Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 802. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
our main goal first is to be on top 3 no1 BTC no2 LTC and no3 BC... but how?

Agree that's an important goal... however I believe a more fundamental metric that we should drive is not the price, but the coin/wallet distribution.  That is something more controllable than the price.

This coin has the advantage of not having a mining inflation dump.. in fact it has the opposite via reverse multi-pool.

So really.. the *only* thing we really need to do at this point is to promote and let more people know about this coin.  If each of us just told 10 persons about this coin (and maybe even give them 1 BC to encourage them to download a wallet)... and hopefully they will tell their friends.  Use facebook, twitter, reddit, youtube videos.. other forums to spread the info on the internet.. Then the value of the coin will rise by itself.  People will see the value.

Other thing is we should leverage the advantage that Blackcoin has in terms of service compatibility.. get it on all exchanges, all wallets: android/ios/web.. get it everywhere so everyone can get access to it.

if we even cant beat AUR which i believe was left by many...

Well.. depends on how you calculate AUR, coinmarketcap recently adjusted AUR, and it's now at #28 based on current float coins instead of total available coins.  (I'm a holder of AUR as well).  

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
BlackCoin has super strong. Grin Go on~~~
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
s on the front page sent to my wallet.  Are you sure you're looking at the right transaction?  Should be ~15.4BC/Mh/s.

Shows Profitability (BC/MH)  14.43
for me

Next is Blackcoin Sent and its not what I received and it was the same timestamp, so..

Its not a massive deal, Im not a full time miner just thought I'd mention it
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Anyhow, IF we see BlackCoin starting up a large Wave 3 here soon expect the rally to be far larger than the Wave 1 we just saw (and Wave 1 more or less took us from 5k to 95k, or an 1800% return). A large Wave 3 could easily take us to 400k (a 1900% return) and potentially much higher due to the ridiculous strength and speed of Wave 1.

I don't believe in any kind of chart analysis as a predictor... but I do believe in your fundamentals statement: coin has shown it has good value as a crypto currency for the original purpose Bitcoin was intended for: except done more efficiently and faster.  And there's no mining inflation... But I actually also like NXT for the same reason (also an investor in NXT).

Short term, BC is still not known by many, yet.. and the benefits of BC not understood by many.. This will change over time, but until that time where it reaches a broader audience, it will be difficult to sustain the interim valuations we saw from past few days.. That said, long term I'm a believer in this coin.

our main goal first is to be on top 3 no1 BTC no2 LTC and no3 BC... but how? if we even cant beat AUR which i believe was left by many...

NO (or at least it shouldn't be). Our main goal is to be a stable, secure, and useful means of exchange and store of value.  The rest is what comes with proving the first. Wink
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Anyhow, IF we see BlackCoin starting up a large Wave 3 here soon expect the rally to be far larger than the Wave 1 we just saw (and Wave 1 more or less took us from 5k to 95k, or an 1800% return). A large Wave 3 could easily take us to 400k (a 1900% return) and potentially much higher due to the ridiculous strength and speed of Wave 1.

I don't believe in any kind of chart analysis as a predictor... but I do believe in your fundamentals statement: coin has shown it has good value as a crypto currency for the original purpose Bitcoin was intended for: except done more efficiently and faster.  And there's no mining inflation... But I actually also like NXT for the same reason (also an investor in NXT).

Short term, BC is still not known by many, yet.. and the benefits of BC not understood by many.. This will change over time, but until that time where it reaches a broader audience, it will be difficult to sustain the interim valuations we saw from past few days.. That said, long term I'm a believer in this coin.

our main goal first is to be on top 3 no1 BTC no2 LTC and no3 BC... but how? if we even cant beat AUR which i believe was left by many...
The latest pool payout seems to have messed up a bit.   Its stated payout is about 15x what it actually sent to my wallet.

Anyone else getting that disparity

I got exactly what it shows on the front page sent to my wallet.  Are you sure you're looking at the right transaction?  Should be ~15.4BC/Mh/s.
STT
legendary
The latest pool payout seems to have messed up a bit.   Its stated payout is about 15x what it actually sent to my wallet.

Anyone else getting that disparity
Activity: 294
★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★
sa
hey guys i am holden a large amount bc. how i can save this 100% safe?
any ideas?

do you think this site is serious? http://paperwallet.ga/BlackCoin/

just save your wallet.dat on an usb stick, and/or on another pc so if your pc crashes you still have your coins

you do not want this file (wallet.dat) on an computer connected to the internet or it could be compromised!!

is there specific, for a newbie, steps on how to get it off? I have saved that file to usb sticks, but don't know what to do now.

Mac? PC? Linux? You need to find the directory that holds the original wallet.dat file to remove it. This is the exact same process for a Bitcoin wallet when using the Qt client. There are plenty of tutorials out there to access your wallet file for the Bitcoin-Qt. Same procedure, same directory, but for BlackCoin-Qt folder

I'm on a Mac. I've actually never had the bitcoin-qt downloaded before (the blackcoin-qt is my first and only). I didn't realize I could find a bitcoin tutorial and have it be the same process as this one. I will go try to dig around!

Since you are on a mac you will need to start by pulling aside the veil...to look into your system files. Here's a link to a tutorial that shows you how to show-all files:
http://krypted.com/mac-os-x/mavericks-show-hidden-files/
Next, open finder and go the the home "user" tab... you should see a greyed out "Library" folder. Look inside, find "Application Support." Inside you will find the "BlackCoin-Qt" folder which contains your wallet.dat file. If you were backing up a Bitcoin wallet I would suggest saving the blockchain too (because its a huge file - 17+ gbs - and its a pain in the ass to download).
BUT, since you are dealing with BlackCoin the blockchain is new and very small. So, just worry about wiping your computer of that "wallet.dat" file  Wink
Best of luck to you and your stash of coin!

thank you so so so much!!!
Activity: 364

+1 Cheesy
Activity: 154

Intro to Elliott Wave Theory

Since MintPal is being a bastard tonight and not loading any charts for me, leaving me without an ability to do continued Wyckoff volume analysis, I'll go into another pretty interesting form of technical analysis and show you some Elliott Wave Theory.
In it's basic form, Elliott Wave Theory can provide a roadmap for where things currently stand. I've used it to trade stocks, bonds, currencies and now crypto-currencies. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not successfully.
Here is the basic premise: prices move up in 5 distinct 'waves'. Wave 1 up, wave 2 down, wave 3 up (and typically the strongest), wave 4 down (and typically does NOT touch wave 1 high) and finale with wave 5 which can be volatile and emotional-ridden. After Wave 5's peak you see dramatic declines at first, signifying wave 'a' down, wave 'b' then has some sort of rally which fizzles and then wave 'c' is capitulation but does NOT break below wave 1 (if it does, head for the hills because the thing is dead).
From there the entire Wave 1-5 rally becomes a larger Wave 1 and after the a-b-c correction completes it becomes a large Wave 2. From there a new Wave 3 starts up and is far larger than the entire large Wave 1 (made up of the 1-5 rally). Here's a visual if I lost you:

And here's how I see BlackCoin now (sorry, Poloniex chart):

We have just completed a near-perfect 5-wave rally, which could (Elliott Wave technicians use could a lot) now be a larger Wave 1, and we may (Elliott Wave technicians use may a lot, too) be a corresponding perfect a-b-c correction that is now a wave 2. From here we might be close to starting a massive Wave 3....of course we might also have completed a larger 'A' wave and could be in store for a big 'B' rally wave (not likely to new highs) which may then be followed by a big wave C decline back to these levels or lower, or overall sideways consolidation.

I will post this disclaimer: in the long term Elliott Wave has so far only showed good predictability with 1 crypto: BTC. Every other crypto so far that had a perfect wave 1 rally has had a completely miserable Wave 2 which breaks (or eventually breaks) below Wave 1 and completely throws negates Elliott Wave. I think the inflation effects and predatory mining effects and pump-and-dump effects, and most importantly the lack of good fundamentals has been the root cause of every crypto's undoing though.
BlackCoin however has little to no inflation, good fundamentals (both in the transaction speed and in the multipool) and a large community backing it up (you and I).

We'll see.
First donation request for opening up your technical analysis world here.
BA9XTjcB8v91gga8zbqpuabJTZDQAvtVHz

JL

Although I was (cursorily at least) familiar with Elliott Wave theory analysis - and the numerous caveats required to actually apply it successfully (or not depending on whether you agree with those caveats  Wink ) I always enjoy your posts and sent you a little love for your wallet.  Keep it coming!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

Since MintPal is being a bastard tonight and not loading any charts for me, leaving me without an ability to do continued Wyckoff volume analysis, I'll go into another pretty interesting form of technical analysis and show you some Elliott Wave Theory.
In it's basic form, Elliott Wave Theory can provide a roadmap for where things currently stand. I've used it to trade stocks, bonds, currencies and now crypto-currencies. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not successfully.
Here is the basic premise: prices move up in 5 distinct 'waves'. Wave 1 up, wave 2 down, wave 3 up (and typically the strongest), wave 4 down (and typically does NOT touch wave 1 high) and finale with wave 5 which can be volatile and emotional-ridden. After Wave 5's peak you see dramatic declines at first, signifying wave 'a' down, wave 'b' then has some sort of rally which fizzles and then wave 'c' is capitulation but does NOT break below wave 1 (if it does, head for the hills because the thing is dead).
From there the entire Wave 1-5 rally becomes a larger Wave 1 and after the a-b-c correction completes it becomes a large Wave 2. From there a new Wave 3 starts up and is far larger than the entire large Wave 1 (made up of the 1-5 rally). Here's a visual if I lost you:

We have just completed a near-perfect 5-wave rally, which could (Elliott Wave technicians use could a lot) now be a larger Wave 1, and we may (Elliott Wave technicians use may a lot, too) be a corresponding perfect a-b-c correction that is now a wave 2. From here we might be close to starting a massive Wave 3....of course we might also have completed a larger 'A' wave and could be in store for a big 'B' rally wave (not likely to new highs) which may then be followed by a big wave C decline back to these levels or lower, or overall sideways consolidation.

I will post this disclaimer: in the long term Elliott Wave has so far only showed good predictability with 1 crypto: BTC. Every other crypto so far that had a perfect wave 1 rally has had a completely miserable Wave 2 which breaks (or eventually breaks) below Wave 1 and completely throws negates Elliott Wave. I think the inflation effects and predatory mining effects and pump-and-dump effects, and most importantly the lack of good fundamentals has been the root cause of every crypto's undoing though.
BlackCoin however has little to no inflation, good fundamentals (both in the transaction speed and in the multipool) and a large community backing it up (you and I).

We'll see.

JL

Very nice.  I'm suprised no one else does TA.

In respect to other alts, bc is a bit different since newly mined coins are being dumped.  Also we have the buying pressure from 2-3 multipools. 
Multipool gonna xfer btc to exchanges soon I think

Isn't it done at 12am eastern?

It's been around 4am GMT but some days it's been 6am GMT.

Should be a decent payout with BC low (comparatively at least) and many alts being manipulated upwards... though don't know how many of those we're mining.  Many others took a crap today so it might even out really.

Regardless the amount of BC will obviously be much higher than yesterday. Wink
Activity: 479
sa
any ideas?

just save your wallet.dat on an usb stick, and/or on another pc so if your pc crashes you still have your coins

you do not want this file (wallet.dat) on an computer connected to the internet or it could be compromised!!

is there specific, for a newbie, steps on how to get it off? I have saved that file to usb sticks, but don't know what to do now.

Mac? PC? Linux? You need to find the directory that holds the original wallet.dat file to remove it. This is the exact same process for a Bitcoin wallet when using the Qt client. There are plenty of tutorials out there to access your wallet file for the Bitcoin-Qt. Same procedure, same directory, but for BlackCoin-Qt folder

I'm on a Mac. I've actually never had the bitcoin-qt downloaded before (the blackcoin-qt is my first and only). I didn't realize I could find a bitcoin tutorial and have it be the same process as this one. I will go try to dig around!

Since you are on a mac you will need to start by pulling aside the veil...to look into your system files. Here's a link to a tutorial that shows you how to show-all files:
http://krypted.com/mac-os-x/mavericks-show-hidden-files/
Next, open finder and go the the home "user" tab... you should see a greyed out "Library" folder. Look inside, find "Application Support." Inside you will find the "BlackCoin-Qt" folder which contains your wallet.dat file. If you were backing up a Bitcoin wallet I would suggest saving the blockchain too (because its a huge file - 17+ gbs - and its a pain in the ass to download).
BUT, since you are dealing with BlackCoin the blockchain is new and very small. So, just worry about wiping your computer of that "wallet.dat" file  Wink
Best of luck to you and your stash of coin!
Activity: 462

We'll see.

JL
Activity: 294
★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★
sa
any ideas?

STT
legendary
1 bc = 1 lambo Grin
1 bc = 1 DILDO  Grin Grin Grin
A lambo is a male dildo for most owners.  The majority of which cannot handle it nor will ever use it properly making it a virtual phallus

P2P Pool, 0.5% fee!
High-speed server located in Amsterdam

A p2p pool for what exactly  Huh

Some relevance to crypto in general :

Code:
Mastercard's Slow Race To The Bottom

In 2002, Mastercard (NYSE:MA) earned $0.66 from every $40 credit card swipe at a retail store. By 2012, regulators slashed that to $0.24- a staggering 63% reduction. Just like the stockbrokers that earned $80 commissions in 1990 now earning $7, so too will Mastercard's power to charge fees inevitably diminish. Once upon a time, Mastercardearned credit card interchange ("swipe") fees exceeding 3%. Today, Mastercard earns just 1.7% per U.S. credit card swipe. It will not be long before this falls below 0.5%, as it already has in Australia and and France.

Every industry has its day in the sun, but the sun always sets. Of course, Mastercard's demise will not be a moment but rather a slow, inexorable, downward swirl. Major analysts agree. In January, Sandler O'Neill initiated coverage of Mastercard with a lukewarm Hold rating. In February, FBR Capital downgraded Mastercard stock rating, commenting on Mastercard's "lackluster" quarterly results and "negative investor sentiment." In March, Guggenheim axed its price target from $93 to $5.

Mastercard has already acknowledged the end of its traditional reign, investing in ewallet companies directly like Monitise and partnering with ewallet processors like New Media Insights (NMEDD). Most of its initiatives in 2014 relate to mobile payments, although it rarely acknowledges that these initiatives will accompany drastically reduced profit margins. Although it will earn just a fraction of the 0.5% charged by companies like New Media Insights for ewallet transactions, at least something is better than the looming zero on its horizon.

Today, ewallet-to-ewallet processors like New Media Insights charge just 0.5% per transaction versus Mastercard's antiquating 1.7%. Ewallet payments are not credit card transactions and therefore avoid Mastercard's traditional rake. Readers might be familiar with Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) trumpeting its mobile payment app which not coincidentally avoids credit card fees when customers refill their account via ACH.

To explain ewallets briefly, suppose a customer has an ewallet account on a smartphone. This ewallet is filled with, say, $100 from the customer's personal checking account. Suppose a gas station merchant also has an ewallet. Now suppose the customer buys $40 of gas by transferring $40 from ewallet to ewallet. This transaction occurs through a temporary 16-digit Mastercard number that displays on the customer's smartphone and expires after 20 minutes. The cashier types the 16 digits manually into the gas station's traditional credit card terminal. The transaction occurs when the $40 is transferred from the customer's ewallet to the gas station's ewallet, and New Media Insights rakes 0.5% for its service. Although Mastercard does not earn anywhere close to its 1.7%, Mastercard does earn a small percentage of New Media Insights' 0.5% for providing the temporary 16 digit number.

All told, Americans made $2.4 trillion in credit card purchases in 2012, resulting in $41.2 billion in interchange ("swipe") fees. Unfortunately, the growth rate of swipe fees is slowing every year, and its decline is inevitable as ewallet payments become more popular among smartphone users. Beware of growth rate trajectories that plateau and then turn negative. Mastercard's race to the bottom will not be fun for shareholders. Consider instead the exponential growth of mobile payment solutions like ewallets and Mastercard's competitor-partners like New Media Insights.

See: http://www.investing.com/analysis/mastercard's-slow-race-to-the-bottom-209483
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Multipool gonna xfer btc to exchanges soon I think

Isn't it done at 12am eastern?
Activity: 126
I announce this important message: Hold your BlackCoins. It is worth a lot of money. I saw people selling BlackCoins on ebay for $1 each. It's worth at least $1 each in the short term.
Activity: 308
Fucking whale assholes.  I lost 5 bitcoins on this shit.  who's face can I beat

hahaha

greedy idiot.

5BTC isn't even .001% of the daily BC traded You fucking asshole.

I'll make it back overnight.  It's just going to be a long night of trading.  ugghh

You just don't learn your lesson do you?

lol what a retard.
Jump to: