a bgold wallet which according to idiots here doesn't exist but on top of that he already has all his btg which according to idiots here shouldn't be possible yet. Wow, what a wizard he must be.

Nope, not a wizard, just a normal non-retarded person. The only little annoyance was that since they logically had to change the block files format it wasn't possible to feed bitcoin db files directly to the bgold wallet (like with bcash), the whole blockchain had to be synced all over again. From a local bitcoin instance it wasn't such a big deal, tho.

Unfortunately, compiling the current client will not work for me. I use a Trezor, and I do not believe the current client is compatible with the Trezor.
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
The identical balances of my BTC and BTG after the fork:

Hey, how come he already "claimed" his bgold coins?? Not only is he already using a bgold wallet which according to idiots here doesn't exist but on top of that he already has all his btg which according to idiots here shouldn't be possible yet. Wow, what a wizard he must be.

Nope, not a wizard, just a normal non-retarded person. The only little annoyance was that since they logically had to change the block files format it wasn't possible to feed bitcoin db files directly to the bgold wallet (like with bcash), the whole blockchain had to be synced all over again. From a local bitcoin instance it wasn't such a big deal, tho.

Probably built from source that is available on github but not final and not recommended as it will be incompatible with the final version 

Of course it's built from the current source code the same way everybody else (who is not retarded) does it. There is no such thing as "final" or "not final", it's the same software that the developers develop and use and of course it is and will be "compatible" (compatible with what? this is the only bitcoin gold implementation, there is nothing else). You really shouldn't talk about something you have apparently no clue about.

The source is not complete there are things like replay protection etc to be merged which would create invalid blocks using old code once done

Are you really that stupid? Using a wallet software doesn't create any blocks, the mining does. One more time - stop talking about something that you have no clue about.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I think it is an awesome idea.
Am I too late for this?  Angry  I have 0.6 bitcoins on poloniex for a few weeks. Will I be able to claim 0.6 units of bitcoin gold? Will poloniex distribute bitcoin gold to people with btc balance???

Right now no its unlikely but if the value increases and their customers put pressure on them then they may support it eventually
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
Am I too late for this?  Angry  I have 0.6 bitcoins on poloniex for a few weeks. Will I be able to claim 0.6 units of bitcoin gold? Will poloniex distribute bitcoin gold to people with btc balance???
How about windows wallet? When will the coin be launched for miners?

Should be early November
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
so many new topic`s  with that bitcoin gold,need to be careful.
yes .. we must be careful not to do a loss when this hardfork occurrence we must have learned about BTG to know the weakness and its advantages it will make it easier for us to be able to minimize the loss so be careful
Activity: 746
Merit: 509
TIME and WAVE COINs TO REMEMBER
Bittrex, the US-based Bitcoin and altcoin exchange has announced its official position on Bitcoin Gold. The exchange, widely regarded as a substantial player in the marketplace, had previously hesitated issuing a formal statement.
However, with the hard fork just a short time away, Bittrex has finally clarified its position on the coming fork. Per the statement, Bittrex will perform a ‘wallet snapshot’ at the time of the hard fork, which will occur at block 491,407. At that time, each BTC will receive an equivalent BTG. According to the statement:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bittrex-issues-official-statement-about-bitcoin-gold-warns-users
So the dump of large amount of bitcoin gold not started yet because bittrex hold hundreds of users but as i see today slight progress going on BTG prices .

It's truly hilarious how many idiots here keep saying there is no wallet software and asking when will the wallet be available. The wallet is available for months and since the 25th it's fully working. Since I have my bitcoin keys in there I automatically have access to all my bgold coins, all the while the idiots here keep talking about how to "get" or "claim" bgold. There is no getting nor claiming, everybody holding their private keys already have access to their bgold but idiots will never understand it, apparently.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Since I didn't let Bitcoins at any exchange to get automatically an equivalent of the available BTC's. There has no sense to hurry now as price has dropped at significant level now better to wait for the stability of the chain. It has chances to see huge pump in coming weeks. I suppose it wasn't made to let it die this easily.
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
Info when wallet ready?
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
Bittrex, the US-based Bitcoin and altcoin exchange has announced its official position on Bitcoin Gold. The exchange, widely regarded as a substantial player in the marketplace, had previously hesitated issuing a formal statement.
However, with the hard fork just a short time away, Bittrex has finally clarified its position on the coming fork. Per the statement, Bittrex will perform a ‘wallet snapshot’ at the time of the hard fork, which will occur at block 491,407. At that time, each BTC will receive an equivalent BTG. According to the statement:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bittrex-issues-official-statement-about-bitcoin-gold-warns-users
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
So, the dev is annonymous? I heard that replay-protection is still not implemented, is that correct?

Right now I can't see one thing that BGold is better at compared to Bitcore (BTX). With Bitcore there is even a 25% airdrop coming Oct. 30th and continuous airdrops every monday for the next few months!

Take a look at this comparison chart and you'll understand what I am talking about:

Actually, noone really care about the which one is better...  But airdrop is the main point. So, what is the airdrop on 30 October? Snapshot from bitcoin?
Before hardfork bitcoingold occurred ,, I sold my entire altcoin to get the free bitcoingold because I thought that later bitcoingold price would be better than the botcoincash price but it turned out my estimates were wrong. bitcoingold prices are no more than 1/2 the price of bitcoincash. Is there someone who can advise me ,,? still hold BTG or sell it now before the price gets destroyed, not even worth it anymore ,, ?
Thankz ,,

The only reason is because no one can trade it wait until the network goes live and the initial dumping is over then the network will stabilise and the value should increase
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Hazeian - The Future of Decentralised Trade
Before hardfork bitcoingold occurred ,, I sold my entire altcoin to get the free bitcoingold because I thought that later bitcoingold price would be better than the botcoincash price but it turned out my estimates were wrong. bitcoingold prices are no more than 1/2 the price of bitcoincash. Is there someone who can advise me ,,? still hold BTG or sell it now before the price gets destroyed, not even worth it anymore ,, ?
Thankz ,,
Jump to: