Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1211. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
BlackCoin Multipool current speed update for those that want to know and those that just joined in;
Scrypt:   630MH/s
SHA256: 1000GH/s

and growing...

I have to admit, these pools are confusing to me.  Are the payouts coming from one of the existing wallet balances?  Since the coins is PoS at this point, that's the only way it could be getting paid out, or am I missing something major?

The pools mine a coin that is PoW and sell it for btc, they then buy bc with it to give to the miners. So far they are not the most profitable but I see them as a kind of confidence booster for people looking to get into bc.

IPO's can be very good, but a lot of them are just money grabs.
BlackCoin Multipool current speed update for those that want to know and those that just joined in;

and growing...

I have to admit, these pools are confusing to me.  Are the payouts coming from one of the existing wallet balances?  Since the coins is PoS at this point, that's the only way it could be getting paid out, or am I missing something major?

The pools mine a coin that is PoW and sell it for btc, they then buy bc with it to give to the miners. So far they are not the most profitable but I see them as a kind of confidence booster for people looking to get into bc.
Activity: 527
Merit: 503
It was the first hybrid PoW/PoS to go to only PoS with 0 premine and no IPO...... others=crap

I think IPO was genius, now they creators have a lot of money that they can use to create a really awesome product.  Oh well, I guess we all have our favorites..  Nxt has huge things coming it's way though.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
SellALL, BuyBTC

and growing...

They mine other ALTs, dump them on the market and buy BC
Activity: 389

and growing...

RE: BlackCoin virtual/real Visa and Mastercard

tl;dr this will never happen.

Preface: I'm not saying this to hurt BlackCoin. I believe in it, am invested in it, and put my company into it.

Content: That said, there's a lot of naivete going around here, from buyers who haven't been around the crypto community very long, and I think it needs to be set right. There is no point in people getting their expectations up about this.

This card will never exist. There have been a couple attempts since 2011 to do this with Bitcoin. The closest anyone got I'm pretty sure was Charlie Shrem. Visa/MC declined to give him permission after rounds of legal back and forth. At the time that was not V/MC policy because they had no policy on it. Now it is.

Visa and Mastercard have the ultimate say over whether a certain card will be issued, and they have a lot to lose from virtual currencies. They are not going to allow a direct route for withdrawal from crypto to fiat through an ATM. It's not going to happen.

I'm not saying this to burst anyone's bubble, I'm saying it so that a bubble will not form around this idea. Because those of us who've been transacting in crypto/fiat for a long time now understand that this is completely blocked by the card companies and is not going to get off the ground.

I completely appreciate what the OP is trying to do here and applaud his enthusiasm, but prior to a conversation with the card companies this is nothing.

I agree for the most part, but banks have started to soften there stance on bitcoin in recent years.
SellALL, BuyBTC

and growing...

What is the url for this pool?

SCRYPT:
http://www.cryptoalts.com/
http://blackcoinminer.com/
http://blackcoinpool.com/

SHA256
http://www.bc256pool.com/
stratum+tcp://blackcoinpool.com:4444 - in beta

Those numbers above are totals
Activity: 168

and growing...

What is the url for this pool?
SellALL, BuyBTC
News about mt.gox found 670,000 BTC's.
Can you look at the photo of M. Karpeles.... WTF  Huh
http://www.cryptonews.biz/mtgox-found-bitcoin-670000-more-according-to-insider/
SellALL, BuyBTC

and growing...
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Can someone post that pix of that card from previous posts. I can't find it.
I have to see it one more time  Grin

Do your best my friend
If You success you deserve a big donation from the community
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Im down for a BC card  Cool Cool Cool

Lets face it Banks dont like crypto, but the amount of cash that is flowing, they will get in sometime in the future.

I had an example today of why crypto is so good, i paid a $200 check in today in the uk, I was told this may take 28 days to clear into my account and they might write to me to confirm it? seriously this day and age, and a check in $ is considered "sketchy", ok thanks natwest  Roll Eyes
ive only had a current account for many years and the cheque is from Corsair memory INC.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 112
whats up with the rumor BC going to cryptsy today?
just fake?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Anyone else want to sell right now, but don't want BTC? haha
Activity: 168

Preface: I'm not saying this to hurt BlackCoin. I believe in it, am invested in it, and put my company into it.

Content: That said, there's a lot of naivete going around here, from buyers who haven't been around the crypto community very long, and I think it needs to be set right. There is no point in people getting their expectations up about this.

This card will never exist. There have been a couple attempts since 2011 to do this with Bitcoin. The closest anyone got I'm pretty sure was Charlie Shrem. Visa/MC declined to give him permission after rounds of legal back and forth. At the time that was not V/MC policy because they had no policy on it. Now it is.

Visa and Mastercard have the ultimate say over whether a certain card will be issued, and they have a lot to lose from virtual currencies. They are not going to allow a direct route for withdrawal from crypto to fiat through an ATM. It's not going to happen.

I'm not saying this to burst anyone's bubble, I'm saying it so that a bubble will not form around this idea. Because those of us who've been transacting in crypto/fiat for a long time now understand that this is completely blocked by the card companies and is not going to get off the ground.

I completely appreciate what the OP is trying to do here and applaud his enthusiasm, but prior to a conversation with the card companies this is nothing.

Thank you for your comments.

First read this if you haven't: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5955668

With all do respect but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. There are already dedicated Bitcoin ATM machines in the US, and Canada has decided to allow customers to withdraw Bitcoin funds from standard ATM machines. You can already move your cryptocurrencies to a debit card with a few extra steps. I am just eliminating the few extra steps to make it easier for everyone. As I pointed out in my post it will not be called a credit card, but a rewards card. I am not attempting to be a financial institution issuing credit cards, or even PayPal, that is an entirely different thing. People will just be redeeming their BlackCoins for a branded BlackCoin debit card. To say something will never happen is simply ignorant, just as ignorant as me saying it will definitely happen. I rather try my best and be denied, than not try at all because of someone else being denied in the past, or because someone doesn't believe it can happen. And for the record, the representative I spoke with this morning said I have more than a 50% chance getting this approved with the wording and implementation I illustrated.    

PS: I remember the naysayers who said no major retail store would ever accept Bitcoin, how did that prediction pan out?
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

+1 i would have to see it to believe time will tell hopefully there is no hype caused by this
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip

maybe they denied bitcoin back when it was worthless compared to now, and they didn't see it having value. Perhaps they are looking for a coin to piggy back on since bitcoin has already got to the moon? Imagine the PR visa/mastercard would get by the crypto community by authorizing not bitcoin, but blackcoin.

but.... i don't have a lot of hope for this actually to be approved.
Activity: 427
Merit: 252

I did wonder. And nice to have some real world knowledge about this.

When pondering this a few weeks ago, I did come across various pre-load card sites for bitcoin (e.g. https://bitplastic.com/) - are these all scams?
Activity: 308
thrasher.

+1

I don't think many people believe this will happen and will not cause a bubble. The hype behind the mining pools has a better chance.
Activity: 84
BC! UP! UP!
I bought the BC at the price 7500satoshi.
I think it's worth much than 7500satoshi!
Jump to: