Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again - page 129. (Read 153236 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Someone saw the new BTG Electrum Gold Wallet?

http://electrum-gold.org/

Got back to school , you must try harder to scam us with your fake electrum wallet. If it was real it would be noted on the official Electrum site.

In all fairness electrum is opensource and this is just a fork of that modified for bitcoin gold but without checking the source code though it's hard to trust and I wouldn't recommend anyone use it until its been properly verified
Activity: 574
Merit: 261

Got back to school , you must try harder to scam us with your fake electrum wallet. If it was real it would be noted on the official Electrum site.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
What is the date of ICO?
What did you want to see ico? I look at all do not follow what is happening in the world, there is a slightly different system and chip. In general, all are waiting for November 1, and further stabilization and price formation. But many do not want particularly to go into a whole in it.
So, the dev is annonymous? I heard that replay-protection is still not implemented, is that correct?

There are a few devs but yes the main one is anonymous which is not a problem satoshi was anonymous too but the work being done is real and public for everyone to look at and check I do this every few days and replay protection is complete and they say it will be merged to the master branch in a few days.

The code looks to be almost complete now too
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
So, the dev is annonymous? I heard that replay-protection is still not implemented, is that correct?

Right now I can't see one thing that BGold is better at compared to Bitcore (BTX). With Bitcore there is even a 25% airdrop coming Oct. 30th and continuous airdrops every monday for the next few months!

Take a look at this comparison chart and you'll understand what I am talking about:
What is the date of ICO?

There is no ICO ?

If you mean when the Gold MainNet goes live then it should be early November
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
What is the date of ICO?
Activity: 16

I read that the BX2 fork could kill BTC if enough miners followed it.   This fork would certainly be a centralizing influence if it succeeds.   Without replay protection BTC could be attacked.

Presumably BTG will get replay protection in place and therefore could serve as the new 'real' bitcoin if BTC was under too much pressure.   And 'core' and the community thought it was needed.

Therefore it would be sensible to hold the BTGs (whether you like the fork or not) as a hedge against this possible attack being successful.

I've got to say that I only half understand what I'm writing about  Embarrassed but that seems to be the gist of the many, many hours of surfing and reading that I'm doing!

1. If B2X got most of the hashing power then yes it could possibly kill off BTC but the chances of this happening are pretty low it may be a short term inconvenience but the miners will follow the most profitable chain and on launch B2X will be running at the FULL bitcoin difficulty so will need to have a pretty large value just to be profitable for the miners

2. Yes BTG will have replay protection and is due to be merged on github within the next 2 or 3 days as for saying that bitoingold could become the new bitcoin this is highly unlikely to happen but should see huge gains for early adopters

OK  What about this?.......

B2x gets launched with a typical pump.

But the pump doesn't stop - Pentagon missing $10 trillion, Fed off balance (missing) $9 trillion.  I don't believe everything I read but where there's smoke there's fire.  So just saying.  One trillion dollars is 10X the market cap of bitcoin or to put another way - about a 1000X the 24 hour trade turnover.  Crypto currencies are still tiny compared to the amount of fiat currency in the system.    A tiny % of what is out there could make an enormous difference.

So the pump carries on long enough that most miners see the (apparent) light and turn to B2X and the majority of BTC holders get worried and start to sell.

Maybe I"m being paranoid?   Having read the reddit discussion about the DCG (main driving force behind B2x) and that one of their directors is also a director of the federal reserve: I have serious issues believing anything that is proposed by B2X can be of benefit to the bitcoin idea of fairness and self regulation.

Well we're only a couple of weeks away so not long to wait but I do not see any of that happening
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I read that the BX2 fork could kill BTC if enough miners followed it.   This fork would certainly be a centralizing influence if it succeeds.   Without replay protection BTC could be attacked.

Presumably BTG will get replay protection in place and therefore could serve as the new 'real' bitcoin if BTC was under too much pressure.   And 'core' and the community thought it was needed.

Therefore it would be sensible to hold the BTGs (whether you like the fork or not) as a hedge against this possible attack being successful.

I've got to say that I only half understand what I'm writing about  Embarrassed but that seems to be the gist of the many, many hours of surfing and reading that I'm doing!

1. If B2X got most of the hashing power then yes it could possibly kill off BTC but the chances of this happening are pretty low it may be a short term inconvenience but the miners will follow the most profitable chain and on launch B2X will be running at the FULL bitcoin difficulty so will need to have a pretty large value just to be profitable for the miners

2. Yes BTG will have replay protection and is due to be merged on github within the next 2 or 3 days as for saying that bitoingold could become the new bitcoin this is highly unlikely to happen but should see huge gains for early adopters

OK  What about this?.......

B2x gets launched with a typical pump.

But the pump doesn't stop - Pentagon missing $10 trillion, Fed off balance (missing) $9 trillion.  I don't believe everything I read but where there's smoke there's fire.  So just saying.  One trillion dollars is 10X the market cap of bitcoin or to put another way - about a 1000X the 24 hour trade turnover.  Crypto currencies are still tiny compared to the amount of fiat currency in the system.    A tiny % of what is out there could make an enormous difference.

So the pump carries on long enough that most miners see the (apparent) light and turn to B2X and the majority of BTC holders get worried and start to sell.

Maybe I"m being paranoid?   Having read the reddit discussion about the DCG (main driving force behind B2x) and that one of their directors is also a director of the federal reserve: I have serious issues believing anything that is proposed by B2X can be of benefit to the bitcoin idea of fairness and self regulation.

Activity: 295
I am interested in your project dev .. hopefully succeed.

Running all 3 bitcoin clients at once is fun, can't wait to run 4 Wink

from where you got the wallet of gold? it's not available anywhere

Probably built from source that is available on github but not final and not recommended as it will be incompatible with the final version 

the final build have replay protection? because i see that the build from github is without the replay protection

I much curious on what the hell is Bitcoin ABC  Huh

Bitcoin Cash
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Probably built from source that is available on github but not final and not recommended as it will be incompatible with the final version 

the final build have replay protection? because i see that the build from github is without the replay protection

I much curious on what the hell is Bitcoin ABC  Huh

Activity: 78

From the BitcoinGold Developer blog

Replay protection
We have spent several hours on the pull request for replay protection: https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/pull/55. This method of replay protection is sufficient to keep all transactions safe from replay attacks, and we are very likely to merge this pull request in the upcoming days. In addition to that pull request, we received another pull request from an anonymous contributor for a different implementation of replay protection: https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/pull/83. We will award him or her the bounty because the code meets the requirements originally described in the bounty: https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/issues/51.  We are very encouraged with the success our bounty program has already achieved in the very early days of this project.

Activity: 47
https://i.imgur.com/7OVeYcC.png

Without it, it's a disaster to happen. Be carefull using it until then.
Activity: 61
can you please tell us how you did you get bitcoin gold wallet?
Activity: 412
Merit: 100
Que sera sera
is it safe to split BTG from BTC?
Activity: 826
It didn't resist not even little in comparison to BCH but it is too early to reach at the conclusion. Once majority has done with dumping some whales may pump it had. I have my Bitcoins stored in paper wallet that is one of the reason of not claiming BTG at the moment and other of course the drop in its value.
Jump to: