Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 143. (Read 500113 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Yes. I'd say Yiimp had a particularly good couple of days there.
May it have many more!  Cool

Edit: As a bit of a side note, I've always gotten a feel that smaller pools have better efficiency (and thus slightly better payouts). I don't have any significant numbers to back this reasoning, but anyhow, generally speaking, I always tend to point my hashrate at a small or small'ish pool.
on a large pool, only large miner gets "normal" payout, small miner may not get shares for every block which are found, reducing a bit the income (well on suprnova you can choose your diff though), scaling might differ a bit between small and larger miner etc...
however there is a smaller risk involved by using large pool than small one (as for small pool, you need to run a longer time before finding a block...)
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Yes. I'd say Yiimp had a particularly good couple of days there.
May it have many more!  Cool

Edit: As a bit of a side note, I've always gotten a feel that smaller pools have better efficiency (and thus slightly better payouts). I don't have any significant numbers to back this reasoning, but anyhow, generally speaking, I always tend to point my hashrate at a small or small'ish pool.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I was referring to the numbers that antantti posted, as I understand he's mining on Yiimp. You are comparing your returns (from a large pool with low variance), with his returns (from a small pool with high variance), right? So not a sensible comparison, was my point...

ah... you think that he was lucky?
legendary
“First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule Daniel son, not mine”

Mr Miyagi

Grin

@Vaccomondus:
Small pool, big variance. It get's closer to the experience of mining solo. Some days you get a lot, some days you get just a little. You'd need to compare earnings over much larger periods to read any sort of reasonable average of daily returns...

i'm mining on supernova which has 50% of the net hash, how is this a small pool?

I was referring to the numbers that antantti posted, as I understand he's mining on Yiimp. You are comparing your returns (from a large pool with low variance), with his returns (from a small pool with high variance), right? So not a sensible comparison, was my point...
legendary
@Vaccomondus:
Small pool, big variance. It get's closer to the experience of mining solo. Some days you get a lot, some days you get just a little. You'd need to compare earnings over much larger periods to read any sort of reasonable average of daily returns...

i'm mining on supernova which has 50% of the net hash, how is this a small pool?
lol thought you were mining on yiimp, since you were complaining here Grin
1.3g average but with oc more
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Guys , which speed gtx970 reaches on decred, I can't find such statistics...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
“First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule Daniel son, not mine”

Mr Miyagi
@Vaccomondus:

legendary
@Vaccomondus:
legendary
Fist ~44 hours with ~7 GH:

Accepted: 6490/6500 (99.85%)

Total earned 17.67 DCR

what? i've 1/5 of that and my earning is 1 decred per day, something is seriously fucked here on the pool i'm not buying the luck stuff, in fact they are investigating on the backend now read the news
i think some payment of some users went to another users, because you're basically doing 3 decred per day with a single 970, that's impossible
that's because you don't know how to read... 17 in 44hours means 9.6decred/day

then we are in two that dunno how to read lol, because i said that i'm doing 1 decred only per day, and by your post i should do almost 2, 1/5 of 9.6 = 2
the pool has low net hashrate, so lower chance to get a block... then if you are unsure, you can check all the block you mined and do the full calculation (and see where it goes) rather than doing speculations...

Total earned 17.67 DCR

what? i've 1/5 of that and my earning is 1 decred per day, something is seriously fucked here on the pool i'm not buying the luck stuff, in fact they are investigating on the backend now read the news
i think some payment of some users went to another users, because you're basically doing 3 decred per day with a single 970, that's impossible

then we are in two that dunno how to read lol, because i said that i'm doing 1 decred only per day, and by your post i should do almost 2, 1/5 of 9.6 = 2
legendary

Total earned 17.67 DCR

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
impossible is not in my vocabulary.... "impossible n'est pas français"... french proverb :p incredible yes Wink

-- Napoleon 9 juillet 1813

Total earned 17.67 DCR

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
hey why nvidia is trash on ethereum? nothing can be done? also it appear that the best amd is 280x and not the last card generation(fury etc...)

this is NEVER a static thing ... block hits are NOT exact and NEVER expected ...

its a lottery draw - no matter which way you look at it ... you are never guaranteed a block ...

so you should never calculate based on 'guaranteed' block hits ... ever ...

#crysx

so that estimate on supernova is fucked up?

no - of course not ...

but its just that - an estimate ...

there is NO accuracy with ANY of these estimates due tot he changing environment and hashrate and other factors ...

its like saying it takes you 45minutes to get to work EVERY morning ... we KNOW thats garbage - it can NEVER be exactly the same EVERY morning ... due tot factors that affect the traffic flow - like weather and stop lights and accidents along the road ...

so the estimate is 45minutes - but its NEVER exactly 45minutes all the time ...

so too the blocks and the 'luck' of hitting a block ...

ask ocminer ( who owns suprnova ) how much he hits EVERYDAY ... he cannot tell you anything but an estimate - and thats only by guesstimating the last few weeks of the pool ... and even then he would be completely wrong - as hashrate and downtime affect how many blocks get hit ...

same here - or on any other pool ...

so being screwed up is NOT the reason it can never be exact - its just that there are many other factors involved ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Total earned 17.67 DCR

hey why nvidia is trash on ethereum? nothing can be done? also it appear that the best amd is 280x and not the last card generation(fury etc...)

this is NEVER a static thing ... block hits are NOT exact and NEVER expected ...

its a lottery draw - no matter which way you look at it ... you are never guaranteed a block ...

#crysx

so that estimate on supernova is fucked up?
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
No errors in the client..

Yiimp is giving me 1/3rd of the decred coins compared to dcr.suprnova.cc.. Time for another restart? It looks that we are finding blocks everytime you restart the pool.

17GHASH should give around 25 DCR coins aday (0.1338BTC) On yiimp I only get around 0.05BTC...

same, but with 1.4, should i get 1/12 right? so 2 decred day, instead i'm struggling for 1.5 and this on supernova let alone on other pool

#crysx
No errors in the client..

Yiimp is giving me 1/3rd of the decred coins compared to dcr.suprnova.cc.. Time for another restart? It looks that we are finding blocks everytime you restart the pool.

17GHASH should give around 25 DCR coins aday (0.1338BTC) On yiimp I only get around 0.05BTC...

same, but with 1.4, should i get 1/12 right? so 2 decred day, instead i'm struggling for 1.5 and this on supernova let alone on other pool
Jump to: