Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 981. (Read 2509934 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
I bought BC when it was 0.00005000 BTC in mid march now its more than 3 times of the price I bought !!!!!
Do you recommend holding it?
Yes i recommed holding it. I got it at that price too. I just keep buying more. Whenever I get more cash I buy more blackcoin. I dont hesistate. Its the best coin and its direction is up. This isnt a pump its a correction. Anyone who sells is nuts. This is not a pump+dump coin its a pump coin. Its an up coin.

The reason I asked this is that everytime I buy a coin(no offence to BC) its been pump and dump !
It happened for me when I got dogecoin at the price of 80 Satoshi and kept buying at the rates of 140, 180, 210! everyone told me to just hold it and right now is 100 stoshi.
It happened for AUR as well before the air drop and now....

Maybe in a couple of years all of them will go up like Bitcoin who knows but again if I want to hold a coin Im looking for something with a future not just a short period of time they come and disappear !

I hope BC will have the future everyones looking for Smiley

We are completely different from dogecoin or AUR. Dogecoin has 5% coin supply increase permanently. If it did not, I would have bought some. But the developer chose to this. I don't have a problem with that, but this probably kept it from surging in value. That's exactly the reason he did that.

AUR - citizens need the money so they all sold. Free money? Why wait if you have no interest in crypto. Actually I heard if you sold before airdrop, you would be fine. Didn't it go from $11 to $17 then after airdrop to $2?

+1

and $4 to $92 then $2 lol
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I bought BC when it was 0.00005000 BTC in mid march now its more than 3 times of the price I bought !!!!!
Yes i recommed holding it. I got it at that price too. I just keep buying more. Whenever I get more cash I buy more blackcoin. I dont hesistate. Its the best coin and its direction is up. This isnt a pump its a correction. Anyone who sells is nuts. This is not a pump+dump coin its a pump coin. Its an up coin.

The reason I asked this is that everytime I buy a coin(no offence to BC) its been pump and dump !
It happened for me when I got dogecoin at the price of 80 Satoshi and kept buying at the rates of 140, 180, 210! everyone told me to just hold it and right now is 100 stoshi.

Maybe in a couple of years all of them will go up like Bitcoin who knows but again if I want to hold a coin Im looking for something with a future not just a short period of time they come and disappear !

We are completely different from dogecoin or AUR. Dogecoin has 5% coin supply increase permanently. If it did not, I would have bought some. But the developer chose to this. I don't have a problem with that, but this probably kept it from surging in value. That's exactly the reason he did that.

AUR - citizens need the money so they all sold. Free money? Why wait if you have no interest in crypto. Actually I heard if you sold before airdrop, you would be fine. Didn't it go from $11 to $17 then after airdrop to $2?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
If you don't stake it you will keep having the same 1000 BC after a year, someone else with 1000 BC staking it will have roughly 1010 BC after a year. If you have a constantly up device with network connectivity staking is a good idea otherwise only worth it if you have a serious amount and care about the compound interest.

And of course, it helps secure the network to stake. Cool

So it's more like 1010 for non-staker and 1010.1 for the staker I think.

Non staker (someone who never unlocks his wallet) will never get any additional BC so it'll keep being 1000. Now, if he decides to stake at least for a short while this will, over some short period turn into 1010....

That short period is like roughly 24 hours right?

Not 100% sure but, having not staked for a long while I received my 2 month worth of interest within an hour of staking, so you're most likely right.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

If you don't stake it you will keep having the same 1000 BC after a year, someone else with 1000 BC staking it will have roughly 1010 BC after a year. If you have a constantly up device with network connectivity staking is a good idea otherwise only worth it if you have a serious amount and care about the compound interest.

Non staker (someone who never unlocks his wallet) will never get any additional BC so it'll keep being 1000. Now, if he decides to stake at least for a short while this will, over some short period turn into 1010....

That short period is like roughly 24 hours right?

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Hash rate for scrypt a few hours ago was around 3000 MH/s. Now, at http://blackcoinpool.com/ it's at 4456.53 MH/s.

That big jump in price caused some miners to notice so the hash speed will only go up. That will cause BC price to go up and then we just have one feeding the other to higher BC prices.

Indeed, and we need that. Did I read somewhere that Cryptsy is staking BC? If cryptsy were scumbag steve exchange and had 51% of all staked coins at a given time they could attempt a double spend attack. But... it's highly unlikely, so no panic needed.

Activity: 308
I have to say MOOLAH support rocks, I've sent them my documents to get verified, and got answer back in 5 minutes that I was accepted !
How exactly does the Staking work and do you need to keep the wallet open constantly to get your share? Or can you just open the wallet every now and then and let it update to "your stake"? Is it better to keep it open constantly or it doesn't matter?

You need to keep your wallet open and unlocked to receive compound interest, if you open it just rarely you will get your 1% yearly interest on coins not moved for 8 hours as your stash will have gained "weight" during that time, but you won't benefit from compound interest.

Staking earns you money and helps secure the network but I personally would not do it on a Windows platform, but it's just me, I keep my wallets strictly linux, compiled from source.

If you keep your wallet open 24/7, you'll get roughly 1.01%.

Can anyone confirm you actually have to open your wallet and receive the BC before staking starts? Or does it happen automatically as soon as someone send you BC?

You need to open and unlock, the little arrow bottom right reports the current staking status, if it's open but locked says "not staking" or something similar.

Ok let's say I have 1000BC - will this be dilluted a lot if I don't "stake"? As far as I know the number of BC coins is increasing all the time?

I was under the impression you would still get that 1% as soon as you sync up and your next rewards process regardless of how long you kept your wallet closed.

Yes, that is the case apologies if it sounded confusing
Activity: 140

How exactly does the Staking work and do you need to keep the wallet open constantly to get your share? Or can you just open the wallet every now and then and let it update to "your stake"? Is it better to keep it open constantly or it doesn't matter?

You need to keep your wallet open and unlocked to receive compound interest, if you open it just rarely you will get your 1% yearly interest on coins not moved for 8 hours as your stash will have gained "weight" during that time, but you won't benefit from compound interest.

Staking earns you money and helps secure the network but I personally would not do it on a Windows platform, but it's just me, I keep my wallets strictly linux, compiled from source.

Can anyone confirm you actually have to open your wallet and receive the BC before staking starts? Or does it happen automatically as soon as someone send you BC?

You need to open and unlock, the little arrow bottom right reports the current staking status, if it's open but locked says "not staking" or something similar.

Ok let's say I have 1000BC - will this be dilluted a lot if I don't "stake"? As far as I know the number of BC coins is increasing all the time?

I was under the impression you would still get that 1% as soon as you sync up and your next rewards process regardless of how long you kept your wallet closed.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Heard on IRC couple of people are going to try and pump it over 20k in 40mins to make that the new floor.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Yes, I know about this. For example, let's say I had 10K in my wallet and then someone sent me 10K BC. I didn't open my BC wallet for 1 year to confirm that transaction. After 1 year, I open it would I get 1% of my 10K or 1% of my 20K?

Don't take my word 100% but staking should not happen until your wallet is 100% sync'ed to the network. And the network (blockchain) is what cointains your ballance, not you wallet - your wallet is just a container of public+private key pairs. Basically, you don't need to open it after receiving coins, but you need to sync it (obviously). Wallet knows your coin age from the blockchain.
So what is the reason that litecoin got up to prices above 10 dollars?
Cozz now I See no reason why blackcoin can't do this aswell.. Seeing as its on coinkite next to litecoin soon..
Litecoins will face asics people will turn to blackcoin? hmm

It was tied to BTC value explosion in Nov 2013, that is often explained simply "because China".

+1

Then what was the reason for PPC's outbreak?

Every coin unfortunately is tied to BTC in value, but BC is being pumped. It will follow BTC in a few months, same happened with Doge.

Doge is crazy inflationary as it is. It peaked community size and adoption quickly and then community expansion slowed down significantly (I'm speaking mainly about subreddit subscriber count) but there was a constant supply (despite one halvening) of DOGE every day.. In other words - community can't keep up with influx of new coins, it's not because pump and dump, these guys are kinda big and whale-proof at this point.

EDIT: and DOGE is designed to be mined fully early next year, 100bil total supply. It's now 70% mined, the community has ~1 year of expansion to absorb 30% remaining coins. I still have faith in them and probably gonna buy more, because such mass of people just make things happen.

Their devs were just so stupid to make waaaaay to many coins.

Same issue with MINT, which obviously has a lot of similarities to BC. Just way too many coins.

Not the same, remember the dev premined 700 million AFAIK and then asked community to donate, when questioned about the premine failed to account for it. It also had a rough start with UPNP bugs making wallet sync difficult for many people, it has no awesome community where BC was smooth sailing minute one. Literally. I was mining it 4th minute after release, there were no premine, no hickups along the way, rat4 was amazing all times, pools were up, diff was adjusted quickly (1min AFAIK) meaning fair distribution between miners.

Yes, I know about this. For example, let's say I had 10K in my wallet and then someone sent me 10K BC. I didn't open my BC wallet for 1 year to confirm that transaction. After 1 year, I open it would I get 1% of my 10K or 1% of my 20K?
Activity: 267
Woodwallets.io
I WANT TO CELEBRATE TODAY :

Wooden wallet for Blackcoin, Special edition.

This is not a pre-order shit speculation. You pay now (also in BC), I'll ship it tomorrow. This is not scam: Jon Matonis( president of bitcoin association)  got one  -> https://twitter.com/jonmatonis/statuses/439340302147801088

We offer the wallet in three versions:

Pay with BC and get 20% discount.

We don't want your private key, you need to encrypt it before placing the order.

Please Read the FAQ: https://woodwallets.io/faq/

If you don't get it or don't know how to encrypt the key, ask me anything. In alternative, get the public address version Wink

+20K

Thanks!  So good to be here
Jump to: