Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BTC.sx - Leveraged trading made easy - page 2. (Read 8958 times)

donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
I tryed your page today with 0,1 BTC....orders are not executing

What a surprise.

For the wider audience, I'd like to respond to each 'constructive criticism' kindly left by kakobrekla by a post regarding his own brokerage.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1313315

Can I get an account so you can show me how its really done?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

What a surprise.
legendary
Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003
donator
I just opened an account and i dont feel comfortable without stops and limits. Margin trading NEEDS these options when trading because there is no way someone can sleep happy without stops.

Also a public trades history would be nice, and of course an orderbook

Nothing wrong with stops and limits.  These are mandatory though, maybe they can improve it and let the users set their own.

Hey there siulynot. Thanks for the feedback. A few users have requested this feature now and it is on our todo list so watch this space.

The trading volume has been steadily growing and is keeping us very busy lately. I'm working on growing the physical aspect of the business and will be committing to the full time development of it soon with other aspects such as an office space, full incorporation and staff coming soon.

Marketing the site and communicating what we do in a clear way has been challenging for me, I appreciate it could be a lot better. Its work in progress so I thank everybody for their patience and for the kind words of encouragement the users have left.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
chaos is fun...…damental :)
+1 for stops and limit orders on the position field
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
I just opened an account and i dont feel comfortable without stops and limits. Margin trading NEEDS these options when trading because there is no way someone can sleep happy without stops.

Nothing wrong with stops and limits.  These are mandatory though, maybe they can improve it and let the users set their own.
legendary
Activity: 1274

legendary
A number of users have emailed the support address asking about what happens to the bitcoins they lose when trading on BTC.sx. Some users have the assumption that we take their bitcoins (as profit). This is not the case, we do not benefit from our users placing losing positions - they are less likely to place trades in the future.

a public log of all trades delayed with refresh time 5 min will be nice
donator
Also the actual trade size can be calculated using the following:

Size (BTC/pt) * Price (USD) * 100

or

Size (BTC/pt) * Price (US cents)

In the US, people call it leveraged trading, in Europe the term geared trading is more often used. The spreadsheet below shows the effective 'gearing' which is price dependent.

donator
ok.. i'm trying to get my head around this pip thing..

i took your long example from the faq.
correct me where i'm wrong and please help me where i dont understand it.

    Bet size: 0.002 BTC/pt

so i say.. here: for every pt (wich is 1 $cent so .. 0.01$) that goes up.. i want btc.sx to pay me 0.002btc
(deposit of 2 BTC required)

this is:Deposit = Size * Required Stop

The required stop is currently 1250 points. Th

in this case 0.002 btc * 1250 points?  seems not to be 2btc but it's my best guess..

    Buy Price: US$120 = 12000 points
this is 120$*100 because points are actuall $cents.

   Close price on liquidation: US$128 = 12800 points
this is 128$*100 because points are actuall $cents.

    Profit = (12000 - ((12000^2) / 12800)) * 0.002
i dont understand this calculation please fully explain.

    Profit = 1.5 BTC

other questions..
can you show us how much btc or usd is borrowd if we place an 0.002btc/pt bet?  i'm not fully understanding how leverage works here.. x100 ?
so if i place bet 0.002btc/pt.. you automatically  borrow 100 times this amount in usd if i want to go long? and on this the daily fund  is calculated?   how?

Execution Spread:  if you need to borrow btc .. where do you get it, gox??  since it apparently could be  problematic when there is " high volatility or low liquidity"  i want to know where to look to see if indeed the liquidity is low or the volatility is too high .

what is the current maximum betsize?
where do you get your current prices from?

and please make "stop order" one of your biggest priorities possible Smiley   a realy great example is the one from bitfinex.. you can move it up and down whenever you want..   with bitcoins volatility..  a few hours away from screen could be problematic...

regards

bump..

please answer my questions Smiley

i'll add another question.

why is the spread so high?

Hi wonkytonky, apologies for the delayed response. I'll try my best to clear things up:

• In the example above the required stop was 1000 points. Apologies for the confusion I'll clarify that in the FAQ.
  • The required stop is changes and depends on market volatility and liquidity. The smaller it is, the cheaper it is to place trades. On the other hand, I have to balance the in-house trading risk that comes with placing the leveraged position out to market. If the position gaps out of your favour beyond the deposit amount held, you will not be charged a loss greater then the deposit amount (posted collateral) - btc.sx takes on this risk
  • In market making, amounts are measured in points and pips and ticks. BTC.sx uses points, which in this case will denominate the price in US cents
  • Execution spread refers to the difference in the display price and the actual traded price (after the order has been executed).
  • Why is the spread so high? It isn't. The prices will incorporate the broker trading fee (as orders are placed out to market) and a conservative execution spread. The spread is added so that the actual execution price will often beat the display price (under normal market liquidity - at times of high volatility, it will match and sometimes be worse then display price).

A number of users have emailed the support address asking about what happens to the bitcoins they lose when trading on BTC.sx. Some users have the assumption that we take their bitcoins (as profit). This is not the case, we do not benefit from our users placing losing positions - they are less likely to place trades in the future.

If a position placed goes against your favour, the bitcoins have to be sold to cover the amount that we have lost when the leveraged trade is liquidated. This is handled automatically by the trading engine. It will not deduct more than the amount required to cover the loss in our trading reserve.

So where does the bitcoin go? Back out to market.
legendary
the price u get is @ 500 BTC orderbook on gox
Activity: 411

so i say.. here: for every pt (wich is 1 $cent so .. 0.01$) that goes up.. i want btc.sx to pay me 0.002btc

in this case 0.002 btc * 1250 points?  seems not to be 2btc but it's my best guess..

    Profit = 1.5 BTC

other questions..
can you show us how much btc or usd is borrowd if we place an 0.002btc/pt bet?  i'm not fully understanding how leverage works here.. x100 ?
so if i place bet 0.002btc/pt.. you automatically  borrow 100 times this amount in usd if i want to go long? and on this the daily fund  is calculated?   how?

Execution Spread:  if you need to borrow btc .. where do you get it, gox??  since it apparently could be  problematic when there is " high volatility or low liquidity"  i want to know where to look to see if indeed the liquidity is low or the volatility is too high .

and please make "stop order" one of your biggest priorities possible Smiley   a realy great example is the one from bitfinex.. you can move it up and down whenever you want..   with bitcoins volatility..  a few hours away from screen could be problematic...

regards

bump..

please answer my questions Smiley

i'll add another question.

Activity: 448
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
I've added this site to my list as a Forex style leveraged trading platform:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-btc-derivativemarginleveraged-trading-services-254574
Activity: 411

    Profit = 1.5 BTC

other questions..

regards
legendary
Advanced trading features are on my list of features to add however stop and limit orders are a lower priority for now.
so one should stay on the pc 24/7 in order to take profits when it reach the desired price ?
donator
Correct. The capital provided for leveraging the trade is subject to a daily funding cost. I need to update the FAQ with details about how this is calculated, its currently between 0.2 - 1% a day.
can the users lend and take some risk ?

also are there any plans for limit orders ?
are there any plans for stop orders ?

Hi there myself. Currently I will not accept external lenders.

Advanced trading features are on my list of features to add however stop and limit orders are a lower priority for now.
legendary
Correct. The capital provided for leveraging the trade is subject to a daily funding cost. I need to update the FAQ with details about how this is calculated, its currently between 0.2 - 1% a day.
can the users lend and take some risk ?

also are there any plans for limit orders ?
are there any plans for stop orders ?

donator
It is designed to be intuitive for those with a trading background.

especially that imaginary currency pair BTC/PT.

can you at least respond this question: 1% up in BTC/USD means 1% up in BTC/PT?Huh?

Prices in most forex trading platforms are displayed in Points or Pips. This is the price in US cents.

BTC/PT is the currency pair you are trading on.

0.01 BTC/PT is not a percentage, it means that you are placing a trade so that each 1 cent movement will produce a gain or a loss of 0.01 BTC. It might be more intuitive if read as 0.01 bitcoins per cent movement.

If the bitcoin price goes up by $1, this is a 100 pt movement. A buy position of 0.01BTC/PT size would return ~1 btc. A buy position of 0.02BTC/PT would return ~2 btc etc...
legendary
Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003
It is designed to be intuitive for those with a trading background.

Ihave traded on Bitfinex and 1Broker and I find it very unintuitive.
especially that imaginary currency pair BTC/PT.

can you at least respond this question: 1% up in BTC/USD means 1% up in BTC/PT?Huh?
donator
BTC.sx like so many other similar services is not friendly to anyone but experinced traders. Is there any good reason for that? Put differently, you
are really ready to severly limit your possible income because of "elite" look and feel? As far as I see it, there are multiple similar "elite" websites
fighting over dozens of traders while tenths of thousands are playing SDICE or hoard BTC simply because they don't feel like gambling or messing
with inexperienced-trader-unfriendly services like BTC.sx

Pick 10 unknown people on random, let them read https://btc.sx/about.php?p=faq and you will hopefully realise the issues there. In case you feel
like such action is not required and don't feel like adjusting service to serve people, please remove the following bullshits from starting thread:

"Why?
One of our primary objectives is to see bitcoin as an economy grow. A proven catalyst to economic growth is liquidity. Allowing people the freedom
to trade as they like increases liquidity."

Feedback taken on board Bitcoin Megastore.

You are totally right that trading isn't always easy to understand. It is designed to be intuitive for those with a trading background. For those without, I would encourage you to read up about Margin Trading and CFD's before trying to understand what we do. Having a solid understanding of the mathematics behind each trade will help you make better informed trading decisions.

And to reiterate a point which you made to others. If all you want to do is bet, Satoshi Dice is as good a place as any, along with the other betting sites out there.

I'll look into getting the FAQ rewritten to be a little friendlier.
Pages:
Jump to: