Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 383. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Oh, come on, you are getting hypersensitive here. I don't want to bicker but I have seen these types of justifications many times, where the claim is always that the uglier design is somehow more functional. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't buy that type of rationalisation...

I agree with this.  As someone who has worked in UI design for decades, there are some simple rationales to follow, and Wulf's design is definitely a good one.

If you wish to have criticism be constructive... then you need to think as much about your tone as you do about the content.  I also agree that there is no reason not to have a more elegant layout involved and that the current design could be improved - but considering that the RAD environment used to produce the application was designed originally for the Atari ST (I actually didn't even know it had been made opensource and continued as a project) - there are undoubtedly some pretty ridiculous limitation as far as object layouts - i.e. it's not as elegant as a more modern IDE & language would provide.

However, there's absolutely no reason why someone couldn't start a project to produce a similar application using whatever design they chose... but IE has already stated that his application will be closed-source... so working on a separate project would probably be more fruitful than simply going around in circles trying to convince IE to do something different.  Wink

Huh?  Huh I just read what you wrote: " RAD environment used to produce the application was designed originally for the Atari ST"

Wrong Euphoria Smiley....

I am using my own custom flavor developed over the years: http://rapideuphoria.com/

My environment is flexible enough to do pretty much anything I want. However, to use Wulf's design I would literally have to start over to have the core design fit his design. But I will be making changes once everything is working well...
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Anyone know any more or have any good links for the changes to the POS mechanism?

Do you mean the announced changes from rat4?
The changes are shown in detail here:
https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin/compare/master...protocolv2

Thank you.

Is there an updated wallet we need to download?  Or does the change take effect with the blockchain synch?

It is currenty purely a test, no new protocol just yet. This has to be tested extensively first.

Has rat4/anyone else done a press release for this? What were the criticisms (s)he is trying to address and how will the new system differ from the previous one?

Edit: If it is a test the press release might be ott, granted. But investors and potential investors will still be curious.
Activity: 546
Wulf's redesigned GUI have to be the default one. Everything have to be perfect for the Wall Street promo.

If you agree make your voice heard.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. A lot of comments were posted so I will just answer them all here.

1. As I stated before this software will be tweaked many times over the course of the next few weeks and months. The goal now is to get everyone using the software and get feedback on the core functionality.

2. The cards and the software are a commercial product and eventually it will be adapted for other uses. This is not a community funded project and I will not taking votes on GUI design.

3. I never said the GUI was beautiful nor did I say it will not be changed over time. However, no design will please everyone.

4. I said Wulf's design was very nice but it literally cannot work with the design of the software.

5. I normally use a skinning engine but that would have been difficult to implement in this situation because certain dlls would have to be installed on the user-system first. The skinning engine also uses a lot of memory and that defeats the purpose of the app.

Here are some of my products using a more "cleaner" design.

http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/music-chow.htm

http://www.walletcloak.com/download.php

PS: I am use to criticism and negative comments. However, if we are going to encourage other people to join in and offer their talent then we need to be respectful of others work. There is a way you can offer suggestions without being rude. Lets try and keep it civil and change the tone around here.

100% agree. All I posted here was a concept for the GUI design. It seems that other posters in the thread think that this is a pitch for a new design. It's not, it's just a concept GUI I never wanted any sort of "mutiny" to try and force Iconic to change the design. It's not up to us to decide how the GUI will look, IconicExpert has invested his own time and money to make develop Blackcoin Cards, therefore we can't demand him to change anything. IconicExpert has already stated that my design will NOT work with the software. Please refrain from bashing people in this thread, like you've done with IconicExpert over the past page.
Activity: 159
Anyone know any more or have any good links for the changes to the POS mechanism?

Thank you.

Is there an updated wallet we need to download?  Or does the change take effect with the blockchain synch?

It is currenty purely a test, no new protocol just yet. This has to be tested extensively first.

Thanks for the info, and great job on the Blackcast you handsome man!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
Be prepared for a mass wave of card buyers when bc stabilizes above 50 cents
I plan on buying a bunch to give to businesses on the island I live on
Activity: 140
^^ Yeah, this isn't like web design, you can't necessarily do whatever you want with the GUI on real software as there are backend limitations, etc. I'm sure the design will be improved over time as the software is continually worked on. I'm very happy with how it looks, but I'm sure it will get better. It's a big step to have this at all. Smiley
Activity: 183
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
It's time now.To da moon! Wink
Activity: 168
Wulf's redesigned GUI have to be the default one. Everything have to be perfect for the Wall Street promo.

If you agree make your voice heard.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. A lot of comments were posted so I will just answer them all here.

1. As I stated before this software will be tweaked many times over the course of the next few weeks and months. The goal now is to get everyone using the software and get feedback on the core functionality.

2. The cards and the software are a commercial product and eventually it will be adapted for other uses. This is not a community funded project and I will not taking votes on GUI design.

3. I never said the GUI was beautiful nor did I say it will not be changed over time. However, no design will please everyone.

4. I said Wulf's design was very nice but it literally cannot work with the design of the software.

5. I normally use a skinning engine but that would have been difficult to implement in this situation because certain dlls would have to be installed on the user system first. The skinning engine also uses a lot of memory and that defeats the purpose of the app.

Here are some of my products using a more "cleaner" design.

http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/music-chow.htm

http://www.walletcloak.com/download.php

PS: I am use to criticism and negative comments. However, if we are going to encourage other people to join in and offer their talent then we need to be respectful of others work. There is a way you can offer suggestions without being rude. Lets try and keep it civil and change the tone around here.
Activity: 140

See this chart here?

Its from BTC, from 2010-11-01 to 2011-01-01.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#igDailyzczsg2010-11-01zeg2011-01-01ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zl

Doesn't this look familiar? Wink
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Thank you.

Is there an updated wallet we need to download?  Or does the change take effect with the blockchain synch?

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Hi all

First off to Iconic, great work bud on the BlackCoin Cards, I can already see them being a huge success for BlackCoin and for crypto's in general. I had some free time today so I used it to redesign the BlackCoin Card GUI. It's just a concept, but I think it looks quite a bit better than the current GUI. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Redesigned GUI

Original GUI

For those of you who'd like to know. I've just opened a web and logo design service here on Bitcointalk : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wulfcastles-web-logo-wallet-ui-design-service-590322 and I'm allowing people to pay in BlackCoin.

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

Regards,
Wulfcastle
Dang man that thing is gawjus
Activity: 41
Merit: 2
I bought a BlackCard and I have NO Windows product.  Why did I but a card you ask SUPPORT....Is there any way though we can get this working on a mac PC ?!?!?!?

I'm a Mac user as well, and I bought a BlackCard too.  I was just going to use VMware Fusion and run a virtual windows machine until they come out with a Mac version.
Activity: 159

Thank you.

Activity: 462
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK - Update 27
FIBONACCI AND ELIOT WAVE - FACT OR FICTION? YOU DECIDE!

[/size]

Cringe! You're not really even close here. But I really like that you're trying it out.

First off, "Elliott Wave" not "Eliot Wave". Second, Ralph Nelson Elliott's Wave Principles are all over the interwebs now it's pretty easy to self-educate. Note: a big thing with Elliott wave theory is that you go UP in a 1-2-3-4-5 pattern and then correct DOWN in the A-B-C pattern.
Third, MACD's, stochastics, RSI, 200-day moving averages, exponential moving averages, etc etc etc are absolutely useless. Trust me I've researched this stuff my entire career and all those 'indicators' are useless in real-time for future predictions. Since you seem to be so persistent I though I would suggest you seriously peruse academic papers done on "Technical Analysis" here: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/DisplayAbstractSearch.cfm
Fourth....We are now, yet again for the third time in a week, down again here at this 23k-25k region on low volume. I know some traders who swear by the third re-test of support as being the make-or-break re-test. We'll see though...

JL

Thanks JL, if have made my ELLIOT correction.

Cringe?  What do you mean?  If I am so wrong why dont you post your analysis.   It seems to me that you dont want the price of BC to go up because you are waiting for a bigger sell-off for cheaper BC.

I am trying to promote (educate) the use of intelligent analysis so that people who buy BC have a better understanding of how the market moves and you try to totally discredit what I am doing?

Buy-Black

Buy-Black, it makes me cringe when I see completely incorrect technical analysis. Technical analysis can be incredibly useful, profitable and powerful when used correctly however it can be misleading, embarrassing and dangerous when used incorrectly. Furthermore, you do the entire world of technical analysis harm when you portray completely incorrect analysis.
Also, a lot of the time there is nothing really to analyze, especially in the short-term daily stuff. You don't always have to post analysis because it gets you caught up completely missing the forest for the trees, if that makes sense.
Take a step back once in awhile and look at the bigger picture.
You do make a good point though that I just criticized and didn't contribute...
so here is my Elliott (2 "L"'s and 2 "T"'s):

"To the moon" as they say!
We also have a short-term high volume high at 29998 which will be re-tested I'm guessing shortly.

JL
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
No, IE should keep it as he pleases as long as it is in development status. Reliability and multilinguality should be the main focus everything else can wait.
I for one don't care about twitter and don't want it in at all, so 1/3 twitter doesn't appeal to me at all.
Activity: 221
Bitcoin lover
so what the hell is up with cryptsy charging .5 BC for a withdrawal??  Angry

Use Mintpal, very low fee compared to Cryptsy
Activity: 574

Thank you.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Activity: 546
Hi all

First off to Iconic, great work bud on the BlackCoin Cards, I can already see them being a huge success for BlackCoin and for crypto's in general. I had some free time today so I used it to redesign the BlackCoin Card GUI. It's just a concept, but I think it looks quite a bit better than the current GUI. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Redesigned GUI

Original GUI

For those of you who'd like to know. I've just opened a web and logo design service here on Bitcointalk : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wulfcastles-web-logo-wallet-ui-design-service-590322 and I'm allowing people to pay in BlackCoin.

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

Regards,
Wulfcastle

HI,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I read your PM but I was very busy and I wanted to respond in detail. The GUI is constantly being tweaked and it will continue to be tweaked weeks and months ahead. When designing a GUI you have to take your core demographic into consideration when deciding layout, font size, color, element location...etc..etc. Unfortunately the wallet software has to appeal to a diverse demographic and finding the right balance will take tweaking. There has to be a balance between beauty and functionality.

Your design is very nice but it is not a practical design for my development environment. When you design GUIs for developers you have to know the limitations of the tools being used to create the software, and you have to have a general knowledge of GUI design from a developers point of view. Also, you always have to take the end-user into consideration when designing GUIs. What appeals to a young techie will not appeal to someone in their late 50s that most likely use corrective lenses and cannot read computer font well.

Thank you and keep up the good work!
Thanks man, no problem. I just wanted to show you my concept for the GUI. I understand that there as to be a balance between beauty and functionality, and the current GUI looks good. My concept was aimed more at the "young techie" rather than an elderly person, therefore it probably wouldn't be suited to as wide a demographic as your GUI.

Maybe Iconic will let your design become a skin option that people can use if they wish for the GUI on the BC card?

Yup Smiley Down the road I will implement a custom skin system. This is the very early stages of this software. There will be many features added and also removed over time. My next goal is to get everything localized so by late June / early July our Non-Enlgish speaking friends can enjoy BC in their native language.
Good stuff, once our Chinese friends hear about this forget the moon BC going to the edge to the Solar System
Activity: 308
Oh, come on, you are getting hypersensitive here. I don't want to bicker but I have seen these types of justifications many times, where the claim is always that the uglier design is somehow more functional. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just don't buy that type of rationalisation... I don't like the idea that beauty somehow prevents functionality.

I agree with you.  Your last post just read like an attack and did not express any of this at all.  Did not mean to start anything.

Phad
Jump to: