Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bithereum (BTH) - Hard-Spork - Bitcoin hard-fork, Ethereum hard-spoon - page 8. (Read 28438 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Right, same thing I asked yesterday. Love this idea and would love to mine some but lack of solid information on wallet and would seem zero communication on what to do at this point is making me second guess tossing hash at it. Either that or they are trying to mine as much as they can before fixing the issues
Activity: 26
Hello,

Latest wallet version is not available for windows.
https://github.com/BTHPOS/BTH/releases/tag/0.18.9

Downloaded this one (https://github.com/BTHPOS/BTH/releases/tag/v0.18.8) but doesn`t sync...

What should I do?

I am mining to a address generated with wallet v0.18.8 will I have problems?

Thank you.
Activity: 108
Tried mining at start and same as above couldn't find windows wallet so I used web wallet found from pool "quarda" .. So far there is no any received coins tho.
Activity: 12
What wallet we supposed to be using? I downloaded 18.8 as 18.9 does not have windows or didn't at the time of download
Activity: 228
Merit: 1
Bithereum mainnet is officially LIVE! Thank you to everyone who has supported and helped thus far; this is just the beginning! So many things to come in the very near future so stay tuned!
Pools are almost done syncing and mainnet is likely to fully launch tomorrow, January 5th.

Join a mining pool before mainnet launches to participate in the difficulty reduction window!

ALTpool: http://bth.altpool.pro
EquiHub: https://bth.equihub.pro (Pools available in US, EU, and Asia)
LuckyPool: https://bth.luckypool.io/ (Pools available in EU and Asia)

UPDATE: Mining is expected to start at approximately 20:00 UTC tomorrow!
Pools are almost done syncing and mainnet is likely to fully launch tomorrow, January 5th.

Join a mining pool before mainnet launches to participate in the difficulty reduction window!

ALTpool: http://bth.altpool.pro
EquiHub: https://bth.equihub.pro (Pools available in US, EU, and Asia)
LuckyPool: https://bth.luckypool.io/ (Pools available in EU and Asia)
We've officially mined Bithereum's "genesis" block (block 555,555) and we are excited to say that this coincides with Bitcoin's genesis block's 10 year anniversary! We have since stopped mining after the second block (block 555,556) and are now working on recompiling our builds and finalizing our mainnet infrastructure.

We will be providing pools with our 210 GB bootstrap file along with our full nodes they can sync from by the end of tomorrow. Pools can then begin syncing and once this is complete, Bithereum's mainnet mining will officially commence. Once the network is up, it will go straight into the difficulty reduction window!

Bithereum is here!!!
Our syncing issues have been resolved, now we’re finishing up syncing additional nodes for others to sync from. We also have a 210 GB bootstrap file that we are working on providing pools with by today/tomorrow; updated code will be pushed on our GitHub soon as well. We will aim to mine the first block today to trigger syncing across the network for everyone and then pause mining and wait for the pools to finish syncing to restart the network. Once we mine the first block, it will be entirely dependent on how fast pools sync, but rest assured, mining will begin prior to the end of the week. Once the network is up, it will go straight into the massive difficulty reduction for the first 20,000 blocks so stay tuned!
when start? Roll Eyes

We're working to get our full node fully synced with BTC blocks up until block 555,554. There were a few issues we came across during the process which we have been tirelessly aiming to resolve and mainnet should be up and running by the end of the coming week. That's when mining will begin. We'll keep everyone posted on the progress!
Activity: 8

This is awesome, thank you! Could you also add LuckyPool whenever you get the chance: https://bth.luckypool.io/

Thanks!
Activity: 588
Mainnet is still not yet active and use Guarda if you want a wallet addy quick Smiley

However, to gain profits from PoS in the future a full node is required from what I understand.

Main net will go live once the nodes have synced which will happen within 24 hours or so.. Smiley

As far as PoS goes, our model does not require running a full node and is separate for someone to participate in staking. You can check out our proof of concept here: https://medium.com/bithereum-network/bithereums-proof-of-stake-concept-b06899fa4950 This model may change as we begin development and tests as we aim to get this in place in a year's time.

And yes, mainnet will go live once the nodes have synced and all the other pool's nodes have synced as well. Stay tuned for when mining will begin!
Looking for info on where and how to get a bithereum address, or convert bitcoin address? Website links have provide a bitcoin address starting with "1" and looking for a "B" address. Trying to get it sorted before mainnet goes live.

On a side note : has mainnet gone live? on BTH.altpool the "network" hash and difficulty has skyrocketed in the last hour yet the "pool" hash itself is not showing anything, and bithereum.explorer is still offline?

Yes, the address you generate on the site starts with a "1" which is Bitcoin format, Bithereum format addresses start with a "B", they share the same private key and you can convert between the two addresses, which we're hoping to provide a quick converter soon. Alternatively, you can import that private key into our Electrum wallet or Guarda and it will provide you with the "B" address, or you can create a fresh address through Electrum or Guarda.

Mainnet has not gone live yet, we're working as quickly as possible to get our BTH full node synced with BTC blocks up to 555,555 which is taking longer than anticipated, however rest assured it will be completed soon. The hashrate and difficulty shown on BTH.altpool is for testnet, and will correct to mainnet and bithereum.explorer will also be up once we're live. These metrics being shown on altpool therefore have nothing to do with how mainnet will start as difficulty resets.

After we successfully sync our node we'll wait for the pools to sync as well before we start mining so no one who is mining BTH for the difficulty reduction will miss out on the opportunity.

We appreciate the patience and support from the community!
Activity: 239
Merit: 11
Mainnet is still not yet active and use Guarda if you want a wallet addy quick Smiley

However, to gain profits from PoS in the future a full node is required from what I understand.

Main net will go live once the nodes have synced which will happen within 24 hours or so.. Smiley
Activity: 3
Looking for info on where and how to get a bithereum address, or convert bitcoin address? Website links have provide a bitcoin address starting with "1" and looking for a "B" address. Trying to get it sorted before mainnet goes live.

On a side note : has mainnet gone live? on BTH.altpool the "network" hash and difficulty has skyrocketed in the last hour yet the "pool" hash itself is not showing anything, and bithereum.explorer is still offline?
Activity: 47
what address do you recommend to use for mining in a production network?

You can use any BTH address
Bravo! What a good answer, thank you for it!
scam soon blood Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

why you said that? do you have any reason? i'm just curious here... when i encountered this project, my impression on this coin is just like any other altcoin that uses the popularity of bitcoin and eth. but i don't know what advantage they are presenting on the table???

It appears this person is trolling as his/her past few posts have been bashing other coins. However, we’re happy to touch on your question regarding what advantage we are presenting, as there are quite a few of them in which we go into detail on our site, whitepaper, medium blogs, etc, which you can feel free to read up on after this.

In a nutshell, we don’t believe in the long-term sustainability of Proof of Work, so we will be implementing a Proof of Stake consensus model built atop Bitcoin. Namely, this Proof of Stake model is based off of Ethereum’s Casper protocol as we believe this is the most sound PoS system out there. We believe, as well as Ethereum, that PoS will make the network faster, more efficient, and more secure. Bithereum also understands the benefits of both on-chain and off-chain scaling solutions and will incorporate all-encompassing solutions.

Our goal isn’t to use the popularity of Bitcoin and Ethereum for our own foolish gains, however its to bring together two incredible networks amidst all of the tribalism in the crypto space to bring something of value for all. Most people know the current issues that Bitcoin faces, including scalability, mining centralization, and the constant infighting of the community. These things are detrimental to the future of Bitcoin, and if they go ignored, BTC will most likely not realize its true potential as a P2P global currency. On the other hand, ETH wasn’t designed to be used as a P2P currency, but instead to be used as “fuel” for using dApps and executing smart contracts on its platform.

We love both Bitcoin and Ethereum, and want to provide an outlet for both platforms and help them succeed, so why would we not create something in order to help them both? Bitcoin will take on its new role as digital gold and be a strong store of value, while Ethereum will be used for its true purpose as a worldwide computer than can contain a vast ecosystem of dApps on its platform and bring decentralization to the world. Bithereum will then be here to be the P2P global currency that can bring crypto to the forefront of people all over, especially in countries where their economies are extremely poor and their people will rely on money such as this.

Another important thing to note as an advantage is our full node incentivization. At it’s current state, the ones who run full nodes for Bitcoin or Ethereum do so because they believe in the network, and receive some benefits of privacy. However, neither of these chains provide an incentive for these people to run full nodes like they do with people who mine. Since full nodes are of paramount importance to keep the chain alive, Bithereum is introducing a mechanism called Proof of Uptime which will reward anyone who runs a full node to earn BTH. This isn’t like master nodes where you need to have a X amount of a certain coin, but it’s unique in that anyone in the world who runs a full node will get rewarded.

I hope this answer explained enough of how we’re differentiating from not only Bitcoin and Ethereum, but from the previous forks of Bitcoin as well. We still have quite a ways to go in our development, as this is just the beginning, but we have big plans for the near term and long term future success of Bithereum.
I import the private key created in the web wallet to the Core wallet, but I get an error:
importprivkey(…)
Invalid private key encoding (code -5)

What web wallet are you using? Also, did you configure your core wallet to connect to mainnet or testnet?
Pages:
Jump to: