Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0 - page 38. (Read 153028 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
July 13, 2015, 07:31:34 AM
It looks to me, these days, that BTS have lost their way, and are now reduced to pumping vapourware (the 100,000 TPS blockchain) while copying features from other currencies (BTS Exchange Network = NXT Asset Exchange)).

To be honest, main goal of BitShares from beginning was market pegged assets so do you expected market pegged assets without asset exchange?
Do you think NXT Asset Exchange was an first blockchain asset exchange? What about Counterparty and Mastercoin (Omni)?
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
July 13, 2015, 06:42:17 AM
The code is only part of it.......look at the scams carried out using BTC code, or even NXT code. Code is neutral, like a weapon. There's obviously a difference between functional elegant code, and shitty bug filled garbage, but the quality of BTS code is not in question here: the issues have more to do with the business built up around the code.

BTS claims to subscribe to a libertarian philisophy, but then behaves as a dictatorship.
As with DE, I've followed BTS for a long time, and I've completely lost any form of serious faith in the project.
It looks to me, these days, that BTS have lost their way, and are now reduced to pumping vapourware (the 100,000 TPS blockchain) while copying features from other currencies (BTS Exchange Network = NXT Asset Exchange)).

The thing I love about BEN  (in a nasty, sarcastic way... Grin ) is that BTS used to be against the idea of a completely open asset issuance system, but were going to concentrate on building qualitatively superior DACs, rather than allowing absolutely anyone on board, as with the NXT Asset Exchange. Yet now BEN is one of BTS major selling points......and is still vapourware, as is the 100,000 TPS "BTS 2.0 industrial strength" blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
July 13, 2015, 12:19:59 AM
people, that is why nxt is below bts in marketcap because of shills like ^^.. Btw you have something green on your nose there.

The only reason why Bitshares has ANY marketcap at all is because they use disingenuous tactics.

I'm just curious... how many brownie bucks are you going to get for this post?
Dude I could shut u up for good with your nxt project with info you don't like to hear and neither does anyone else how about you stop posting before you stop doing your own community any good k? Mind ur own business and let the real Devs do their work.

My stance towards Bitshares has nothing to do with NXT.  I've said numerous times that NXT has no competition, but, if it did, it certainly isn't from a third-rate, for-profit company run by two disingenuous imbeciles who can't figure out how to make money besides coming up with little schemes which are completely transparent to anyone who possesses more than two brain cells.  Now, I've been following Bitshares for longer than just about anyone, before Protoshares was even released, and I've seen first hand all the changes Bitshares has gone through.  I've heard all the stories about the supposed ideology behind Bitshares and the ideals and intent of the developers and I'd like to tell everyone right now what a line of BS that was.  These clowns have enacted full-fledged Corporatist/Communist policies all under the ruse of being "libertarians" and proponents of free society.  Let me ask you something... When was the last time you met a "libertarian" who didn't believe in free speech? ... Or wanted a central power to be able to enact wealth confiscation? ... Or thought elections should be conducted using the notoriously unfair and riggable approval voting system?

Bitshares is the complete anti-thesis of the ideology behind the cryptocurrency movement and I won't be quiet about revealing traitors to the cause.  They can't buy everyone with their "ass-kissing" bucks.
Have you read the code? I suggest you do so before making such biased opinions.. Only truth is in the code. I recommend to do so and you will probably end up switching over to the good guys Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
July 13, 2015, 12:16:31 AM
people, that is why nxt is below bts in marketcap because of shills like ^^.. Btw you have something green on your nose there.

The only reason why Bitshares has ANY marketcap at all is because they use disingenuous tactics.

Dude I could shut u up for good with your nxt project with info you don't like to hear and neither does anyone else how about you stop posting before you stop doing your own community any good k? Mind ur own business and let the real Devs do their work.

My stance towards Bitshares has nothing to do with NXT.  I've said numerous times that NXT has no competition, but, if it did, it certainly isn't from a third-rate, for-profit company run by two disingenuous imbeciles who can't figure out how to make money besides coming up with little schemes which are completely transparent to anyone who possesses more than two brain cells.  Now, I've been following Bitshares for longer than just about anyone, before Protoshares was even released, and I've seen first hand all the changes Bitshares has gone through.  I've heard all the stories about the supposed ideology behind Bitshares and the ideals and intent of the developers and I'd like to tell everyone right now what a line of BS that was.  These clowns have enacted full-fledged Corporatist/Communist policies all under the ruse of being "libertarians" and proponents of free society.  Let me ask you something... When was the last time you met a "libertarian" who didn't believe in free speech? ... Or wanted a central power to be able to enact wealth confiscation? ... Or thought elections should be conducted using the notoriously unfair and riggable approval voting system?

Bitshares is the complete anti-thesis of the ideology behind the cryptocurrency movement and I won't be quiet about revealing traitors to the cause.  They can't buy everyone with their "ass-kissing" bucks.
Activity: 504
Merit: 504
July 12, 2015, 12:38:08 PM
legendary
July 12, 2015, 06:40:07 AM

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
July 12, 2015, 01:10:39 AM
Nice little 2-minute overview of BitShares 2.0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvPCBEg-5JQ

Video doesn't play, there is a message "this video is private, sorry about that" 
July 11, 2015, 10:04:48 AM
July 11, 2015, 08:53:28 AM
Nice little 2-minute overview of BitShares 2.0:

BitShares 2.0 Overview

July 10, 2015, 10:23:36 AM
One thing is sure, Dan Larimer is a super talented and it seems to me very honest young man and his innovation surely deserves the support of the community.

On this, we agree. I'm a bit leery of Bitshares' model, as fully-backed is my own policy, but Dan is very talented and has a real vision. It remains to be seen if a derivative-type model is a robust proxy for fully-backed, but that's why this whole field is labeled "experimental." Can't have experimental without experiments. Smiley

Until you and Dan can have your full discussion I'll just point out that we see utility in both fully-backed and derivative-types.

Numerous exchange partners will issue "fully backed" User Issued Assets that, of course, have counterparty risk associated with whoever is doing the backing.  Then we have market pegged assets that have no such counterparty risk.

Then users have the ability to spread their risks out as they see fit and rebalance that spread in one second as often as they like.

So the answer to this experiment will be determined on what the market decides.  I think it will pick both.

July 10, 2015, 10:01:12 AM
One thing is sure, Dan Larimer is a super talented and it seems to me very honest young man and his innovation surely deserves the support of the community.

On this, we agree. I'm a bit leery of Bitshares' model, as fully-backed is my own policy, but Dan is very talented and has a real vision. It remains to be seen if a derivative-type model is a robust proxy for fully-backed, but that's why this whole field is labeled "experimental." Can't have experimental without experiments. Smiley

(To be honest, if I could wangle an hour of Dan's time for a one-on-one convo, it would be a very fascinating hour...)

Maybe we could get the two of you on Fuzzy's BeyondBitcoin.org Show...
legendary
July 10, 2015, 09:42:37 AM

I like that you think that I think Bitshares is bad, I don't think I can recall mentioning Nxt.
Wasn't for you
legendary
Activity: 924
July 10, 2015, 08:50:27 AM

(To be honest, if I could wangle an hour of Dan's time for a one-on-one convo, it would be a very fascinating hour...)
July 10, 2015, 08:06:10 AM
So then, it's decided.

Clearly a high-brow, erudite and intellectually stimulating "Altcoin Discussion" is taking place here.

Q.E.D.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
July 10, 2015, 06:17:26 AM
This is indeed a general altcoin discussion thread, the sheer numbers of trolls and FUDing can guarantee you that!

Maybe we should make an "aesthetic" change to [NEWS], [UPD], [UPG] but then again maybe not, because I find it a bit strange that Crestington did't pay attention to similar threads in the top 5 pages, dating back to 2013 and yet he speaks about "bad precedent" and "special treatment" to BitShares.

I'm sad, I hear what you are saying and I disagree. You should always think about the why and how to look into future past, what you say makes no sense whatsoever.

Welcome to our troll family dude! Here you can learn from the Masters!

Oh I see how it is, I can play your games.

Activity: 784
July 10, 2015, 06:04:02 AM
legendary
Activity: 1050
July 10, 2015, 05:48:13 AM

I wouldn't tempt fate. Besides its pointless comparing day to day prices while all these projects are in a nascent stage.
legendary
Activity: 910
July 10, 2015, 04:30:07 AM
This is indeed a general altcoin discussion thread, the sheer numbers of trolls and FUDing can guarantee you that!

Maybe we should make an "aesthetic" change to [NEWS], [UPD], [UPG] but then again maybe not, because I find it a bit strange that Crestington did't pay attention to similar threads in the top 5 pages, dating back to 2013 and yet he speaks about "bad precedent" and "special treatment" to BitShares.

I'm sad, I hear what you are saying and I disagree. You should always think about the why and how to look into future past, what you say makes no sense whatsoever.

Welcome to our troll family dude! Here you can learn from the Masters!

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
July 10, 2015, 04:03:12 AM
Well, we did announce an upgrade to our "altcoin" here.

Since then, we've been using this thread as a place to inform and discuss everything about what we've got going on.

So do you judge the thread by the OP title or the Sum of all Posts collectively?

Seems like a classic  "Altcoin Discussion" to me...  Smiley

Yeah but you have like 10 threads and it's title names it as an announcement thread when there is an announcement section for official announcers. Does the title itself set a bad precedent?

We have to say thank you to BitShares "supporters" DecentralizeEconomics and Newmine who created 8 from 10 threads about BitShares.

That is totally correct, why is it that these topics were created?

Probably because they like BitShares very much and wants to attract more attention at BTT.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
July 10, 2015, 03:01:11 AM
Well, we did announce an upgrade to our "altcoin" here.

Since then, we've been using this thread as a place to inform and discuss everything about what we've got going on.

So do you judge the thread by the OP title or the Sum of all Posts collectively?

Seems like a classic  "Altcoin Discussion" to me...  Smiley

Yeah but you have like 10 threads and it's title names it as an announcement thread when there is an announcement section for official announcers. Does the title itself set a bad precedent?

We have to say thank you to BitShares "supporters" DecentralizeEconomics and Newmine who created 8 from 10 threads about BitShares.

That is totally correct, why is it that these topics were created?
Pages:
Jump to: