Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] bitcoindata.science | sponsored by BC.Game - page 2. (Read 2364 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
He also said the same examplens said : this could be an attack from cloudflare, to force me into a paid plan.
This falls in the same category as anti-virus companies releasing computer viruses.

The point is that you don't need an antivírus to have a computer.
But basically all big websites runs on cloudflare (most that i know of), not because they want, but because someone always is attacking who doesn't use it.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
@LoyceV: Hm. I guess you are right on this one. However, I think the packet contens themselves don't need to be inspected, but just the TCP/IP metadata. That is not encrypted and will take care of everything up to Layer 7 attacks. For that, you can just measure the frequency of requests made to a particular URL (since that is unencrypted too).
How are you going to distinguish between me, who tries to access DDOSed site 5 times an hour to see if it's back up, and 5 million bots who each send one request per hour to the site?

He also said the same examplens said : this could be an attack from cloudflare, to force me into a paid plan.
This falls in the same category as anti-virus companies releasing computer viruses.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
[Now, I think this is a bit of a conspiracy theory. Because there are companies competing with Cloudflare, and therefore, the person can simply switch to another company, as the plan they are using at Cloudflare is not delivering as promised.

There aren't many companies competing with cloudflare.like  aws and azure and a fee more, buy Cloudflare is the most used.

I use the free cloudlfare plan now.
Their cheapest plan is 200 usd per year.

Alternatives exist, but they may not have free plans with the same quality.
Does your hosting company not offer a DDoS protection service, for example? Of course, it never guarantees 100% security, but it is always another protective barrier.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
[Now, I think this is a bit of a conspiracy theory. Because there are companies competing with Cloudflare, and therefore, the person can simply switch to another company, as the plan they are using at Cloudflare is not delivering as promised.

There aren't many companies competing with cloudflare.like  aws and azure and a few more, but Cloudflare is the most used.

I use the free cloudlfare plan now.
Their cheapest plan is 200 usd per year.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
I was talking with a friend owns a somewhat big domain in Brazil.
He said people do this kind of attacks and usually ask money to stop the attack.

I've never heard of this, but I've also never researched the topic. So I'm not going to say it won't happen.

Now, I think this is a bit of a conspiracy theory. Because there are companies competing with Cloudflare, and therefore, the person can simply switch to another company, as the plan they are using at Cloudflare is not delivering as promised.

Either way, I just hope that you can resolve these problems, and that everything is back to normal. If we can do something on this side, feel free.  Wink
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
He said people do this kind of attacks and usually ask money to stop the attack.

Where I live, when communism ended, insurance companies offered to protect and insure you against their own henchmen when you had a business lol Cheesy
I think that's exactly what CF is doing in our case, I agree with examplens idea... I can imagine some DDOS attacks blackmailing dark net markets as they already are "XMR/BTC savvy" and generating a lot of money (perfect targets for this kind of activities IMO), but I'd be surprised if that was the case for a niche website like yours even if it is crypto-related.

I hope you get the hang of it soon bitmover!
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Well, I am under a DDOS attack. Even cloudflare couldn`t stop it. I switched to a far more aggressive configuration now.
I don't understand what would be the reason for attacking Bitmover website, unless they are just training and randomly attacking everyone they can, especially if website has some connection with Bitcoin  Tongue
Sometimes I think that hosting providers are somehow involved in attacks like this, in this way they are forcing you to upgrade and buy more expensive packages.

I happened to think the same.

I don't know how you are managing the server, bitmover. But, I think you need to review this hosting company, as it could be a company that attracts these types of attacks.

Review your API code to check if there is anything that could be attracting the attention of these bots.

legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Well, I am under a DDOS attack. Even cloudflare couldn`t stop it. I switched to a far more aggressive configuration now.
I don't understand what would be the reason for attacking Bitmover website, unless they are just training and randomly attacking everyone they can, especially if website has some connection with Bitcoin  Tongue
Sometimes I think that hosting providers are somehow involved in attacks like this, in this way they are forcing you to upgrade and buy more expensive packages.

I happened to think the same.

I don't know how you are managing the server, bitmover. But, I think you need to review this hosting company, as it could be a company that attracts these types of attacks.

Review your API code to check if there is anything that could be attracting the attention of these bots.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet

@bitmover, it looks like you messed up FeeBuddy with more aggressive settings on CloudFlare. I didn't see any posts from that side today.

Thanks.
I blocked all bots. Somehow, cloudflare is blocking bots from its own domain, but bots from other regions are still attacking.... I will see what I can do
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098

I guarantee that it is not up to the hosting provider in this case.  Wink
Other sites (hosted with bitmover's site) do not have this problem, and from 01.01.2024 it is on a slightly more expensive package.

@bitmover, it looks like you messed up FeeBuddy with more aggressive settings on CloudFlare. I didn't see any posts from that side today.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Maybe examplens is right, and cloudflare is attacking so I get a paid plan.

That doesn't make any sense either. I've never had any of my web properties attacked by cloudflare in order to make me pay up.

@LoyceV: Hm. I guess you are right on this one. However, I think the packet contens themselves don't need to be inspected, but just the TCP/IP metadata. That is not encrypted and will take care of everything up to Layer 7 attacks. For that, you can just measure the frequency of requests made to a particular URL (since that is unencrypted too).
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
It seems to me that the attack has slowed down a bit now.
I hope that the sharper configuration of CF will not cause problems with the operation of the tools, considering that they are all automated.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a CloudFlare tactic to push him to a paid plan.

Thanks for your support examplens.

Attack has slowed, but looks to be increasing again

They are attacking basically the api. All attacks go to bitcoindata.science/api/.....

On another topic, I have updated the balance checker tool, so it supports QR Codes now.

https://bitcoindata.science/bitcoin-balance-check

This was a Hhampuz request, and I think it is very useful

Maybe examplens is right, and cloudflare is attacking so I get a paid plan.
legendary
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
legendary
That's exactly why Internet Service Providers (of the DDoSing device) should be punished for letting malicious traffic flow out from their servers to the wider Internet
That sounds a lot like deep packet inspection and the end to net neutrality. I don't think we should go down that road.

I'd be much more in favour of punishing manufacturers who's devices can get abused, but that would be the end of every large software company Tongue
legendary
About time to introduce new legislation around the world that criminalizes ISPs for routing malicious bandwidth.
That's the thing with DDOS: it's just a device requesting a website. It's not easy to know if it's a human or an infected device doing it.

That's exactly why Internet Service Providers (of the DDoSing device) should be punished for letting malicious traffic flow out from their servers to the wider Internet, because they should be able to identify and stop such traffic better than anyone else. It would also force them to take their security more seriously and invest in identifying malicious traffic patterns, with AI I guess.
legendary
About time to introduce new legislation around the world that criminalizes ISPs for routing malicious bandwidth.
That's the thing with DDOS: it's just a device requesting a website. It's not easy to know if it's a human or an infected device doing it.
legendary
I know some of the IP which are attacking, but they are many from all over the world...
That's typical for a DDOS. It must be far too cheap by now, to attack basically any site that makes something nice.

That would put an end to these "rent-a-DDoS" attacks.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098

It seems to me that the attack has slowed down a bit now.
I hope that the sharper configuration of CF will not cause problems with the operation of the tools, considering that they are all automated.

I know some of the IP which are attacking, but they are many from all over the world...
That's typical for a DDOS. It must be far too cheap by now, to attack basically any site that makes something nice.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a CloudFlare tactic to push him to a paid plan.
legendary
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I get a 404 Forbidden:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

I get
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I am happy to see you are using Smiley

From 50k requests per day, to 700k.

I am still open for suggestions on the Free Plan of cloudflare, if anyone has some experience about it

Pages:
Jump to: