Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0 - page 35. (Read 153028 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
August 22, 2015, 07:48:16 AM

And what's the difference between Dan Larimer and MrX? everyone is free to issue an user issued asset. I fail to see how this relates to scam.

"If you don’t believe me or don’t get it, I don’t have time to try to convince you, sorry."

Just buy BTS, but I'am sure that you have enough already.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
August 22, 2015, 07:29:28 AM
I'am there from the beginning. I know well what is UIA. Obviously you don't. That Brownie.Point is created from Dan Larimer main Bitshares developer. You can find out everything about that and other BTS scams (if you read cearfully) on their forum https://bitsharestalk.org/.

And what's the difference between Dan Larimer and MrX? everyone is free to issue an user issued asset. I fail to see how this relates to scam.
August 22, 2015, 07:26:57 AM
I'am there from the beginning. I know well what is UIA. Obviously you don't. That Brownie.Point is created from Dan Larimer main Bitshares developer. You can find out everything about that and other BTS scams (if you read cearfully) on their forum https://bitsharestalk.org/.
legendary
August 22, 2015, 07:15:49 AM

That's an User issued Asset, which has nothing to do with the main development. You could issue an asset too, but I guess you just want to spread FUD Smiley

That asset has nothing to do with the main development? Haha. Do you know who issued that asset and for what purpose. I don't have a time for detail explanation but you can find out yourself :  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18073.0.html

in case you did not get it the first time: Brownie.PTS is an UIA (User Issued Asset) - everyone is free to create one and add value to it. it's freely traded on the decentralized trading platform, thus the trading value comes from users buying and selling.

UIA's are popular on NXT (NXT AE) and many other 2.0 coins.

Since you have a hard time understanding BitShares: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18077.0.html is a great ELI5
August 22, 2015, 07:01:42 AM

That's an User issued Asset, which has nothing to do with the main development. You could issue an asset too, but I guess you just want to spread FUD Smiley

That asset has nothing to do with the main development? Haha. Do you know who issued that asset and for what purpose. I don't have a time for detail explanation but you can find out yourself :  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18073.0.html
legendary
August 22, 2015, 06:50:21 AM
These guys are bunch of liars and thieves. Just look what they did to their investors. They start with 1 Billion shares, now is more then 2.5 without cap. They even invented some Brownie.point  (https://bitsharesblocks.com/asset/orderbook?asset=BROWNIE.PTS) inside their system which is more valuable than BTS. Brownie is under main developer management. Good luck with them.

August 22, 2015, 06:46:04 AM
These guys are bunch of liars and thieves. Just look what they did to their investors. They start with 1 Billion shares, now is more then 2.5 without cap. They even invented some Brownie.point  (https://bitsharesblocks.com/asset/orderbook?asset=BROWNIE.PTS) inside their system which is more valuable than BTS. Brownie is under main developer management. Good luck with them.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
August 22, 2015, 04:21:49 AM
Gonna listen to this this afternoon. i have not focused much on BitShares yet, but i think i should change this quickly. 2.0 looks pretty promising to me.

*** THIS IS A RAW RECORDING – THE EDITED VERSION WILL BE UPLOADED LATER ***

On today’s Beyond Bitcoin BitShares Dev Hangout bytemaster discusses blind transfers, stealth transactions, confidential transactions, stealth confidential transactions, stealth sharedrops, privacy, transactions per second, merchant interfaces, testnets, NullStreet Journal, DPOS Hub and Brownie.PTS.

Transcript Sample

[00:01:43] bytemaster: So many things have happened in the past week I have a hard time keeping up. I would say the most significant update is support for blind transfers or stealth confidential transactions. it has been tested and is passing and is integrated in the master branch of Graphene.

[00:02:16] fuzzy: so this is what we’ve been talking about in terms of being able to transfer privately?

[00:02:23] bytemaster: Yes, without any link between accounts or amount. We are still working on the wallet features for that, but that should be done by the end of today, at the command line wallet level. it won’t be available in the web wallet for some time, because that requires javascript implementation of the blind signing algorithms and that’s a lot of work and we have a lot of other things to do first.

[00:03:24] fuzzy: Is this the basic functionality? Will this be in the first release of BitShares 2.0?

[00:03:36] bytemaster: You will be able to do blind to transfers on the first release, if you have a full wallet on your computer, you can do it from the command line.

legendary
August 21, 2015, 12:21:44 PM
you can now alpha test the Graphene GUI. looks pretty damn amazing! Smiley

http://blog.smartcoin.pw/2015/08/preview-test-gui-for-normal-users-up.html
Activity: 504
Merit: 504
August 17, 2015, 04:16:04 PM

Beyond Bitcoin BitShares Dev Hangout
with Bytemaster
The IDentabit Sharedrop and Brownie Points

Here is the referenced Identabit Announcement.

Partial Transcript...

August 14, 2015

On this weeks Beyond Bitcoin BitShares Developer Hangout, Dan Larimer of Cryptonomex updates us on BitShares 2.0 (Graphene), fills us in on a new sharedrop from IDentabit and fills us up with more delicious Brownies points. Each person that attends a Hangout will receive 100 Brownie.PTS from bytemaster. So join us each Friday at 2PM UTC and become a part of the Beyond Bitcoin Community!

Transcript Summary

[00:01:08] fuzzy: Intro

[00:01:28] bytemaster: So the biggest news of the week is the announcement of a new sharedrop for BitShares, IDentabit. This is a project started by John Underwood. I guess he’s been on mumble a couple of times in the past, I don’t know if he’s here today or not. That’s been something that he’s been trying to work through since the PTS days and all the information is available on the forum.

[00:02:02] bytemaster: I’ll summarize the IDentabit project. It’s basically taking the opposite end of the spectrum. Identity is required in order to have an account on this system. The blockchain is private in the sense that only elected members can connect and see the blockchain. But it’s not centralized in the sense of one company that has this, it’s a set of companies that are monitoring the ledger in many different jurisdictions. So you’ve got a sort of a compromise between the public ledger that everyone can see and a private ledger that only trusted individuals can see.

[00:02:50] bytemaster: But the stakeholders can still vote on who those trusted people are and then the trusted people that can see the blockchain will be complying with regulations necessary to report transactions to the government. Which is really no different than a public blockchain. In a public blockchain all transactions are reported to the government. In the IDentabit blockchain only the transactions that are above certain thresholds are reported to government entities.

[00:03:21] bytemaster: The main difference is that you must do some kind of identity verification to have an account and move money on the system. So it’s sort of targeting a different market. John really believes that the regulators and the banks would prefer a system that is more geared toward them. So that’s the approach that IDentabit’s taking . It’s an approach that BitShares can’t take. But fortunately for us BitShares is getting a 20% sharedrop. Those of us in this mumble session who have brownie points are also going to be getting an extra bonus.

[00:04:09] bytemaster: The bottom line that’s IDentabit. John’s got a impressive resume and background and lots of connections with banking and government. So hopefully he’ll take our community places that BitShares can’t go.

[00:04:27] bytemaster: So I’m really excited about that. Join the discussion, I think the general consensus on the forum is someone’s going to be creating a regulated chain, we might as well have a stake in that space. And so that’s what IDentabit gives us.

[00:04:42] fuzzy: This was very interesting as far as IDentabit, because this is a system to kind of ensure privacy of transactions, right?

Read the rest here...
Activity: 476
August 05, 2015, 08:56:11 AM
Well done guys, I expect you more news and soon to be public release  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 04, 2015, 07:01:02 PM

http://blog.smartcoin.pw/2015/08/sneak-peak-graphene-test.html

you can now test the very alpha (first) graphene interface. Looks pretty good in my opinion!

Graphene interface is stunning. I love the way it looks. Can't wait for stable release  Grin
Activity: 289
August 04, 2015, 04:48:21 PM

you can now test the very alpha (first) graphene interface. Looks pretty good in my opinion!

Uhuh surprise, surprise  Shocked

https://graphene.bitshares.org/
legendary
August 04, 2015, 12:01:15 PM

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 04, 2015, 11:23:24 AM
Bitshares features are outstanding. I like how BitAssets work. They're pegged to the value of fiat currencies such as USD and CNY. Recently, I bought 30 Bitshares (BTS) but I'm planning to buy more. They're really cheap now.  Cheesy
August 03, 2015, 09:00:03 AM
For those that never tried to compile the most recent version on their own and run a private testnet with the new UI, I can tell you this:

* it's EXTREMELY fast and responsive
* it looks awesome
* usability is A LOT better

I am confident and eagerly awaiting the real thing to launch so that I can use the DEX ...

I second that.
August 03, 2015, 08:57:01 AM
Wow, you guys are ahead of my announcement that this week's transcripts are now available!

Bytemaster's Weekly Global Press Conference Transcript

Sample:

July 31, 2015

Bytemaster talks Ethereum, BitShares, the crypto landscape and where they will likely end up. Project updates are not talked about other than to say that the GitHub repository can show the work done in the past week – and bytemaster is now learning to code the front end. Plenty more inside everyone. Sit down with the beyond bitcoin community and stay awhile.

Transcript Summary

[00:00:00] bytemaster: There is only one difference, and I’d say this summarizes the difference between Ethereum and BitShares, and that is you have to have stakeholder approval to enable your smart contract in BitShares, whereas [with] Ethereum you can do any contract you want at any time without asking anyone’s permission.

[00:00:22] bytemaster: So the analogy I have thrown around is, BitShares is like the Apple app store where we add new features to it over time, but they’re all curated and of a relatively high quality. And Ethereum is the Android app store where high quality and low quality exist at the same time, but all kinds of variations of things out there.

[00:02:01] fuzzy: Introduction.

[00:02:32] bytemaster: First of all I’d like to apologize for not getting the testnet out this week. We had several of our guys out sick Monday & Tuesday, and that kind of set us back. But all of the blockchain level things that were preventing us from launching a testnet have been resolved. We will be launching a testnet, I’ve said this every week for the past few weeks but this time I mean it, that will allow Witnesses to get on board.

[00:03:09] bytemaster: Xeroc has been publishing How-To’s to walk Witnesses through the process of importing their stake and getting voted in and starting producing blocks. Now that we have instructions available we can start doing test at that level. So this will be a testnet for Witnesses only. This will not be a testnet for regular users because the web interface is still not at a level that I’m comfortable with the public testing.

[00:03:52] bytemaster: A lot of people have said that I needed to stop focusing on the back-end and start focusing on the front-end. This week I decided to dig into ReactJS and start learning how all of the web interface stuff works and that’s been very productive. So I am now working full time, more or less, on the web interface and making sure that all of that works well with the back-end.

[00:04:26] bytemaster: This has been relatively productive because I know both sides and [it enables me to] fix things and/or improve things to make front-end development easier. That’s what I’m doing and the other guys are preparing for the testnet. ...

Read the rest here...
legendary
August 03, 2015, 08:43:24 AM
beyondbitcoin.org
The transcripts are a boon for me as I never had time to sit and listen to the whole thing.

Yep, really appreciate the extra work for transcripts. I like to listen, but time is always a factor Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1050
August 03, 2015, 06:25:10 AM
beyondbitcoin.org
The transcripts are a boon for me as I never had time to sit and listen to the whole thing.
Pages:
Jump to: