Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread. - page 39. (Read 131010 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Another concern I have is,  Coinedup, coinex & crypto rush are/have been on the wrong fork.  So all the people who have invested in cat coin are suddenly going to lose their coins.  This isn't going to look good to investors in cat coin.  I don't think anyone knows which fork Cryptsy is on, could open a ticket but rolling a dice might be more productive!!!!
Activity: 657
Merit: 500
Another point I'd like to make

Mining-pool.co.uk  0.049mh/s
cat.e-pool.net 1.1mh/s
Coinex 0.608mh.s
Geekhash 8.165mh/s  (still under Construction)

Coinex network states say 31.4 mh/s

So are all the above on the correct Fork?

And then there's

Coinium @ 40.3mh/s

Could I ask the devs why the less popular fork has been used? 

Blaksmith covered most of this - I'll hit the rest.

Those are not the only pools or miners on the network, and they only account for part of the network hash rate.  The longest chain with the most work is the one that all have agreed should be selected - and that's why we chose the blockchain we're working working to get everyone aligned with.

Thanks for doing your homework and for taking the time to ask!

Andy
Can't download catcoin wallet from http://catcoinwallets.com/
Site does not work.

http://catcoinwallets.com/ Go back online? Or not?

Thanks for the heads-up.  I made some changes to the DNS records as part of deploying our new seed and master nodes.  It looks like the updates aren't fully propagated yet.  I'll post an update when it's accessible again.

Andy
Activity: 189
Merit: 100

cat.e-pool.net 1.1mh/s
Coinex 0.608mh.s

And then there's

Coinium @ 40.3mh/s

My say is not an official answer, but I'm going to suspect, that when Hozer sent out a call to all the pools to help and test some new code that was going to bring the network back together, nobody from Coinium or TeamCatCoin showed up, and neither have been active in the dev channel since even before the shout-out was sent.  I showed up to help debug and test, and well, here we are.

Blak

cat.e-pool.net 1.1mh/s
Coinex 0.608mh.s

And then there's

Coinium @ 40.3mh/s

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Would have been nice if a folk had been selected a bit earlier, as myself and several others had been asking.  Looks like it's gone with a pretty un know fork.

As I read it,  Most people here had been looking at the teamcat and coinium folk as the correct 1. 

I think I'm about to loose 2000 ish cat coins 750 in my wallet and about 1100 slowly on there way to exchanges and 150 still in coinium.

I was aware that Mining over the last couple of weeks was a risk, I did manage to get a few hundred to the exchanges,  Including coinex, which considering they've changed Forks,  I still had the coins, so I quickly just sold them.

I also managed to get coins to coinedup and crypto rush, in test quantities only. 

So the way I see it, everyone was on the same fork, apart from P2Pools & geekhash.com, but for some reason, this is the 1 the devs have gone with.

Please add me to the compensation list,  I would love the missing 2000 coins back, but even a small quantity would be nice

+1. Anyway i would suggest mining on: https://www.mining-pool.co.uk/cat-catcoin/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool
Seems like a stable pool and the operator has confirmed that he is on the right fork with geekhash and p2pools.
Would have been nice if a folk had been selected a bit earlier, as myself and several others had been asking.  Looks like it's gone with a pretty un know fork.

As I read it,  Most people here had been looking at the teamcat and coinium folk as the correct 1. 

I think I'm about to loose 2000 ish cat coins 750 in my wallet and about 1100 slowly on there way to exchanges and 150 still in coinium.

I was aware that Mining over the last couple of weeks was a risk, I did manage to get a few hundred to the exchanges,  Including coinex, which considering they've changed Forks,  I still had the coins, so I quickly just sold them.

I also managed to get coins to coinedup and crypto rush, in test quantities only. 

So the way I see it, everyone was on the same fork, apart from P2Pools & geekhash.com, but for some reason, this is the 1 the devs have gone with.

Please add me to the compensation list,  I would love the missing 2000 coins back, but even a small quantity would be nice

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Activity: 271
Merit: 254
http://cat.e-pool.net:9993/static/

is on right block

Code:
{
    "version" : 80900,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "blocks" : 23319,
}

Good deal.

Fire up your miners, I just did a transaction with a 50 CAT fee
Current block value:   100.025 CAT

As soon as this block clears we'll be on the way down for another rollercoaster ride when the gigahash shows up again
Activity: 619
Merit: 501
https://www.massict.com/
http://cat.e-pool.net:9993/static/

is on right block

Code:
{
    "version" : 80900,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "blocks" : 23319,
}

Activity: 42
Catcoin team,

I may have a possible lost coin issue as well.  But I can't know for sure until I download the new wallet, which doesn't seem to be available on the front page of this thread.  Will you have the wallets up and available soon?

Thanks for your hard work on the coin-

Update:

It appears I do have the correct wallet, I just wasn't able to sync past block 21346 and my lost coins have shown up.

However, I appear to be stuck at block 23319 for some reason.  Any idea why that might be?

my wallet version: v0.8.9.0-unk-beta

I got the new nodes including master nodes and im also stuck at 23319. I removed all files and restarted syncing but didn't help, stuck at the same block again.
Activity: 294
Where I can download wallet?
Activity: 15
Crypto King, I think the point that the devs have put across is that mining at any pool is risky until they've made their final changes.

For the impatient, SlimePuppy posted a list of pools. You'll have to read back 3 or 4 posts to find it.
Activity: 252
Can we have an upto date list of all the pools now on the correct fork.

It's crucial we get all the pools back on track so we can start mining properly.

Please pool owners let us know
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006
coin dead ?? most of the pools have no one mining
Activity: 59
Catcoin team,

I may have a possible lost coin issue as well.  But I can't know for sure until I download the new wallet, which doesn't seem to be available on the front page of this thread.  Will you have the wallets up and available soon?

Thanks for your hard work on the coin-

Update:

It appears I do have the correct wallet, I just wasn't able to sync past block 21346 and my lost coins have shown up.

However, I appear to be stuck at block 23319 for some reason.  Any idea why that might be?

my wallet version: v0.8.9.0-unk-beta

Activity: 294
Can't download catcoin wallet from http://catcoinwallets.com/
Site does not work.
Seriously CATians - this is a forum.  People post things.  Sometimes it's helpful if we actually READ the posts from time to time before adding to the insanityfest.  This is a recording.

DEV FLASH

Everyone - please - unless you have been working 14 hour days on CAT, have more than half of your CAT stake at risk, are putting your own money (not mining profits - paycheck funds!) into cat support and cat development, than I can absolutely assure you that you do not want to be certain of CAT more than me!  Grin

Everyone knows we have forks.  Hopefully you also know we've been testing a solution and working with the entire community to fix this.  With that said we want to confirm that we have another safe pool to mine if you want to mine - AT YOUR OWN RISK.  Thanks to Captainfuture of coinex.pw as his exchange and pools are synchronized!

Mine one of Hozer's P2Pools
Mine at geekhash.com
Mine at Coinex
Sync your wallet with one of these and solo-mine

Yes, the OP is currently out of date but we'll fix it.  The addnodes are out of date - they will disappear because the code's fixed and We Now Control The Seed Node and We Have Master Nodes. Cheesy

Master Nodes:
seed.catcoinwallets.com
cat.geekhash.org (172.254.235.58)

It's fluid - it's flowing - it's like herding cats - but we're all moving in the right direction - and it's towards full, whole, catness. Smiley

DEV FLASH

Possible insurance coverage:
http://www.reddit.com/r/catcoins/comments/1y2eg6/aye_maties_raise_the_jib_and_ready_the_checkpoint/
Activity: 80
So, what about my 1000 CAT mined in coinium, which, as you said, is on the wrong fork?Huh? Are they lost forever?Huh?
Explain please!
It was publicly anounced that there are multiple forks out there. Noone forced you to mine there. It was clearly announced that mining at that time is on own risk, but it seems there are nice guys in the background willing to cover your loss.

If someone can help returning my lost 1000 CAT, i'm willing to give him 200 as a reward for the efforts. FFS...if the new P2Pool makes a fork... then what?Huh I think i can wait awhile to see if the things are fixed, and then i will consider if i can return mining CATcoins...just for now i'm mining SMART coins @ Xhash...so if everyone wants to change the comunity, with a better team and better proffitability, is invited. Bye catcoinerz.. see ya soon...i guess Cheesy
Activity: 15
I tried to send 0.01CAT directly from the pool wallet to your address; we will see where it goes

Code:
catcoind sendtoaddress 9ZH9QtsVsLvEuDQtMtZrQ28dggRVGTpmMc 0.01
1802515a2369fc2afe784c67a38b7e4382185622f0255d56da814266940ca805

Let us know

_TheQueen74

Thanks Queen - I only saw this when I woke up this morning, and it worked, the test transaction is in my wallet. I know it doesn't mean anything any more as I think we're on a different fork now, I'm just posting this here for the sake of completeness.
Pages:
Jump to: