Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 801. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
who is dumping!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
edit: Are there plans to add cpu coins to the pool? I realize they're not really profitable. But it's much easier to set up a cpu mining program (basically just needs threads) and would be better for introducing noobies.
Yeah, the addition of CPU mining coins would be great. I got several Xeon E3 1240v3 mostly idling around, letting them work with scrypt cpu miner would be nonsense if i am not wrong. Or did that thing improve?

You are not wrong... on a good day you'd get the same hashrate as a $200 GPU and spend 5X the power to get it. Cheesy

EDIT - from ALL of them I mean... a single Xeon wouldn't come close to a $200 GPU. Smiley
yip, that's what i thought, thanks for confirming. Didn't follow the development of CPU scrypt recently, but (being professional coder myself) i do not see too much potential for improvement there. Algorythmn must be designed for "CPU only" to make sense...

Multipool with e.g. MemoryCoin could make sense, that is said to be still profitable with CPU mining iirc. Probably PrimeCoin still good for it as well...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Mornin everyone i have an answer from gyft.com they say:

APR 15, 2014  |  04:42PM PDT
Krystle L replied:
Hey!

Thank you for using gyft!

If Bitpay starts to accept it, we will! You may want to reach out to them as well. Smiley
Thanks!
Gyft Team

now we have to ask bitpay to add us!! This is work!! ^^

AND PLEASE IGNORE THE TROLLS!
Activity: 546
Merit: 510
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
Just a little thanks to those that helped me withdraw 10 thousand dollars without making me reduce my stake by more than 10000 blackcoins
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I look at 3 things to determine a coins future viability. Technical aspects,  cult following,  and x factors. Blackcoin is extremely rare in the fact it is one of a very few coins that has all 3.
Activity: 308
thrasher.
Suddenly the level of discussion increased and the trolls left as the speculators lost interest.

Everyone remember to sign up for blackcointalk.com. We need to start building a community there. It would be really nice if we could get a nice layout like the multipool going.
Activity: 392
edit: Are there plans to add cpu coins to the pool? I realize they're not really profitable. But it's much easier to set up a cpu mining program (basically just needs threads) and would be better for introducing noobies.
Yeah, the addition of CPU mining coins would be great. I got several Xeon E3 1240v3 mostly idling around, letting them work with scrypt cpu miner would be nonsense if i am not wrong. Or did that thing improve?

You are not wrong... on a good day you'd get the same hashrate as a $200 GPU and spend 5X the power to get it. Cheesy

EDIT - from ALL of them I mean... a single Xeon wouldn't come close to a $200 GPU. Smiley
Activity: 392
Anyhow, IF we see BlackCoin starting up a large Wave 3 here soon expect the rally to be far larger than the Wave 1 we just saw (and Wave 1 more or less took us from 5k to 95k, or an 1800% return). A large Wave 3 could easily take us to 400k (a 1900% return) and potentially much higher due to the ridiculous strength and speed of Wave 1.

I don't believe in any kind of chart analysis as a predictor... but I do believe in your fundamentals statement: coin has shown it has good value as a crypto currency for the original purpose Bitcoin was intended for: except done more efficiently and faster.  And there's no mining inflation... But I actually also like NXT for the same reason (also an investor in NXT).

Short term, BC is still not known by many, yet.. and the benefits of BC not understood by many.. This will change over time, but until that time where it reaches a broader audience, it will be difficult to sustain the interim valuations we saw from past few days.. That said, long term I'm a believer in this coin.

While I partially agree with you (as far as technical analysis) - it actually is accurate enough much of the time to be very useful.  In exactly the same way that studying history is useful, or psychology for that matter - because ultimately almost anything considered valuable in this world (especially crypto currencies) has little to no intrinsic value - the obvious exceptions being food, water, and shelter.  Everything else is people - so although you can debate the validity of a particular statistical or technical theory - you can't debate the fact that people are creatures of habit, the broad majority of which spend their lives following the herd.

Simply being involved in crypto currencies at this point means you're slightly more of a maverick and less of a sheep - but the 'follower' mentality is alive and well.

If stocks, currencies, and even consumer goods were purchased only based on their fundamentals - you would never be able to trade for profit.  Well, you could, but it would be as boring as following Warren Buffet's trades (note that I didn't say you couldn't make money investing that way - but you won't trading per se).

On the other hand if you look at almost anything that has the same situation as crypto currencies - even just pop culture 'properties' like Britney Spears or Justin Bieber, or a TV show like Mad Men or CSI.... it actually follows a very similar pattern.  

Does the following describe a coin, country, celebrity, band, and/or creative product?:

1- Nearly complete obscurity.
2- Tiny cult following.
3- Moderate press coverage and some public notoriety.
4- Moderate money infusion, marketing, and popularity.
5- Disillusionment of cult followers & mass popularity.
6- Explosive growth and notoriety.
------------------------------------------------------
7- Crisis of control - loss of popularity.
8- Replacement by similar property currently at step 4.
9- Return to obscurity.
                 -or-
7- Adaptation to current prevailing trends.
8- Universal notoriety and adoption.
9- Nominal reduction in growth but sustains value long-term.

(* And I completely agree with you on the fundamentals of BC, of course *)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Anyhow, IF we see BlackCoin starting up a large Wave 3 here soon expect the rally to be far larger than the Wave 1 we just saw (and Wave 1 more or less took us from 5k to 95k, or an 1800% return). A large Wave 3 could easily take us to 400k (a 1900% return) and potentially much higher due to the ridiculous strength and speed of Wave 1.

I don't believe in any kind of chart analysis as a predictor... but I do believe in your fundamentals statement: coin has shown it has good value as a crypto currency for the original purpose Bitcoin was intended for: except done more efficiently and faster.  And there's no mining inflation... But I actually also like NXT for the same reason (also an investor in NXT).

Short term, BC is still not known by many, yet.. and the benefits of BC not understood by many.. This will change over time, but until that time where it reaches a broader audience, it will be difficult to sustain the interim valuations we saw from past few days.. That said, long term I'm a believer in this coin.

our main goal first is to be on top 3 no1 BTC no2 LTC and no3 BC... but how? if we even cant beat AUR which i believe was left by many...

What do you mean by beating Auroracoin? AUR is sitting at 28th in market cap ($1 million) based on number of publicly available coins and it has a $49,000 market volume. After the drop BC is sitting at #9 in market cap ($10 million) with $3 million in market volume.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

I realize these numbers aren't everything. Maybe you mean something else. AUR is a really neat concept, not intending to coin bash.

what i mean is bc is more popular than aur right now ... aur price is 0.001 when it started i think but bc never reaches that so we never beat aur.. like drk its very quiet but its price is 0.001 ... so i wrote we need to beat all these alts to make it at no.3 ... because many says we will replace btc.. bc is a replacement of btc but how if we cannot top the altcoins first..

i still believe bc lacks something .. we have the strong and great community as you say... but we are missing something secret ingredient

Need more publicity and convince other altcoin holders to jump on board.

thats 1... and i hope you are getting my point of view

our main goal first is to be on top 3 no1 BTC no2 LTC and no3 BC... but how? if we even cant beat AUR which i believe was left by many...

What do you mean by beating Auroracoin? AUR is sitting at 28th in market cap ($1 million) based on number of publicly available coins and it has a $49,000 market volume. After the drop BC is sitting at #9 in market cap ($10 million) with $3 million in market volume.

I realize these numbers aren't everything. Maybe you mean something else. AUR is a really neat concept, not intending to coin bash.

what i mean is bc is more popular than aur right now ... aur price is 0.001 when it started i think but bc never reaches that so we never beat aur.. like drk its very quiet but its price is 0.001 ... so i wrote we need to beat all these alts to make it at no.3 ... because many says we will replace btc.. bc is a replacement of btc but how if we cannot top the altcoins first..

i still believe bc lacks something .. we have the strong and great community as you say... but we are missing something secret ingredient

Need more publicity and convince other altcoin holders to jump on board.
Activity: 294
Auroracoin wont even be a player long term. 50% premine country coins are a joke.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I still think a good goal would be to introduce new miners to the multipool at this point. Maybe we could make a cleaner looking blackcoin-themed GUI miner (we could take out the stratum/host/port stuff to help simplify it a bit too). Maybe set up the clients for "known hardware configs"?

If we could make the pool, literally, the simplest and easiest way to make money on the internet... well, I think that would be a good start.

Yeah that's a great idea as well.  Mining is a way for coin distribution and getting people to know about BC...

It is always best to make it easier for people to adopt.  Hardest thing about these cryptos is getting someone to even install a wallet.. People pay $4 / install for stupid android apps.. so .. if we can get more people to install or mine, that's value right there.

Activity: 840
Merit: 516
our main goal first is to be on top 3 no1 BTC no2 LTC and no3 BC... but how?

Agree that's an important goal... however I believe a more fundamental metric that we should drive is not the price, but the coin/wallet distribution.  That is something more controllable than the price.

This coin has the advantage of not having a mining inflation dump.. in fact it has the opposite via reverse multi-pool.

So really.. the *only* thing we really need to do at this point is to promote and let more people know about this coin.  If each of us just told 10 persons about this coin (and maybe even give them 1 BC to encourage them to download a wallet)... and hopefully they will tell their friends.  Use facebook, twitter, reddit, youtube videos.. other forums to spread the info on the internet.. Then the value of the coin will rise by itself.  People will see the value.

Other thing is we should leverage the advantage that Blackcoin has in terms of service compatibility.. get it on all exchanges, all wallets: android/ios/web.. get it everywhere so everyone can get access to it.

if we even cant beat AUR which i believe was left by many...

Well.. depends on how you calculate AUR, coinmarketcap recently adjusted AUR, and it's now at #28 based on current float coins instead of total available coins.  (I'm a holder of AUR as well).  

I still think a good goal would be to introduce new miners to the multipool at this point. Maybe we could make a cleaner looking blackcoin-themed GUI miner (we could take out the stratum/host/port stuff to help simplify it a bit too). Maybe set up the clients for "known hardware configs"?

If we could make the pool, literally, the simplest and easiest way to make money on the internet... well, I think that would be a good start.

NO (or at least it shouldn't be). Our main goal is to be a stable, secure, and useful means of exchange and store of value.  The rest is what comes with proving the first. Wink

i've said that because i think no.1 we are stable now no.2 we are also secure...  nobody cant stop what you call the P&Ds because we are on trading... you cannot tell anyone or somebody who will buy Bc at cheap prices and sold at high prices of course everybody is doing that... but what really happens is a whale or group bought at low price high volume maybe starts at 9k then wait for the peak they wanted probly 70-80's then they leave.. so us (mostly) little ones were left stuck at 6-7 since they sold and never come back or probly waiting another buildup then they will buy again.. correct me if im wrong but thats what i think what happen

and i admit i did a mistake for putting a buy order and then sleep and woke up it was filled at 70 but price is at 36. that was a huge mistake for me though im just a very very tiny shrimp with only 1 btc hoping to double it in BC but its ok .. i am in crypto and i understand anything can happen anytime...
Activity: 840
Merit: 516

Jump to: