Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again - page 146. (Read 153236 times)

Activity: 370
Merit: 250
I am in!!! Sounds good.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Because it is based on "Equihash" we can mine it with the same available miners, like EWBF Zcash miner, right ? From what I see for now we need to get the BTC gold wallet, which is not available yet  Sad

Yeah just as i thought, it seems like BTC gold wallet isn't release yet. I'm waiting too.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Need a simple windows wallet. Why just mobile phone wallets have?

Im sure the likes of Exodus, Jaxx etc will support it but until the codebase is finished its not really possible to do yet
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Need a simple windows wallet. Why just mobile phone wallets have?
How can a fork from Bitcoin be Equihash  Huh

It's just a hashing algorithm (Input>Output) if you modify the software to understand and accept the new algorithm output from a certain block then it will still be valid it's not quite that simple but hopefully you know what I mean

A lot of the coins out there are derived from bitcoin but with a change of work but started from block 1 which is much simpler
Activity: 506
Merit: 250
How can a fork from Bitcoin be Equihash  Huh

EDIT: Oh and the premine isn't mentioned here (or on the website) either.. or am I blind ? Smiley

I don't think the premine is mentioned but reading the current code its 8000 blocks (~0.5%)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
any possibility you can make the wallet work on testnet ?

I'd do some testing before launch ...

Code:
src/bgoldd -daemon -testnet
bgoldd: crypto/common.h:138: int init_and_check_sodium(): Assertion `crypto_sign_verify_detached(sig, message, sizeof(message), pk) != 0' failed.
Aborted

Bump....

bump once more.. any dev here ?

I don't think this thread was started by anyone from bitcoin gold so probably not will you be supporting this once its finished and ready for launch

Hmm.. But how's anyone testing if there's nothing to test with, and "the fork" (tm) is in four days ? Smiley) Usually you'd test a week or so at least prior to launch Smiley

I know it's cutting it close but the chain snapshot is only happening on the 25th the release date will be after this last I heard it will be 1st November but I am expecting delays contact [email protected] they may be able to help you further and also get you listed on the website

Yes, the snapshot etc. is fine, but since fork involves some parameters different than the original, testing is needed to get everything set up and working correctly prior to the launch.. Otherwise it'll be just a trainwreck or fork-o-rama .. or whatever when it launches.. I see for example the block header structure seems different than bitcoin and zcash, so it'd need testnet to get some blocks built and sent to the wallet for acceptance/rejectance etc..

MMh.. I don't care about the website listing but I'll try to open a ticket on their github..

EDIT: Oh and the premine isn't mentioned here (or on the website) either.. or am I blind ? Smiley

Code:
bgoldd: crypto/common.h:138: int init_and_check_sodium(): Assertion `crypto_sign_verify_detached(sig, message, sizeof(message), pk) != 0' failed.
Aborted

Bump....

I don't think this thread was started by anyone from bitcoin gold so probably not will you be supporting this once its finished and ready for launch

Hmm.. But how's anyone testing if there's nothing to test with, and "the fork" (tm) is in four days ? Smiley) Usually you'd test a week or so at least prior to launch Smiley

I know it's cutting it close but the chain snapshot is only happening on the 25th the release date will be after this last I heard it will be 1st November but I am expecting delays contact [email protected] they may be able to help you further and also get you listed on the website

Im guessing you are to do with suprnova ?
legendary

Code:
Aborted

Bump....

Code:
Aborted

Bump....

I don't think this thread was started by anyone from bitcoin gold so probably not

Are you anything to do with suprnova ? if so will you be supporting this for mining if so contact them at [email protected] if not done already to be listed on the website
Activity: 303
Merit: 43
Did exchanges express their stance already on Bitcoin Gold? If so which exchanges are gonna distribute the coins to people who hold btc there?
legendary

Code:
Aborted

Bump....

kSL
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Cryptotalk.org - get paid for every post!
shitor not shit, but maybe myners go from other altcoins and we have low diff)) or not..
If the exchange will not support you then this division makes no sense. Without the exchanges the coin is garbage, novaexchange refuses to support you.

If there is value from smaller exchanges then larger exchanges will take notice and list

Last I saw the small futures were around 0.07 BTC (~$400) this may be tiny volume but the big exchanges will be watching
Activity: 400
Merit: 101
If the exchange will not support you then this division makes no sense. Without the exchanges the coin is garbage, novaexchange refuses to support you.
Thoughts on Bitcoin Gold Community Response?
https://btcgpu.org/bitcoin-gold-community-response/

There is nothing to think what they have posted here was already public knowledge but coinbase published a very misleading article with a lot of incorrect facts
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
Thoughts on Bitcoin Gold Community Response?
https://btcgpu.org/bitcoin-gold-community-response/
legendary

Code:
Aborted

Bump....
Just thinking.. If there is lots of lost Bitcoins how there can be MORE Bitcoin cash than bitcoins in Circulating and will that be same with Bitcoin gold? I am quite sure that lost Bitcoin are not Claiming Bitcoin gold whit out owner. So can someone explain this to me? And this whole fork think is just duplicating money for big owners and long term this might cause problems and whole market might collapse. I really hope that the is no single fork for Bitcoin.

Yes there are lots of lost bitcoin and every fork has the exact same lost coins all forks have a maximum of 21M the reason there are currently more bitcoincash over bitcoin is the EDA which allows the miners to mine really fast unlocking the rewards faster the total on both will still be 21M its just bitcoin cash will get there faster (which is bad)

Jump to: