Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 140. (Read 500113 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

as for pools.h ... the only i can find is pools.conf and pools.cpp ... no header file ...

My mistake, I meant pools.cpp. It should have a #include so it can find json_array_foreach.

It's still not clear to me whether you're trying to compile the 1.7.4 release or the latest git clone.
If you're compiling the right code which includes both the definition of json_array_foreach (#define)
and the proper reference to it (#include) and it still doesn't compile there is something bigger going on.

its the latest git clone ... as i always do ...

but im leaving it for now ...

ill look into it more when i have had some sleep - as its 0450 friday morning now - and im just knackered ...

the git clone compiles fine in fedora 23 x64 ( the miners and desktop ) - just not centos 7 x64 ( the server ) ...

i figured you meant pools.cpp ... Smiley ...

will look deeper tomorrow at it ...

#crysx

I editted my previous post and I'm more convinced the two problems are related as they work on some
systems but not others.

yes - possibly ...

but there is never an easy answer to this sort of issue ...

the main reason i wanted to compile it in centos 7 - is that the server is centos 7 x64 now ( it was scientific linux 6.5 - still redhat based ) and ive decided to run two 759ti oc lp cards in that server ... subsequently - ive taken one out and just left the one running there and IS mining - but only with ccminer-spmod78 ( after the code change - declaration ) and will not mine decred - which is the main reason i use the tpruvot version ( apart from the fact that its quite stable and has many algos to choose from ) ...

when i move and settle this week - and i get back online with internet in the new place - ill look more into debian based systems ... im actually getting too frustrated with the lack of advancement that the redtape - i mean redhat - camp are always coming out with ... i know redhat systems - which is one of the reasons i have iot as my desktop AND servers AND miners in the different distros ...

life is takign over at the moment - and im running out of time for this move ... so ill bee less and less - while thefarm will be taken offline indefinitely until i can find another place for it ... im too picky unfortunately ...

i think eventually i will need help on setting up my own repo for all this - specifically for mining on fedora and centos ...

maybe sooner than later actually ...

tanx again ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

as for pools.h ... the only i can find is pools.conf and pools.cpp ... no header file ...

My mistake, I meant pools.cpp. It should have a #include so it can find json_array_foreach.

It's still not clear to me whether you're trying to compile the 1.7.4 release or the latest git clone.
If you're compiling the right code which includes both the definition of json_array_foreach (#define)
and the proper reference to it (#include) and it still doesn't compile there is something bigger going on.

ill look into it more when i have had some sleep - as its 0450 friday morning now - and im just knackered ...

the git clone compiles fine in fedora 23 x64 ( the miners and desktop ) - just not centos 7 x64 ( the server ) ...

#crysx

I editted my previous post and I'm more convinced the two problems are related as they work on some
systems but not others.
legendary

#crysx
legendary

Edit:

I'm starting to think this problem and the whirlpool problem are related even though the symtoms are reversed.
In my case whirpool failed to compile on Centos 6 but works with Fedora 20 and Mint 17. Since the
source code is identical the difference must be in the compile environment. Unfortunately my limtited
knowledge of the c++ autoconf build system prevents me from going any deeper.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
is a new version coming with some hashrate buff?
Activity: 450
Merit: 250
hello
the line GPU #0 start=00000000 end=ffffffff range= ffffffff
keeps showing up, is there something wrong?
legendary
legendary
[...] btw - how did you rotate the pools on ccminer? ...
#crysx

On that config sample, the miner would start off with a default to run on the 1st pool. If the 1st pool was down for the time set in timeout, the miner would switch to solo. In the solo config, you'll see I had a time-limit. This was to get the miner to periodically stop and retry the 1st pool again.

Worked out pretty well while I used it. I alternated between pool and solo, but certainly the same config would work nicely for a primary/backup pool configuration.

tanx for your help myagui ...

its now doing what i needed it to do - although i cannot seem to direct output to a log ...

i want it running in the background - but also wish to periodically track the miners output via log file ...

any idea how? ... is there a specific command withing ccminer ( sp or tpruvot ) the tells the miner to direct output to log? ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
[...] btw - how did you rotate the pools on ccminer? ...
#crysx

On that config sample, the miner would start off with a default to run on the 1st pool. If the 1st pool was down for the time set in timeout, the miner would switch to solo. In the solo config, you'll see I had a time-limit. This was to get the miner to periodically stop and retry the 1st pool again.

Worked out pretty well while I used it. I alternated between pool and solo, but certainly the same config would work nicely for a primary/backup pool configuration.
legendary
legendary
@crysx:

Here's a sample config file doing pool rotation that I used when I was mining ZRC some while back, this should be fairly simple to get you started customizing:

Code:
{
"_note": "Sample rotation of 2 pools",

"pools":[{
"name": "ZRC Pool",
"url": "stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:5533",
"user": "somezrcaddy",
"pass": "x"
},
{
"name": "ZRC Solo",
"url": "127.0.0.1:14486",
"user": "someexclusiveusername",
"pass": "someuniquecomplexpass",
"time-limit": "1800"
}],

"algo" : "zr5",
"api-bind" : "0",
"api-remote" : false,
"quiet" : true,
"timeout" : "120",
"intensity" : "20"
}

I think some releases had sample config files on them, not sure if that's always been so.
Cheers!  Smiley

tanx myagui ...

its interesting that this is for ccminer ... as it looks very similar to sgminer conf ...

but this is a good start mate ...

tanx very much ...

btw - how did you rotate the pools on ccminer? ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
@crysx:

Here's a sample config file doing pool rotation that I used when I was mining ZRC some while back, this should be fairly simple to get you started customizing:

Code:
{
"_note": "Sample rotation of 2 pools",

"pools":[{
"name": "ZRC Pool",
"url": "stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:5533",
"user": "somezrcaddy",
"pass": "x"
},
{
"name": "ZRC Solo",
"url": "127.0.0.1:14486",
"user": "someexclusiveusername",
"pass": "someuniquecomplexpass",
"time-limit": "1800"
}],

"algo" : "zr5",
"api-bind" : "0",
"api-remote" : false,
"quiet" : true,
"timeout" : "120",
"intensity" : "20"
}

I think some releases had sample config files on them, not sure if that's always been so.
Cheers!  Smiley
legendary
legendary
legendary
hi all ...

epsylon3 - ive tried to contact you on irc - but as usual you are a very busy man Smiley ...

i have a small issue that i know has been looked at before a long time ago - so some of you may know how to 'fix' it ...

i have just rebuild the main server in the network ( from a crash last week due to power issues ) and im at wits end as to how to rectify the compilation error im getting ...

the rebuild was done with centos 7 x64 ( to match the multitude of vps systems granite currently has ) and the compilation of the miners ( both sp and tpruvot ) bomb with different issues ...

ccminer-spmod bombs with a declaration issue in whirlpool - so i just changed code to declare the variable and it compile nicely ... so ccminer-spmod78 works and currently hashes without issue ( i have two 750ti oc cards in the server to test ) ...

ccminer-tpruvot174 bombs with a json error - and i am unsure how to fix this ...

i believe this is an icompatibility issue with the jansson version in centos 7 x64 - but cant figure out what to do to get ccminer-tpruvot174 compiled ...

below is the output of the issue ...

Code:
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -fopenmp  -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing  -I/usr/local/cuda/include -DUSE_WRAPNVML   -O3 -march=native -D_REENTRANT -falign-functions=16 -falign-jumps=16 -falign-labels=16 -MT ccminer-util.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/ccminer-util.Tpo -c -o ccminer-util.o `test -f 'util.cpp' || echo './'`util.cpp
pools.cpp: In function ‘bool parse_pool_array(json_t*)’:
pools.cpp:326:32: error: ‘json_array_foreach’ was not declared in this scope
  json_array_foreach(obj, idx, p)
                                ^
pools.cpp:327:2: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
  {
  ^
pools.cpp:393:1: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
 }
 ^
make[2]: *** [ccminer-pools.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
ccminer.cpp: In function ‘bool work_decode(const json_t*, work*)’:
ccminer.cpp:635:34: error: ‘json_array_foreach’ was not declared in this scope
    json_array_foreach(txs, idx, p) {
                                  ^
ccminer.cpp:635:36: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
    json_array_foreach(txs, idx, p) {
                                    ^
ccminer.cpp:3514:1: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
 }
 ^
make[2]: *** [ccminer-ccminer.o] Error 1

any help with this would be very much appreciated ...

the other 'issue' - though not an issue with the miner itself - is that i have absolutely no idea how to create a config file for ccminer ... there seems to be NO documentation about it at all ...

can anyone help? ...

#crysx
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Ah, thanks, missed that somehow.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Code:
[2016-03-09 19:23:25] GPU #1: aes_cpu_init invalid device symbol
[2016-03-09 19:23:25] GPU #3: aes_cpu_init invalid device symbol
[2016-03-09 19:23:25] GPU #2: aes_cpu_init invalid device symbol
[2016-03-09 19:23:25] GPU #0: aes_cpu_init invalid device symbol
[2016-03-09 19:23:26] GPU #1: aes_cpu_init invalid device symbol
[2016-03-09 19:23:26] GPU #3: aes_cpu_init invalid device symbol
[2016-03-09 19:23:26] GPU #2: aes_cpu_init invalid device symbol
[2016-03-09 19:23:26] GPU #0: aes_cpu_init invalid device symbol
[2016-03-09 19:23:27] GPU #1: quark_blake512_cpu_setBlock_80:318 invalid device symbol
Cuda error in func 'cuda_check_cpu_setTarget' at line 41 : invalid device symbol.

Any ideas?
legendary
@joblo,
Cryptonight on CPU is a particular case. There's a 2MB scratchpad per thread (or something else which proper name I don't recall). For whatever CPU you have, the ideal number of threads will always be cache-size/2. Most i7's have 8MB cache, so optimal threads = 4.

As far as the rest of the details that you posted, way over my head.  /searching    Cheesy

I don't agree with it being over your head, your comment was spot on and perfectly illustrates what I was
saying. As you add more threads the memory requirements increase and when it becomes larger that the cache
size performance drops noticibly in spite of any benefits provided by hyperthreading.

Perhaps a similar thing is occurring on a small CPU when GPU mining ETH with many threads.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
its still possible to get some cents from datacenter "sleeping" servers Wink i have some cheap dedicated ones
Jump to: