Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1214. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I have some basic questions, I have tried to figure out by myself but somehow I am unable to find the answer. I hope you guys are willing to help me out. first of all, how many BC are there going to be in existence? And does BC has a anti-asic feature? Thanks.

Cheers

1) just under 75 million coins

2) you can't mine BC, only buy them on the open market. so any ASIC would be a benefit as people will mine othercoins and buy BC with them

3) only 1% inflation per year. (basically deflation) means your coins are worth more over time. (btc has 10%+ inflation per year)

4)First Proof of stake only coin that doesn't fork.

4)  wasn't there a fork recently?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Given that there is a fairly static amount of coins outstanding, and the small market cap.. i do believe this would be easier to pump than other coins... if someone were to want to do it.
Activity: 339
Merit: 251
Just buy BC while you can. All in guys !
http://pastebin.com/ggT5sehv

what channel is that pastebin from?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
SellALL, BuyBTC
Just buy BC while you can. All in guys !
http://pastebin.com/ggT5sehv
why can't the wallet have an option to only be unlocked for staking but not allow for any transactions to be SENT? then ppl could leave their wallets unlocked to stake without worry of being stolen.
Good point we will try ask rar4 for that feature.Something like transaction password block

That is already in there. I have mine unlocked and can't send transactions without entering my pass.

that's great news! do you enter the unlock command in the console, or select the Unlock Wallet option from the Settings menu?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
why can't the wallet have an option to only be unlocked for staking but not allow for any transactions to be SENT? then ppl could leave their wallets unlocked to stake without worry of being stolen.
Good point we will try ask rar4 for that feature.Something like transaction password block

That is already in there. I have mine unlocked and can't send transactions without entering my pass.

I just sent you and rat4 some small donations  Smiley
Activity: 434
BC Multipools list. If you know any more please add it up;

http://www.bc256pool.com/ - sha256 - running now @ 38GH/s
http://blackcoinminer.com/ - scrypt - running now @ 31MH/s (and mining DOGE  Smiley )
http://blackcoinpool.com/ - scrypt - running now @ 485MH/s
stratum+tcp://blackcoinpool.com:4444 - sha256 - in beta

Please add those pools to OP please.

There's http://www.cryptoalts.com too

Thanks for the lists guys. Hopefully they will go to the OP.
Activity: 476

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
Activity: 809
Lonely@thetop and muffin master thanks for your response, it is a lot clearer now.

Cheers
I have not left my main wallet open for staking and still wont, incase they get stolen.
But i put 2k BC in a wallet and unlocked it this morning already got 0.5BC and all of them have just gone in to stake  Grin

just open the wallet at least once every week, you will still get a good amount of staked coins Smiley
oh really, sweet  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
Blackcoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Blackcoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

BDLyuuX7L9FJcLjjtG6uYgPxfSU72FNutH

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
I have not left my main wallet open for staking and still wont, incase they get stolen.
But i put 2k BC in a wallet and unlocked it this morning already got 0.5BC and all of them have just gone in to stake  Grin

just open the wallet at least once every week, you will still get a good amount of staked coins Smiley
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
I have some basic questions, I have tried to figure out by myself but somehow I am unable to find the answer. I hope you guys are willing to help me out. first of all, how many BC are there going to be in existence? And does BC has a anti-asic feature? Thanks.

Cheers

1) just under 75 million coins

2) you can't mine BC, only buy them on the open market. so any ASIC would be a benefit as people will mine othercoins and buy BC with them

3) only 1% inflation per year. (basically deflation) means your coins are worth more over time. (btc has 10%+ inflation per year)

4)First Proof of stake only coin that doesn't fork.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Cheers

There are currently 74.4 million coins in existence, BC is now a pure POS coin - no more mining, no more new coins except for the 1% yearly interest, so basically majority the coins that will ever be are already in circulation - miners can't mine this to dump for profit.

As it is non-mineable directly (there is a multipool that mines other coins, sells them for BTC and buys BC with it to pay out miners) it doesn't need any anti-asic features, ASICs are BC friends actually because once pointed to the multipool they will help transfer wealth from other altcoins to BC economy faster.
Activity: 809

Cheers
Activity: 98
Activity: 68
Jump to: