Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] bitcoindata.science | sponsored by BC.Game - page 3. (Read 2382 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I get a 404 Forbidden:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

I get
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I am happy to see you are using Smiley

Well, I am under a DDOS attack. Even cloudflare couldn`t stop it. I switched to a far more aggressive configuration now.

From 50k requests per day, to 700k.

I am still open for suggestions on the Free Plan of cloudflare, if anyone has some experience about it

I know some of the IP which are attacking, but they are many from all over the world...
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I get a 404 Forbidden:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
I get
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yesterday I used the site and everything was working normally, so the problem may have started within the last 12 hours.

I think you need to look at the site data on the hosting or you made a mistake when making some updates.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
You can now check the balance of up to 465 addresses simultaneously
I have to ask: why 465?

This is a limitation of the URL size.

As it is a GET request, each address goes into the URL parameter in the browser internally.

It works like this. WHen you enter the addresses in the web page, your browser will make this request:

Code:
https://blockchain.info/balance?active=ADDRESS1|ADDRESS2.....

The size of this URL becomes huge with a few addresses.

Each browser has a different limit. 465 is a safe number, however, you might be able to make it work with more addresses using google chrome which has a higher limit (it also depends on the address formats, which may vary as well)

You might find some more useful discussions here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2659952/maximum-length-of-http-get-request
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/417142/what-is-the-maximum-length-of-a-url-in-different-browsers
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/maximum-length-of-a-url-in-different-browsers/

Edit: I also made a different code if you are using less than 20 addresses, using mempool.space. It is slower, but you will make one request for each address (so you will make a total of 20 requests). More than that, you will get block, so I use the other API from blockchair.
Mempool.space API is better and gives more details about unconfirmed transactions as well.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
You can now check the balance of up to 465 addresses simultaneously
I have to ask: why 465?
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
Hello all,

I have added a small feature, based on @examplens suggestion.

I added a download button for .json and .csv file in the balance checker tool.

You can now check the balance of up to 465 addresses simultaneously , and download your search in a file.

This is a great feature! it will be useful for sure!

Thank you for taking the time to do all this work for the community bitmover
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hello all,

I have added a small feature, based on @examplens suggestion.

I added a download button for .json and .csv file in the balance checker tool.

You can now check the balance of up to 465 addresses simultaneously , and download your search in a file.

https://bitcoindata.science/bitcoin-balance-check
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
The service works great! I've already tested it several times today.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2018
Merit: 1108
Now I added a notification icon, which will make a sound and call you back to the page (you need to grant permission for notifications).
I also changed the title of the page with (1), so you know some notification is there, which will disappear after you click on the notification.

I believe there are no bugs left, and it will call you for more incoming transactions.

I have to admit these kind of features could come handy sometimes. Keep up the good work on your website!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Thanks for help me testing.
You're very welcome and massive thanks for adding a feature that allows me to ditch a service that requires attaching an email.

Now I added a notification icon, which will make a sound and call you back to the page (you need to grant permission for notifications).
I also changed the title of the page with (1), so you know some notification is there, which will disappear after you click on the notification.

I believe there are no bugs left, and it will call you for more incoming transactions.
Yes, I can also confirm that the bug I mentioned earlier no longer exists, but for some reason, I think the browsers that I use are misconfigured because no matter what I do [adjusted the permissions and emptied the cache + hard reload], I can't hear any sound notifications [fortunately, the title changes now, so that's good enough for me (thank you once again Smiley)].
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I created a pop-up that will appear when you receive a new transaction, or when an unconfirmed one is confirmed.

https://www.talkimg.com/images/2023/11/22/FBuqc.png

Please tell me if you see any bugs or suggestions
Thank you so much for the addition of this feature... At first, it seemed to be working perfectly but after clicking the reload data button, I'm no longer getting any pop-ups for subsequent incoming or unconfirmed transactions.
- BTW, I was monitoring it while I was watching a movie in a split-screen mode and I didn't hear any pop-up sounds (it'd be nice to have one or maybe even one of those flashy tab notifications).

Thanks for help me testing.

legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
I created a pop-up that will appear when you receive a new transaction, or when an unconfirmed one is confirmed.

https://www.talkimg.com/images/2023/11/22/FBuqc.png

Thank you so much for the addition of this feature... At first, it seemed to be working perfectly but after clicking the reload data button, I'm no longer getting any pop-ups for subsequent incoming or unconfirmed transactions.
- BTW, I was monitoring it while I was watching a movie in a split-screen mode and I didn't hear any pop-up sounds (it'd be nice to have one or maybe even one of those flashy tab notifications).
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
@bitmover
As someone who keeps a lot of open tabs in their browser, I'm wondering if it's possible to have pop-up alerts [e.g. incoming transactions or rather newly confirmed transactions] on the "Address Balance Checker" tool?
- FWIW, I usually shut down my computer once every few months.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
Thank you for the tips.

Yes, you can do this manually on the front end. Using BBcode or HTML

Code:
[img width=500]https://bitcoindata.science/api/fiattobtc.php?fiatamount=1000¤cy=EUR&date&bold[/img]

in HTML you can do this:

Code:

I know that this technique is possible to enlarge the image, but I have to admit that aesthetically it doesn't look beautiful.
But, come on, that's what I'm all about being a perfectionist.  Roll Eyes

EDIT:
For example, if you want to use a blue background in talkimg, you can just wrap it with a blue div:

For TalkImg, what I liked was a gift, where I alternated between the balance and the last 3 donations.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Remind me of something else:
- Would it be possible to set the size of the generated image?

Yes, you can do this manually on the front end. Using BBcode or HTML

Code:
[img width=500]https://bitcoindata.science/api/fiattobtc.php?fiatamount=1000¤cy=EUR&date&bold[/img]

in HTML you can do this:

Code:

- Would it be possible for you to create 2 or 3 standard background patterns, and the user can choose which one to use?
EDIT: It's not for any special reason, just remind me of these possibilities.

Well, I can add some background HEX color codes... it might be useful in some situations, where you want to give more emphasis to the price.
But the default transparent background will blend with the background, and you can already change the font color.

For example, if you want to use a blue background in talkimg, you can just wrap it with a blue div:

Code:

Result
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Remind me of something else:
- Would it be possible to set the size of the generated image?
- Would it be possible for you to create 2 or 3 standard background patterns, and the user can choose which one to use?

EDIT: It's not for any special reason, just remind me of these possibilities.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I will add this to the docs soon. I will also add it to other endpoints, working only in localprice for now.

added the date suggestion to some endpoints:

Just added permanently to bitcoin fees:

Code:
https://bitcoindata.science/api/bitcoinfees.php

Also added to fiattobtc.
10 usd now (at time of your reading):

Code:
https://bitcoindata.science/api/fiattobtc.php?fiatamount=10¤cy=USD&date&bold

@bitmover
As someone who keeps a lot of open tabs in their browser, I'm wondering if it's possible to have pop-up alerts [e.g. incoming transactions or rather newly confirmed transactions] on the "Address Balance Checker" tool?

I came up with a solution for this. I will finish it in a few days and I will notify you here.

Happy to see you are using this tool.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
@bitmover

Update:
I came up with a solution for this. I will finish it in a few days and I will notify you here.

Happy to see you are using this tool.
Thank you, looking forward to it Smiley
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
I added this as an optional feature

Thanks for applying the suggestion.
I'll think of more ideas for the feature.  Tongue
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Suggestion: in the image generated in "local to btc", there should be a small line underneath, saying the day/time that the value was updated.
It is true that the value is updated whenever the image is loaded. But, for those who are more dissatisfied, they may not notice.

So I suggested something like this:

I added this as an optional feature

Just add &date , similar to &bold

Code:
https://bitcoindata.science/api/localprice.php?amount=1¤cy=USD&date

Then you have the datetime in UTC

I think it is a good idea. Thanks also for LoyceV and examplens for suggestions.

I will add this to the docs soon. I will also add it to other endpoints, working only in localprice for now.

I think it is necessary in sections such as Collectibles, which is the price at the time of ordering and the current price of Bitcoin, and it is useful for those who will visit the forum in the future, as a person can, for example, buy something for $100 today and it will be worth $500 a few months later.

Blockchair provides a similar service, which is to show the price at the moment the transaction is confirmed. It is important to know the real price when conducting the transaction and is useful for those who want to visit the site in the future.

About old timestamps, such as by the time of posting  I don't think that makes sense at all.

If you want to see the value of bitcoin by the time of your posting, just write it. You don't neeed an image which was dynamically generated to get past data
 That API is important for posts which are interested in future/present information.

Pages:
Jump to: